New Calculator to try

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellejewell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2015
Fl.
Thank you for adding the categories! I played around with it a bit and I think I am gonna love it :) Now just to figure out how I am going to organize the recipes. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this for us. I really love this program. I just dont know what I would do without it.

Reactions: capthook

Rip Rap

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
I have a question in regards to the Nicotine side of the calculator. The default # for the Drops/ml is one. How many drops are actually in a 120ml of 60mg/ml bottle of nicotine. Does the option actually need to be changed accordingly or left at 1?
BTW.. This Calculator is amazing. You have done an absolutely great job. Best one i have seen to date!:thumbs:

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
Depends on what you are using for a dropper. No one dropper delivers the exact same size drop as another (even in the same batch). You would need to decide what dropper you will be using only for your nic and count how many it takes to reach 1ml. I don't measure by drops so I leave mine at the default.

Tepid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
Somewhere
Also keep in mind that it depends on the viscosity of your liquid.
This can change the number of drops as well.
It's rarely a good idea to do full measurements by drops alone.

Adding drops of flavor here an there is fine.

But measuring out NIC for a 30ml bottle (or any size for that matter) by using drops, is never ever recommended.
And never ever let anyone tell you differently.

I have started measuring by weight.
Just measure out 1ml of NIC base, weight it and go from there.
it's far more accurate than even using measuring flasks, cups, syringes, etc.

jpasint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Coconut Creek, Florida
I have a question in regards to the Nicotine side of the calculator. The default # for the Drops/ml is one. How many drops are actually in a 120ml of 60mg/ml bottle of nicotine. Does the option actually need to be changed accordingly or left at 1?
BTW.. This Calculator is amazing. You have done an absolutely great job. Best one i have seen to date!:thumbs:
If you're interested in finding out how many drops are in 1ml then this thread below should help clear it up. :)

Using drops alone to measure/mix, not very accurate. | E-Cigarette Forum

@HotRod19579 This version 6 is great. I have added 5 categories and it now finding any recipe is childsplay. The inventories levels and red font for recipes that lack ingredients is probably the most used feature for me. I have read the help file and played around alot but I think I must be missing something on the shopping list feature. For me I enter recipes I find on the net and add flavors as necessary. The red font shows me I need flavors to mix a recipe. The inventory level or warnings or errors tells me what I need for a particular recipe. What I'm missing is a way from the recipe to add those ingredients to the shopping list. In the shopping list the quantity appears to be bottles rather than ml's which would allow a purchased button to add the ingredients to inventory when received and remove from shopping list. I love this program as is but if you get bored....

Reactions: Azyre
I would much rather add my bottles in the Ingredients dialog. I sometimes add a completely new flavor and buy additional flavoring when it is on sale. Those would not appear on the shopping list.
Ok How about an option when right clicking a flavor in the main recipe window to add it to shopping list if not exists.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Did the feature to be able to print multiple recipes' labels (have the advanced print label window be added to for different recipes) get implemented yet? Absolutely the best calculator out there!
Yes, you can select multiple recipes to be printed when printing labels.

Reactions: penguiness

nmsmith89

Verified Member
Dec 23, 2014
Wisconsin
Hey Hot Rod I've had a few problems, some of them big. The version I had was about a few weeks old. Here they are...

1) I have my flavors in two categories, "flavors" and "additives". When I am on a recipe and click "add flavor" and hit the up key or scroll to go to a different category the program crashes. I've had it happen a few times using the mouse cursor to do it but not 100% like with the other ways.

2) For the longest time I only had 1 VG entry but recently added another one. My first entry ran out of inventory so I started switching recipes to the newer item. It would switch in the GUI but it wouldn't delete the old entry from the XML file so there would be 2 different VGs in the recipe and the older one would be hidden but would still affect the recipe calculations which throws everything off. The only way to fix it was to go into the XML file and delete all the hidden entries. I thought about doing a find and replace ingredient but that doesn't work with VG. Essentially this bug ruins the whole juice file unless you edit the XML manually. I hope this makes sense because it's kind of complicated. I'm a programmer too so luckily I knew how to fix it. I can give you more details if you need them.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
@HotRod19579 This version 6 is great. I have added 5 categories and it now finding any recipe is childsplay. The inventories levels and red font for recipes that lack ingredients is probably the most used feature for me. I have read the help file and played around alot but I think I must be missing something on the shopping list feature. For me I enter recipes I find on the net and add flavors as necessary. The red font shows me I need flavors to mix a recipe. The inventory level or warnings or errors tells me what I need for a particular recipe. What I'm missing is a way from the recipe to add those ingredients to the shopping list. In the shopping list the quantity appears to be bottles rather than ml's which would allow a purchased button to add the ingredients to inventory when received and remove from shopping list. I love this program as is but if you get bored....
I have added a new button on the recipe window labeled "Add to shopping list". When clicked a window will be displayed that will show all ingredients in the recipe. You can check all ingredients that you want to add to your shopping list. All ingredients that are under their inventory threshold will be automatically checked when the window is opened. Also, if there is not enough of an ingredient in inventory for the recipe, it will automatically be checked.

When I add ingredients to the shopping list I use the number of ML's specified in the "Cost" area of the ingredient for the quantity.

I will post an updated version of the calculator within the next couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread