New Batch Arrived - Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpaulette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2010
midwest
As someone else said in another thread, I LOVE delivery days, especially when new flavors are in the bag... it's like Christmas in August!

Just received a hefty batch of new flavors, and thought I might post some of my first impressions

As always, everyone's tastes are SOOOOO different, so take this all with a grain of salt... just one guy's opinions.

First impressions (all at 18mg)

Premium Watermelon -
Tastes like watermelon candy. Crisp, light. Not bad. Not impressed by vapor production, in fact the vapor is pretty weak. Not much of a throat hit. As much as I like the flavor, due to the weak vape/TH, I may not be re-ordering this, but glad I tried it.
(EDIT: I need more time on this one. After forcing myself to give it a second chance, I may be more fond of this one than I thought. Its quite a light, crisp taste, and can be a nice alternative when your palette can no longer handle some of the richer flavors like butterscotch)

Premium Red Energy Drink (labeled Red Cow) -
First of all, I enjoy the taste of the actual drink, and I must say they did a nice job at replicating the flavor. Great vapor production for a premium! Decent throat hit, but I wouldn't call it strong. Overall, a very enjoyable vape - might have to get some more of this. Will have to let my taste buds sit with this for a little longer to be sure.

Wow Butterscotch -
I'm a fan of butterscotch candy. If there's a bowl of old-school hard candies in front of me, I'm grabbing the round yellow one, hoping its butterscotch. This vape version of an old favorite is utterly delicious. Delicious. Am in love. I have to forcibly stop myself from continuing to puff on this, in order to try the other flavors that arrived in this shipment. YUM. I've noticed that some of the other mellow/sweet flavors tend to have a lighter throat hit, but this actually has more of a throat hit than I would have expected. (EDIT: after puffing for a bit on this, the TH mellows out - not a strong TH, but still in love with the flavor) Accurate full-bodied butterscotch flavor that hits the back of your tongue with that distinctive buttery taste. LOVE IT - DEFINITELY buying this by the bottle from now on

Wow Vanilla -
If you like vanilla, you'll probably like this. Great vapor production, fairly light throat hit. Very sweet, and a very distinct vanilla flavor. Not quite "vanilla bean"... more like a cross between french vanilla ice cream, and vanilla extract - somewhere between the two. I don't think its my new favorite or even in my top 5, but if I were stuck with nothing but bottles of this, I think I'd be OK with that.
(EDIT: Going back to this one, I still find myself impressed, but not in love with it, and I think I realized why - it's the same level of full-bodied sweetness as the butterscotch. Having both is almost pointless. If you'd typically prefer a vanilla shake over a butterscotch shake, you'll love this flavor! I think I'm just more of a butterscotch kinda guy)

Wow Mango -
It certainly tastes like a mango. Perhaps its just this particular carto, but I'm not impressed by the vapor at all. If I'm going to "review" this, I know I should probably take a few more puffs, but I really don't feel like doing so (which isn't a good sign). If you're a mango freak, and can't get enough mango, you may love it. ... I dunno, maybe I'm just not a fruit-vape lover (although Wownana is one of my favorites)... EDIT... OK, to be fair, I decided to open a second, fresh carto to see if the weak vapor was a fluke, and this second carto definitely has a lot more vapor. Still not sure if this is a flavor I'll want more of. Need to give myself some time with it, and see if my brain says "hey, I want more mango"
(EDIT: Like the watermelon, each time I revisit this flavor, I like it a little more. Also, the weak vapor was DEFINITELY a bum carto issue. Plenty of vapor on subsequent carts)

Wow 555 -
I received an old-school 555 as a free sample with my initial kit, and it quickly became one of my go-to vapes when none of the others sounded good. I liked that it had a very light, almost non-descript sweet taste, and not much more. My wife said it "tastes like a fog machine", and I'm not sure I totally disagree. If you've ever been at a dance club, standing in the middle of that cloud of strangely sweet-smelling fog, thats kind of what it reminded me of as well. However, I found that I enjoyed smoking the "fog machine" flavor, so I figured I'd give the new Wow version a try. This does not taste quite the same. Although its still a light mellow taste, this definitely has more of a distinct flavor to it, and after several puffs, I can say with certainty that I LIKE IT BETTER. A WHOLE LOT BETTER... Fantastic vapor production, nice throat hit, with a very nutty aftertaste. If I had to nail it down, I'd lean toward cashews (which I adore). LOVE IT. Ordering a bottle of this is a certainty. (I know that 555 is supposed to be a tobacco flavor, but I don't get that - never did with the old-style 555 either... tasted nothing like tobacco to me, and neither does this, and I'm fine with that! Perfect as it is, whatever you want to call it)
(EDIT: Nothing new to report. Still rocks. Definite all-day vape candidate)

The biggest pleasant surprise out of the whole batch was the Wow 555. I expected to like it, but I thought the butterscotch would blow it away. Not so. They're neck and neck. Might have to vape on both for the rest of the day.

In hindsight, I think the only one I'd consider a definite disappointment would be the premium watermelon. And this is a surprise, because that was one that I thought I'd like for sure. (SEE EDIT ABOVE) Second to last would be the mango, but time may change my opinion on that one. (YEP, NEEDED SOME TIME) Everything else, I'm really diggin

I'm also little light-headed now, from so much rapid-fire puffing. Must slow down... right after a couple more puffs of that cashewlicious Wow 555.
...and then some more butterscotch. :p

(all just my uber-humble opinions!!!)

OH, and all this was being puffed on a passthrough... Didn't want a possibly weak battery to tamper with first impressions!

DOH - and just noticed they're not selling Wow 555 by the bottle yet. Hope that's on the horizon!!!

Last edited:

GiMante

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
So Cal
www.VaperSociety.com
As someone else said in another thread, I LOVE delivery days, especially when new flavors are in the bag... it's like Christmas in August!

Just received a hefty batch of new flavors, and thought I might post some of my first impressions

As always, everyone's tastes are SOOOOO different, so take this all with a grain of salt... just one guy's opinions.

First impressions (all at 18mg)

He's at 18mg

bpaulette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2010
midwest
Bpaulette...what mg. on those?
Argh, sorry - 18mg (just added that to original post - my fault)

Thanks sallyem!

I do type a little too fast, in (some might say) too much of a stream-of-consciousness style. Forgive me if I tend to go on a bit too long. In the future, I'll probably just add new notes/reviews to this same thread, so that I don't clutter up the forum too much with my drivel. :D

bpaulette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2010
midwest
ARGH. Ok. First impressions be damned (so funny how your tastes have to adjust to some of these).... After sitting with these all day, I just added some edits to my first impressions.

Now, I could just be crazy, but I'm starting to like all of them. Even the watermelon, which I was pretty disappointed about at first. Starting to think I may dig them all.

What the heck am I supposed to do NOW, V4L?!?! Riddle me that!!! I only have room for so many carts in my case... Should I just walk around with pockets full of loose carts, bouncing around willy-nilly?! Or attempt to limit myself to only the 8 I can get in the case, and risk the pain of missing part of my beloved 12-course-meal rotation?

Life is so much simpler if you only like 1 or 2 flavors. Sheesh!!!! :D

Twilight

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
No. California, CA US
Yeah, I was surprised you weren't lovin' the watermelon....it's one of my favorites, but I didn't like it right out of the gate either. WOW chocolate is delicious too...can hardly put it down. Was definitely getting more nic than I did while smoking (since the carts are so darn tasty), so I've been getting my favorite flavors in lower mgs so I don't make myself sick.

windsprints

Jul 13, 2010
NY
I ordered a starter kit that I was going to give to someone else. I decided to try it out and then decide if I wanted to keep it (can order another as a gift). I tried a few flavors:

Wow Vanilla (8 mg) Really good! The taste reminded me of Pillsbury vanilla frosting.
Parliament Green (8 mg, non menthol) I smoked Parliament 100s for 25 years so I was really excited to try this. I didn't think it really tasted like Parliaments but I doubt anything could really taste just like a real cig. It did have the non-harsh tobacco taste and was smooth. I found it pleasant.
Pina Colada (4mg) I didn't care for this at all. I didn't think it really tasted like pina colada. I'll revisit it down the road as people say tastes can change.

Overall I find the flavor very strong. Today is the first day I'm using the PV so that may be part of it - I'm still getting used to it overall.

Sallyem

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
California
ARGH.
Life is so much simpler if you only like 1 or 2 flavors. Sheesh!!!! :D

Very well written, and so FUNNY!! I have a little bowl here on my desk,
with partially filled cartos ( I like to change often ). There are fifiteen
cartos in there!! Instead of finally finished those cartos, I find myself
ordering OTHER flavors. It's crazy, but fun! :thumbs:

windsprints

Jul 13, 2010
NY
Frosting - heh - That was the first thing my wife said, after trying the vanilla just now. She wasn't brand-specific, though, so I think you win.
LOL. I just used Pillsbury frosting on Sunday because I didn't feel like making my own. Guess I just had the brand name on my mind.

I tried Premium Apple Cinnamon Cranberry today (8 mg) and really like it. Definitely one I'll be ordering again. I'll try the WOW version the next time I order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread