New batteries, mod, or both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
At 120w on the Alien the cdr of 20 amp batteries is exceeded though (about 23 amps per battery, assuming a 90% mod efficiency). The Alien has a lower cutoff than most other mods.

Thanks! That is what I had read in one of your other posts (I think) that got me looking into other mod/battery options. Did give your post a like in spite of it's discouraging message. :)

And since I have your ear, wondering on your opinion on increase, if any of risk as the batteries drain? Is it any safer on full batteries then half drained batteries? Just "fewer sharks in the water" so to speak?

Reactions: KenD

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Thanks! That is what I had read in one of your other posts (I think) that got me looking into other mod/battery options. Did give your post a like in spite of it's discouraging message. :)

And since I have your ear, wondering on your opinion on increase, if any of risk as the batteries drain? Is it any safer on full batteries then half drained batteries? Just "fewer sharks in the water" so to speak?
I'm in no way an expert on batteries so better confirm this with Mooch, but in my understanding fully charged batteries are safer at a higher wattage. The amp draw is lower as the voltage doesn't need to be boosted as much.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I'm in no way an expert on batteries so better confirm this with Mooch, but in my understanding fully charged batteries are safer at a higher wattage. The amp draw is lower as the voltage doesn't need to be boosted as much.

Thanks! Thought I had read that or similar at some point. But WILL NOT rely on that practice as I've been known to overlook the current charge on a battery. Matter of fact, just now I took a hit and noticed I need to change this one out. :shock:

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Gawd you guys have a way of making me feel old & crusty.

But, I'm vaping away @ 2.05 amps, and loven every minute of it. ;)
I need to try that again soon, at least go above 1.5Ω. I wanna mix up some higher nic liquid and whip out my old Innokin SVD :)

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Gawd you guys have a way of making me feel old & crusty.

But, I'm vaping away @ 2.05 amps, and loven every minute of it. ;)

If memory serves from reading here for quite a while, you are not a spring chicken....not gonna even guess on the "crusty" part. :unsure: :D "Loven every minute of it" is all that matters!

After all those years smoking the same Marlboro, over and over and over, I find it quite exhilarating not only changing flavors multiple times a day, but changing up gear for whatever works best for each of those flavors. From 25 watts to 130 watts, 0.15Ω to 0.5Ω, from unflavored to tobacco to fruit to dessert....I'm having a friggin blast! I'm trying everything at the vaping smorgasbord where there is something for everybody! :w00t:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread