Status
Not open for further replies.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Hi @kernow24 and welcome to ECF and HotRod's juice Calculator thread!
7060.gif

You offer some interesting observations that I don't recall being mentioned in the previous 158 pages (getting tougher to do every day). A "snapshot" history of recipes made could have its uses; if for nothing else, purging unused recipes, let alone frequency of repetitive mixes (to plan future purchases).

Tracking finished mixes goes beyond the scope of any calculator that I have seen (to date anyway) and I don't know how realistic that would be. As that would require constant manual updating, and I don't see most being willing, or interested enough, to make the effort to consistently, and accurately, keep it up to date. I do personally attach a fresh "note" in the individual recipe file's Notes section each time I mix it but I don't know of any way to compile, or view, multiple recipe notes at one time.

I suppose, depending on the label stock you use, you could either savage old labels from empty bottles, or print duplicate labels at the time of mix, and create a "log" of mixes made.

As for exporting: you can always export individual recipes (as opposed to the entire database) at any time. You can find this under Tools>Export to Excel> and the either Using Excel (or) Using Open XML>Current recipe (vs. All recipes). Then, based on you external spreadsheet's layout, you can add additional fields to track dates, number of times mixed, and even frequency.

As for batch numbers: using the File>Print Labels Advanced...>Manage Labels>Literal, you can choose any one of 5 separate lines and print whatever info you want.

Also, just as an FYI (because I know you are a new member to ECF, and I don't know how much of this thread you have read or previously followed), I will mention that @HotRod19579 (our Benefactor, and creator/programmer of Juice Calculator, and host of this thread) had hand surgery at the beginning of the year and has been on sabbatical since then. So, all answers, including mine, are from fellow users such as yourself. We are doing our best to answer questions, and keep this thread alive, but we do not have access (and in my case; the knowledge;)) to make programming changes. So please, by all means, participate in this thread, but you may want to keep a running list of questions, suggestions, and requests, that the rest of us are unable to fulfill, for when HotRod returns.

Again, I am glad you have chosen to become part of the ECF community, and I look forward to seeing you in the threads. :D:toast:

skineedog

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2015
I am glad you found your own answer, as I do not use the "Print Label" feature. Thank you for sharing your results.

Well, I got tired of using Scotch tape. I picked up a Dymo thermal printer for $45 and 2000 labels for $18. I'm having a slight issue with label alignment when printing through JuiceCalculator but nothing major. Definitely looks a lot better than tape...

skineedog

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2015
If you post your printer model number, and label brand and part/model number; maybe someone else, who is using (or at least familiar with) those, can share their settings.

BTW: I was unable to open your image:[/QUOTE]

It's a Dymo LabelWriter 450 Turbo. I'm using Dymo 30336 labels. For the most part, the labels print fine. The print tends to be more towards the top of the label rather than centered. I've tinkered with the settings a bit but, its not bad enough to spend too much time on it. Not to mention wasted labels....

Apparently I didn't realize the image album was set to private. Should be viewable now.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
For the most part, the labels print fine. The print tends to be more towards the top of the label rather than centered. I've tinkered with the settings a bit but, its not bad enough to spend too much time on it.
I'll say it is "not bad." Looks pretty darn good to me!:D I can barely notice the difference i top and bottom margin... and that is only after you pointed it out.:rolleyes:
Apparently I didn't realize the image album was set to private. Should be viewable now.
Yep; all good now.:)

RamboUnchained

Jun 12, 2017
Unfortunately there are no android or apple apps for this calculator. There is however a work around if you have a dropbox, one drive, or google drive account. You can load the portable version on one of these accounts and run it from your android, apple smart phone.

I can't get this to work for the life of me. I've tried Dropbox and Google Drive, but calculator won't open on my tablet, because it's still .exe.

RamboUnchained

Jun 12, 2017
If I understand you, you have followed the instructions and installed the portable version on Dropbox and Google Drive. How did you try to run the file?

I installed and copied over everything in the portable folder to Dropbox. Neither of those methods worked. When I go to Dropbox on my tablet, I still have to run the .exe. Maybe I skipped a step. Are there step by step instructions anywhere?

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Juice Calculator>Help>Display Help>Contents>Misc Actions>Portable Installation (the very last line item). Here's the text:
Portable installations will allow you to run the application from a folder of your choice. This will allow you to create a portable installation on something such as a network drive or a folder that you want to move around with you on something such as a USB stick.

If you are running the JuiceCalculator from an installation that was created by the "Setup.exe" program, most of your user preferences are stored in a Windows directory referred to as the "AppData" folder. These preferences are not easily available to you to move to other PC's. When a portable installation is created and you run the JuiceCalculator from the portable folder, all of the user preferences will be stored in the portable folder allowing for the preferences to be used and shared by multiple PCs.

WARNING: You juice data (ingredients and recipes) are NOT automatically stored in the portable folder. You control where the juice data is stored by using the File->Open, File->Save As options. You may want to consider storing your juice data file into the portable directory.

One additional note: As new versions of the JuiceCalculator are released you will need to install the "Setup.exe" application and rerun the option (described below) to create your portable folder.

Creating a portable folder

Launch the JuiceCalculator program and select the "File->Portable installation->Create/Update portable folder".

Navigate to the directory (or create a new directory) to create the portable installation into.

All of the files needed to run the application will be copied into the designated folder.

A sub folder will be created by the name ".\Data". This folder will hold of the files used to store your preferences.

Restoring settings from a portable folder

After using the portable installation and changing some of your settings you may wish to copy the settings back to your original installation or you may be maintaining two or more portable installations and you want to transfer the settings from one of the installations to another.

To restore your settings run the JuiceCalculator program from the installation that you want to update and select the "File->Portable installation->Restore settings from portable folder".

Navigate to the portable folder that you want to recover the settings from.

All of your settings will be updated.

Updating a portable installation to a new version of the calculator.

1. Run the updated installations Setup.exe file.
  2. You should then restore your settings from the portable installation (referenced above "Restoring settings from a portable folder").
  3. Update the portable folder using "File->Portable installation->Create/Update portable folder" and select the folder that your portable version is installed in.
  4. Your portable folder will now include the updated version of the program.

RamboUnchained

Jun 12, 2017
Juice Calculator>Help>Display Help>Contents>Misc Actions>Portable Installation (the very last line item). Here's the text:
Portable installations will allow you to run the application from a folder of your choice. This will allow you to create a portable installation on something such as a network drive or a folder that you want to move around with you on something such as a USB stick.

If you are running the JuiceCalculator from an installation that was created by the "Setup.exe" program, most of your user preferences are stored in a Windows directory referred to as the "AppData" folder. These preferences are not easily available to you to move to other PC's. When a portable installation is created and you run the JuiceCalculator from the portable folder, all of the user preferences will be stored in the portable folder allowing for the preferences to be used and shared by multiple PCs.

WARNING: You juice data (ingredients and recipes) are NOT automatically stored in the portable folder. You control where the juice data is stored by using the File->Open, File->Save As options. You may want to consider storing your juice data file into the portable directory.

One additional note: As new versions of the JuiceCalculator are released you will need to install the "Setup.exe" application and rerun the option (described below) to create your portable folder.

Creating a portable folder

Launch the JuiceCalculator program and select the "File->Portable installation->Create/Update portable folder".

Navigate to the directory (or create a new directory) to create the portable installation into.

All of the files needed to run the application will be copied into the designated folder.

A sub folder will be created by the name ".\Data". This folder will hold of the files used to store your preferences.

Restoring settings from a portable folder

After using the portable installation and changing some of your settings you may wish to copy the settings back to your original installation or you may be maintaining two or more portable installations and you want to transfer the settings from one of the installations to another.

To restore your settings run the JuiceCalculator program from the installation that you want to update and select the "File->Portable installation->Restore settings from portable folder".

Navigate to the portable folder that you want to recover the settings from.

All of your settings will be updated.

Updating a portable installation to a new version of the calculator.

1. Run the updated installations Setup.exe file.
  2. You should then restore your settings from the portable installation (referenced above "Restoring settings from a portable folder").
  3. Update the portable folder using "File->Portable installation->Create/Update portable folder" and select the folder that your portable version is installed in.
  4. Your portable folder will now include the updated version of the program.

Followed instructions. The folder was created within the Dropbox desktop app and synced fine. Went to my tablet and I'm getting the same error. "Please download an app that can open this file."

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Followed instructions. The folder was created within the Dropbox desktop app and synced fine. Went to my tablet and I'm getting the same error. "Please download an app that can open this file."
I think you still have to be running a version of "Windows" for it to work, ie a windows tablet. It will Not work on an Android tablet.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
That's what I ultimately figured was the issue since .exe is a Windows format. I had a little hope when I saw the words "workaround for Android" in an earlier post.
Maybe @Ed Sause will have some additional thoughts; I am no help as I do not use the portable version.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Not sure what I was doing right before this as it came up unexpectedly while I was doing something else so I guess this is just an FYI for when/if @HotRod19579 returns:

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'RecipeEntryCombobox'.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.CreateHandle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Handle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.GetSafeHandle(IWin32Window window)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolTip.Hide(IWin32Window win)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolTip.HideAllToolTips()
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnDeactivate(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.set_Active(Boolean value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmActivate(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2098.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
EJuiceCalculator
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.8
    Win32 Version: 8.0.0.8
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/EJuiceCalculator/EJuiceCalculator.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2094.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2093.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2046.0 built by: NET47REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
CoreRecords
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/EJuiceCalculator/CoreRecords.DLL
System.Deployment
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
CustomReportGenerator
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/EJuiceCalculator/CustomReportGenerator.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Reactions: IDJoel

Stephen37

Moved On
Jul 4, 2017
Australia
  • Deleted by retired1

skineedog

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2015
I don't think JC is costing recipes correctly. Math's never been my strongest point so, feel free to point out errors in my train of thoughts...

My observations are that JC will use the cost per ml of the last entry of an ingredient rather than an average of the entries. So, if you purchased an ingredient twice at the cost of $0.05 per ml the first time and $0.10 per ml the second, the new cost per ml should be $0.075 per ml which is an average of the two. JC uses the last entry which in this example is $0.10 and I'm certain this is wrong.

There is a workaround that is a huge PAIN but, it may not matter enough for most people. I spent several hours going through my inventory and entering 100 new flavors last night when I realized what was happening. Being OCD, I spent another hour (maybe two) correcting JC by exporting the inventory to excel and changing the cost per ml to be an average and then importing back into JC. I was fortunate that I always enter my flavor purchases into a separate spreadsheet before I enter into JC. Had I not had that record, I would not have been able to make this correction.

I hope Rod makes it back. I'm a little concerned that we may have been abandoned.... I certainly hope not....

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Not sure what I was doing right before this as it came up unexpectedly while I was doing something else so I guess this is just an FYI for when/if @HotRod19579 returns:

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'RecipeEntryCombobox'.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.CreateHandle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Handle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.GetSafeHandle(IWin32Window window)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolTip.Hide(IWin32Window win)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolTip.HideAllToolTips()
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnDeactivate(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.set_Active(Boolean value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmActivate(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
EJuiceCalculator
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/EJuiceCalculator/EJuiceCalculator.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2094.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2093.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CoreRecords
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/EJuiceCalculator/CoreRecords.DLL
System.Deployment
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
CustomReportGenerator
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/EJuiceCalculator/CustomReportGenerator.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Bummer. Are you noticing any continued problems @Fozzy71? Or, was this just a one-off issue? I haven't noticed anything like that during my use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread