New Batch Arrived - Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was excited to try the Wow Mango and as soon as I started vaping on my newly arrived cartos, I quickly became disappointed. To me, the mango tastes like they combined peach and coconut in equal amounts. I'm not recognizing any mango taste at all with this flavor. :(

I felt the same way... I couldn't place if it was peachy or apricot ( I don't think I tasted coconut thou) that I felt I was tasting but I was also trying the peach, peach cobbler & a bunch of others at the same time... so I had no idea what was throwing my taste buds out of whack... try the mango again in a day or two (that's what I did), it's not bad... but I do still taste peach or apricot. I almost feel like I should buy a real mango and see what that tastes like to me now. But.... to be fair... my tastes keep changing... so I will see how I feel again about it tomorrow.

ETsmokinandvapin

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Kentucky
I am vaping a Wow Mango 11 mg. and I liked it right from the start. I have a tai restaurant nearby that makes a wonderful mango on sticky rice dessert, and I think it comes pretty close to a mango flavor for me. I'm getting a nice amount of vapor too.

I can see why one would say it tastes peachy. I refilled my first mango cart with a peach juice, very compatable.

bpaulette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2010
midwest
ROUND 2 (ding ding)

Just received another order, including some 30ml bottles of the flavors I've already decided are keepers (Wow 555 and Wow Butterscotch). Also added new flavors this time:
WowRazz - went for the 30ml bottle, due to SO MANY positive reviews
WowPeppermint - also bottle from the raves
Wow Cafe Mocha - also a bottle - its Wade's favorite, nuff said
Wow Cherry Cordial - got cartos, due to lack of reviews available
Wow Choco Banana - also cartos, no reviews

Then picked up 2 boxes of premium blanks, and 2 boxes of Coolcarts, and one automatic shorty to complement the growing collection of manuals (I love the manuals, but spend a TON of time behind a computer, and want hands free puffing at times, when gaming or working). Obviously still experimenting quite a bit, trying to find my niche.

Then came the taste tests. So much fun.
Either V4L is improving their batting average, or I'm just starting to figure out what sort of tastes I'll like, before I even try them.

I like them all. I tried each of them, and now I'm very torn on which to continue puffing on, and none sound bad. Some are probably going to be a once-in-a-while vape, when I get that hankering for a different flavor, but a couple could easily become go-to vapes

Wow Peppermint -
First of all, I'm not a menthol lover. I was a bit hesitant to try this one, thinking it would taste too much like a menthol. So glad I decided to try this! Other than the very cool sesation (which really fills your whole mouth/throat), which is similar to a menthol, the FLAVOR is completely different. Distinctly peppermint. Like a candy cane, or perhaps the inside of a York Peppermint Patty without the chocolate coating. Incredible throat hit (one of the best TH I've experienced thus far) which, while stronger than most is still very pleasant. LOVE THIS

Razzwow -
Like the peppermint, this one seems to be on a lot of people's list of favorites, so decided to take the plunge. Again, so glad I did. Great raspberry flavor. After dripping it into a blank, at first I thought it wasn't very strong, but I think it just needed to sit for a bit. Very nice flavor overall, but still quite light and crisp. Like some of the other fruit flavors, its easy to control how much the flavor hits you - exhale only through the mouth, and it leaves only a light raspberry aftertaste - blow it out your nose though, and its raspberry city baby, and suddenly seems quite stong. This is an interesting dynamic, because I find there are times when some of the richer flavors get on my nerves, and I really WANT a lighter flavor that I can control. The fruit flavors seem to be very good at this (mango is another one that performs much like this), and Razzwow might just be my new favorite fruit vape. Decent vapor production, very nice crisp medium throat hit.

Wow Cafe Mocha -
This is a very nice flavor. Mellow, and very tasty. I'll preface the rest of my opinion by saying that my taste in coffee definitely leans toward the STRONG end of the java spectrum. I love a VERY strong cup of coffee, topped off with sweetened (often flavored) creamer. Its gotta be strong enough to start with though, for the coffee flavor to shine through the cream. I was hoping this would be my "perfect" mix, right off the shelf. On its own, again, its a great flavor - nice chocolate, with an almost unplacable undertone, which I'm guessing is the coffee part. Its a bit weak on the coffee flavor, but I'm actually really looking forward to experimenting with mixing this with Wow Espresso and Wow Coffee (which, in my opinion, really has the strongest coffee flavor). Great vapor. Very mild throat hit.

Wow Cherry Cordial -
Delicious. Accurate to the real thing. Very strong aroma of cherries and chocolate, both bathing in a sea of rum. (Even just the smell of these, wafting off the cartos as they sit on the table, is quite strong, and I found that I had to step away from where they were sitting to try the other flavors without the smell affecting my tastes - haha) If you like the real thing, you're going to like this vape. Great vapor production. Very mild throat hit.

Wow Choco Banana -
Wownana is one of my favorites, so thought this would be worth a try. Its quite good. You can definitely taste both the chocolate and banana. I think I may enjoy just the straight Wownana a little more than this, but this is a great alternative to have around. Good vapor, mild throat hit.

The Wow Peppermint and the Razzwow are probably my favorites out of this batch, but I do enjoy all the others as well. May need more time on a couple of them (specifically the Cherry Cordial and the ChocoBanana) to know if I want to buy more. As for the Cafe Mocha, I almost feel like I won't know exactly how much I like it until I've had some time to experiment mixing with other flavors.

Overall though, GREAT STUFF v4l.

Last edited:

bpaulette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2010
midwest
I've actually ordered 2 shorties so far. I LOVE my shorty automatic. Indifferent about my shorty manual.

The smaller size of the shorty is especially nice because I'm becoming more and more fond of puffing away on the automatic (gripped between my teeth, hands-free, when desired).

People talk about having more control over the vapor with the manual, and although I'd agree with that to a point, you can also achieve the same control with puffing techniques on an auto. It feels more organic to me. And if you like to leave it hanging out of the corner of your mouth, you want it to weigh as little as possible... making the shorty the best option.

The shorties do do have a noticeably shorter capacity, which is kind of a drag, but for hands-free smoking, the lower charge capacity is an acceptable trade-off. The thing I like LEAST about my shorty auto, is that many cartridges have an exceptionally hard draw on it. Some draw just fine, but on some, its like trying to take that first sip from a freshly-poured milkshake which needs to melt a bit before its actually drinkable. These same cartridges often draw just fine on my manual or my PT.

When using the manuals, regardless of battery size, I tend to hold it like a microphone, with my thumb on the button, in which case, the whole thing is hidden in your hand anyway, so the length of the thing doesn't really come into play at all (so it might as well be longer, and hold more charge).

SO to make a long story short (too late. i know.), for my future purchases, I will probably be buying manuals only in Regular or XL, and automatics only in Short.

leeshor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Norcross, GA
Hey Mr. Actor Man,

When I went to HS I worked part time in a pro shop at a country club. I was responsible for getting things started early in the AM on the weekends. That included cleaning the big drip coffee maker from the previous day. I used to get 2 cups of the leftovers before cleaning. I still drink full strength coffee with chicory. I too like some flavored creamer with it.

Just a suggestion, LorAnn makes some heavy duty coffee flavoring you might consider along with some vanilla E-Juice, (goes with anything).

bpaulette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2010
midwest
I sure do love when new flavors arrive.

As always, all flavors are 18mg, vaped for the first time on a PT to avoid a possibly low battery having any effect on first impressions...

Wow Beer -
I had my doubts, but I've gotta hand it to ya - it really does have a beer flavor. Definitely a lighter beer flavor, which doesn't veer into the amber range at all (unlike the older "Lager" flavor, which I'd received as a freebie in another order, which really tasted a bit more like something between a wheat and an amber, with a strange flavor tossed in that didn't really fit - wasn't crazy about that one). The more puffs I take, the more I dig it. Great vapor production - nice thick plumes. The surprising part of this one though, is that I perceive no throat hit at all - none in the slightest. Inhaling is almost totally imperceptible. Now, this can be a good or bad thing - for people who don't like a strong throat hit, this could be a new favorite for you. Even for me, I'll definitely keep this one in mind especially for times where my throat isn't in the mood for a hit. The flavor is so nice though, that I do find myself wishing it had a bit more of a punch to the throat. Suggestion: Add a touch of skunk, get a bit more of a throat-punch kick in it, and call it Eurobrew (I do love a Heine/Warsteiner/Peroni... oof, I'd order that by the gallon! :D)

Wow Tequila -
Continuing down my candylane of day-drinking, I'll move to the Wow Tequila. Now, straight tequila is my third-most consumed alcoholic beverage, behind beer and whiskey. (and no, I don't do limes or salt or any of that crap - not sure why on earth anyone would - its one of the best flavors of any hard liquor available IMHO) Once again, V4L definitely did a very good job at replicating the flavor. Hints of citrus beneath the requisite alcoholic bite of the cactus. Very nice. It reminds me quite a bit of some of the off-brands I've had on occasion - like the odd tiny airplane-sized bottles you sometimes end up with in your cabinet with a brand name you've never heard of, consumed only after your favorite brand is gone. I usually drink Cuervo Gold - its not as rich as Cuervo - this might be closer to a Sauza. Not sure. Something in it is a tiny bit off, but perhaps thats just my hind brain saying "where the hell is the booze, boss?" Very nice vapor production of course - thick plumes - and unlike the Beer, this has a nice throat hit. Loving it. Might become one of my new favorites, I don't know.

Wow Sour Cherry -
Very strong cherry candy flavor on this one. My first thought was cherry cough medicine, but a few puffs into it, and the flavor mellows a touch into less of a medicine, and more like the inside of a cherry mash, without the chocolate coating (a Cherry Mash, for those of you beyond the reaches of their distribution network, is an old-school regional candy produced in St. Joseph, MO... famous around here since early 1900's, but may not be familiar to all). I don't really get any "sour" - although in all fairness, I'm not even sure how one would achieve a sour flavor in a vapor (most of what we're "tasting" is actually being smelled, and the "sour" sensation, if I'm not mistaken is something specific to a certain area of taste buds on the tongue). If an old-school cherry candy is your bag, you're gonna love this one. The strength of the flavor really reminds me of my first impressions of Razzwow - I'm hoping that this one holds onto its strength a little better than the Razz, which I've lately felt like gets way too weak, way too fast. Great vapor production. Decent throat hit (the TH started out very strong, but has mellowed into what I'd call a medium, around 10 puffs in)

Wow Caramel Apple -
Oof. This is just yummy. Hold on. ... Mmmhmm. Tasty. Great mix of a nice crisp apple flavor with sweet caramel coming up from beneath. The apple is slightly the more dominant flavor, which I think is accurate to a real caramel apple, but the caramel still shines through nicely in the finish/aftertaste especially. This one could turn into a regular vape for me - not sure, as with all of them, I'll need more time to know, but overall that's a very nice vape. Good vapor, decent throat hit.

Free bonus carts (all premium, not wow version):
Smilin Special Menthol -
I'm not a menthol fan. That said, I've tried all of the menthols sent to me in the past as well, and there's something about this one that I like better than the others. Not a clue what it is, but there's something in there thats a nice addition.

Cowboy -
Very interesting. Remember when you were an analog smoker, right before you light up, in that occasional moment of relishing the fact that you're about to smoke a fresh cancerstick, you might run the barrel of the cig under your nose, to take in the sweet smell of unlit tobacco...(I can't be the only one who did that)... Thats what I'm reminded of here. I don't hate it. Not sure if I love it, but... interesting. Unlit, sweet tobacco.

Strawberry -
This is a nice standard flavor. Not crazy about it, but I don't dislike it - theres something a little "fake" in the flavor... not even quite the same "fake" as when someone is referring to a "candy version", but more like ... Idunno - almost like a strawberry perfume or bodywash, or that strawberry body spray that seems to be given to all exotic dancers along with their employee handbook when they're hired ... not that I've ever actually been to that sort of establishment, or have any idea what they smell like... but ... uh (clears throat) I'm getting off topic... It's certainly better than a lot of the freebies I've received. Not sure if I'd order more, but not bad.

All just my uber-humble opinions

Last edited:

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
The reviews were great! Butterscotch seems to be a big fav around here, but I don't care for the BUTTER part of it. No big deal, more for you guys. However I adore Chocolate banana. Smooth and sweet. I was surprised you didn't like it more, but then i vape 11mg...a bit more mellow.
You were right on peppermint, not a menthol at all! Perfect for in between other vapes to clear the pallette. It's also the perfect vape for when you are around non-smokers..they always say "is that peppermint gum?"

keep reviewing..I am enjoying this!

sooperdrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Maine
:D Don't know how valuable these are - everyone's tastes are SOOOO different. But I always enjoy hearing other people's takes on flavors, so I figure why not (but also figured I'd try to minimize pollution and keep all my ramblings to one thread!) haha

i also enjoy hearing other peoples thoughts on liquids! you do a great job of putting it into words! keep it up. :)

Gravity

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Sandusky, Ohio, United States
Wow Caramel Apple -
Oof. This is just yummy. Hold on. ... Mmmhmm. Tasty. Great mix of a nice crisp apple flavor with sweet caramel coming up from beneath. The apple is slightly the more dominant flavor, which I think is accurate to a real caramel apple, but the caramel still shines through nicely in the finish/aftertaste especially. This one could turn into a regular vape for me - not sure, as with all of them, I'll need more time to know, but overall that's a very nice vape. Good vapor, decent throat hit.

Thanks so much for your review on this... it helped me decide to throw a 5-pack of these cartos into our last order. They came today right before I left for work, and I happily puffed on it all night until I felt it going somewhat dry. :evil::vapor:

Great flavor, and your review is spot on. The apple in this is a lot closer to the red delicious apple I'm looking for. Every apple I seem to order from anywhere ends up being a sour green apple. :closedeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread