New Calculator to try

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapLama

Aug 15, 2014
Montreal
I haven't heard of anyone having issues running the app in Win 10, I am also using win 10. Are you getting any kind of exception message when it closes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope except from the standard Windows message, then Windows looks for a solution but does not come back to me. I just uninstalled and it still does. It does this when I add ingredient during recipe build up. I now save after each ingredients.... Tried running as admin, same result

28if

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
Outskirts of Detroit Rock City
I have added the location field to the ingredient editor and also increased the width of the ingredient name field on the ingredients window. They will be in the next version. I'm going to have to give more thought to adding the location field to the ingredient name displays.

You don't know how happy you made this OCD person!!!

Thank you for the great software and your commitment to the DIY community.

28if

jayv

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2013
nj usa
Dont ask me why but I just noticed this feature in the calculator. I thought I knew this by heart lol.

Edit>Create Flavor Base from Recpie.

@HotRod19579 Can you tell me what its doing as far as the math goes? Is it just taking the percentages and changing it to ml? All I can say is wow. This calculator is the BOMB! I prob spend 3-4 hours a day on it

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Dont ask me why but I just noticed this feature in the calculator. I thought I knew this by heart lol.

Edit>Create Flavor Base from Recpie.

@HotRod19579 Can you tell me what its doing as far as the math goes? Is it just taking the percentages and changing it to ml? All I can say is wow. This calculator is the BOMB! I prob spend 3-4 hours a day on it
The intent behind creating a flavor base is to take the ingredients of a recipe that you frequently make and
1) Create a recipe that will consist of only the ingredients in a recipe and
2) Create an ingredient entry that you will use in future recipes representing the mix of ingredients

For instance you have a recipe (Recipe1) that you frequently mix and it has 5 ingredients that you add, each at 5%. When you select the recipe and do the "Edit->Create flavor base...", a window will open showing you the 5 ingredients, each at 20% in this example.
You can then click the "Save as new recipe". This is a recipe that will allow you to pre-mix the five ingredients.
You can also click the "Save ingredient". This will add a new ingredient to your inventory and its purpose is to represent the ingredients that you pre-mixed.
You might want to give the recipe a name of "Flavor base recipe #1" and give the ingredient a name of "Flavor base ingredient #1".
Now you could go back to Recipe1 (the recipe that you started with) and delete the five ingredients from the recipe and add the new ingredient that you created.

The math involved is to proportion the ingredient percentages so that they total 100% allowing you to build a recipe consisting of only the ingredients.

I hope this makes since.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Version 7.0.1.8 is available. This version includes 2 changes related to the advanced label designer:

1. Updated the advanced label designer to allow the PG/VG and nicotine levels to be printed on different lines of the label.
2. Updated the advanced label designer adding a checkbox to allow the font to be adjusted to auto-fit the text on the line. If unchecked the text will be truncated if the text is to large to fit on the line with the selected font. When checked the font size will be reduced until the width of the text will fit in the area that is available on the label.

jayv

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2013
nj usa
The intent behind creating a flavor base is to take the ingredients of a recipe that you frequently make and
1) Create a recipe that will consist of only the ingredients in a recipe and
2) Create an ingredient entry that you will use in future recipes representing the mix of ingredients

For instance you have a recipe (Recipe1) that you frequently mix and it has 5 ingredients that you add, each at 5%. When you select the recipe and do the "Edit->Create flavor base...", a window will open showing you the 5 ingredients, each at 20% in this example.
You can then click the "Save as new recipe". This is a recipe that will allow you to pre-mix the five ingredients.
You can also click the "Save ingredient". This will add a new ingredient to your inventory and its purpose is to represent the ingredients that you pre-mixed.
You might want to give the recipe a name of "Flavor base recipe #1" and give the ingredient a name of "Flavor base ingredient #1".
Now you could go back to Recipe1 (the recipe that you started with) and delete the five ingredients from the recipe and add the new ingredient that you created.

The math involved is to proportion the ingredient percentages so that they total 100% allowing you to build a recipe consisting of only the ingredients.

I hope this makes since.
Very Cool. Just tested.

Scouser

ECF Veteran
  • Aug 11, 2016
    Liverpool, UK
    Hi Rod, thanks for the update. Eternally grateful. Do you ever sleep?

I am still having trouble with the shopping list feature but maybe I am not using it correctly.
    I have some Flavour ingredients defined in my inventory but with 0 (zero) Inventory amount since I have not ordered them yet. As a result a recipe that uses such a flavour ingredient flags up a warning "Not enough in inventory for recipe". This is correct. So, I then click "Add to shopping list" and check the item, click "Add". See pic.

screenshot_600.jpg

But when I go to View->Shopping list, it isn't there as expected.

screenshot_599.jpg

Incidentally, since the update, this (above pic) bunch of flavour ingredients has turned up in my shopping list. I am not sure how they got there. I can only assume that previously I had been adding stuff to the shopping list but they didn't show up but they do now with your update. However, note the cost/total field is 0.00 but the cost field is defined for these ingredients so should they be 0.00.? The vendor field is correct (empty) since I have not inputed this information yet for these ingredients.

Finally one last question, is it possible to turn off the "Below Inventory Threshold" warning at start up. My list is so long it it 3 x the height of my monitor (on the Mac). This means the X close button is not visible and makes it difficult to close the message window.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    Is there a way to sync ingredients with that recipe site I can't name so I don't have to manually add them to both my flavor stash there and ingredients in the calculator?
    I don't think you ever answered this. I assume this is not possible but wanted to be sure before my next big flavoring order.

Scouser

ECF Veteran
  • Aug 11, 2016
    Liverpool, UK
    I run it in compatibility mode Win7 and opened all the folders of flavors and seems to do the trick. Will keep ya posted
    Interesting. I am running the application under Wine on a Mac with WinXP and .NET 4.0. Do you have the right version of .NET installed as I could not get it to work with .NET 4.5? Incidentally, what "folders of flavors" are you talking about. I don't see such folders in my configuration.

jpasint

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2014
    Coconut Creek, Florida
    Let me know how it works, the difficult part is defining the paper definition, layout of the paper. Also, you should only use the "Print label Advanced". I am considering removing the "Print label" feature. It is my first attempt at printing labels and there is a lot that it can't do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rod,
    The label printing works great. This is an example printed by my Brother label printer. I had tested this feature previously but didn’t have much luck. Below is my label.

This is an awesome feature (for us with dedicated/continuous feed label makers) since we do not have to print labels outside of juice Calculator and can print right as we print the recipe in prep for the mix.

I did not see a location to set a default label printer but maybe I missed it?
    If you could squeeze this in for a future build, it would be great to be able to set a default label printer within juice Calculator’s options.

As always, thanks again for your great work in helping to keep us all off of cigarettes. Juice Calculator makes mixing a pleasure and keeps everything organized and tidy.

Juice Calculator Rocks!

JC%20Label.jpg

Last edited:

VapLama

Aug 15, 2014
    Montreal
    Interesting. I am running the application under Wine on a Mac with WinXP and .NET 4.0. Do you have the right version of .NET installed as I could not get it to work with .NET 4.5? Incidentally, what "folders of flavors" are you talking about. I don't see such folders in my configuration.
    I classified my flavors in a few folders, Sweets, creams fruits, additives, florals and so on so the "add ingredient"drop down list was shorter but its not necessary. Acxtually I think I prefer one big list, its easier to work with. As for .NET version I think its 4.6, Win10 is up to date

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2011
    Round Rock, Texas
    Rod,
    The label printing works great. This is an example printed by my Brother label printer. I had tested this feature previously but didn’t have much luck. Below is my label.

This is an awesome feature (for us with dedicated/continuous feed label makers) since we do not have to print labels outside of Juice Calculator and can print right as we print the recipe in prep for the mix.

I did not see a location to set a default label printer but maybe I missed it?
    If you could squeeze this in for a future build, it would be great to be able to set a default label printer within Juice Calculator’s options.

As always, thanks again for your great work in helping to keep us all off of cigarettes. Juice Calculator makes mixing a pleasure and keeps everything organized and tidy.

Juice Calculator Rocks!

JC%20Label.jpg
    Adding the default printer for labels is a great idea. I find it to be a pain to have to select my label printer every time I go to print a label since its not my default printer.

Since you got it working with your printer/label paper would you send me the "Paper type" definition that you are using with the formal name of the labels that you are using. I would like to add it to the calculator as a pre-defined label type. It can be troublesome to figure out all of the paper definitions for a label.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2011
    Round Rock, Texas
    I run it in compatibility mode Win7 and opened all the folders of flavors and seems to do the trick. Will keep ya posted
    This is a strange problem. I am running on Win-10 64-bit and do not have compatibility mode set and I have no issues. Maybe it has something to do with the .NET framework version. The calculator is built using the 4.0 framework. I haven't upgraded to the later versions because there were still some users running XP which only supports up to 4.0. My machine(s) have went thru many upgrades and as a result I have all of the frameworks installed. Even though they are supposed to be backwards compatible I am wondering if that might be the problem you are seeing.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2011
    Round Rock, Texas
    Another one.
    Filter by recipe by "Available inventory", the last recipe (which there is enough ingredients) is missing from the list in "Recipes".
    Sorry to bother you with all these bugs but thought it will help. Still love your software.....and its about time I sent some cash ;)
    You have reported a lot of items, none of which I can make happen nor have I heard of others having the issue.

There are a couple of things I would like to point out that may have created some of the scenarios you described.
    1. The shopping list is maintained separately from the juice file. When an item is added to the shopping list a copy of the ingredient values are placed in the shopping list. If you then update the ingredient, the shopping list item will not reflect the change you made to the ingredient. This might explain manufacturer names, cost, ingredient names, etc...

2. If you are using multiple juice files and adding to the shopping list, this could also trigger differences when comparing shopping items to the active/opened juice file.

3. When you look at the ingredient inventory display, it is showing you the ingredient information that is currently defined in the juice file. The shopping list is reflecting what the ingredient looked like at the time it was added to the shopping list.

Is it possible that updates were made after the items were added to the shopping list?

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2011
    Round Rock, Texas
    Another one.
    Filter by recipe by "Available inventory", the last recipe (which there is enough ingredients) is missing from the list in "Recipes".
    Sorry to bother you with all these bugs but thought it will help. Still love your software.....and its about time I sent some cash ;)
    Would you email me a copy of your juice file and let me know which recipe is not showing. I would like to investigate and see what might be causing this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread