New Calculator to try

Status
Not open for further replies.

krykiett

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Michigan, U.S
Thanks, HotRod for the awesome calculator, I swear by it.

I'm attempting to better stream line my personal process and I was curious if there is a way that I can create a PG/VG base as an option instead of each one separately?

Say, I want to mix my PG/VG at a 30/70, then use that as the PG and VG option, then add in my flavors.

Is this possible? Thanks :)

Reactions: Elmasryahmed

Tutor

Feb 19, 2011
Misery (Missouri)
Hi HotRod :)
not sure if its mentioned, but add to shopping list don't seem to work
I just attempted to use the "Add to shopping list" menu bar option at the top of the recipe window also, the ingredients for the current displayed recipe appears with check boxes, and as WarA stated, attempting to use it, does not seem to be working (not adding the selected ingredient(s) to the shopping list).
Right clicking on an ingredient from the main recipe window and selecting to add the ingredient to the shopping list does still work correctly.

Reactions: WarA

Diyguy

May 30, 2015
Thanks for the labels improvements.

1. I noticed that the "Last Mixed Date" prints today's date instead of the last mix date. Verified with several recipes that had a last mixed date.

2. I use Brother labels too, similar to the other user who commented above prior to your adding the new features, but I use the 3/4 inch width labels. Can you add a label for Brother TZe-241 labels? 0.7" wide. I tried adding this label myself, but had problems, which may not be the fault of the program, rather trying to get the printer to work correctly in Parallels on my Mac.

Thanks for a great program.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Version 7.0.1.7 is available. Changes include:

2. Add the ability to define hotkeys in most of the windows. Go to "Tools->Hot key options".
Any chance you can add 'Save' to the hotkey options list? I really want to be able to do Ctrl+S (like I do in almost every other Windows program I use) when I make changes to ingredients/recipes. I just got done adding 20+ flavors and it was really annoying to have to keep grabbing my mouse to click the save button for every change/addition.

Edit: An option in the hotkey list for 'Add Ingredient' button would be nice as well.

Last edited:

k2zs

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2014
Rochester, NY
Hey HotRod!

First off, I want to say Thank You for the thousands upon thousands of hours of your free time that you have dedicated to this fantastic app. In the last almost 3 years, you have created something and given it away for free to the entire community. Sometimes people forget that you are just 1 person and not some software conglomerate in Silicone Valley. It's a shame that sometimes people will refer to "feature request" as an "annoyance". When I was developing, those requests always fell to the bottom of the list.

So please, accept my thanks as a totally satisfied user of your app and take some time off on me...

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I work for a software company doing tech support so perhaps I am a bit desensitized to that but I certainly didn't mean any offense by using that term. I do love the software very much and will be making a donation next month when my finances are back under control from all this stocking up on stuff for my vape stash.

Reactions: k2zs

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Thanks, HotRod for the awesome calculator, I swear by it.

I'm attempting to better stream line my personal process and I was curious if there is a way that I can create a PG/VG base as an option instead of each one separately?

Say, I want to mix my PG/VG at a 30/70, then use that as the PG and VG option, then add in my flavors.

Is this possible? Thanks :)
If you mean that you would like to have a PG/VG ingredient which is 30/70 then no, currently the calculator only allows for separate PG and VG entries, each set to 100%.
If you mean that you would like all new recipes to start with a PG/VG value of 30/70 then yes. In Tools->Options, Recipe defaults, you can setup you default percentages.

Reactions: krykiett

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Hi HotRod :)
not sure if its mentioned, but add to shopping list don't seem to work
Yes, I have a fix for this ready to go in the next version. It doesn't work when you click the "Add to shopping list" button and then select the ingredients from the current recipe. I plan to have a new version with the fix soon.

Reactions: WarA

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas

1. I noticed that the "Last Mixed Date" prints today's date instead of the last mix date. Verified with several recipes that had a last mixed date.

2. I use Brother labels too, similar to the other user who commented above prior to your adding the new features, but I use the 3/4 inch width labels. Can you add a label for Brother TZe-241 labels? 0.7" wide. I tried adding this label myself, but had problems, which may not be the fault of the program, rather trying to get the printer to work correctly in Parallels on my Mac.

I found the issue with the Last Mixed Date and it will be resolved in the next version.

I don't have the Brother printer to test with so let me do some research and I will take a WAG at creating the definition and PM it to you. If it works, I will then add it to the standard labels.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Any chance you can add 'Save' to the hotkey options list? I really want to be able to do Ctrl+S (like I do in almost every other Windows program I use) when I make changes to ingredients/recipes. I just got done adding 20+ flavors and it was really annoying to have to keep grabbing my mouse to click the save button for every change/addition.

Edit: An option in the hotkey list for 'Add Ingredient' button would be nice as well.
Here is how you can do it.
1. Tools->Hotkey options.
2. Select Window=Recipe Window, Function=Save, Special key=Ctrl, Key value=S, click "Add hot key".
3. Select Window=Ingredient window, Function=Save ingredient, Special key=Ctrl, Key value = S, Click "Add hot key".

Reactions: Fozzy71

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
One more minor annoyance that I think I saw someone else mention: When adding flavors to a recipe or looking for them in the manage ingredients window: If I type in 'Cinnamon Danish' it would be nice if it would suggest the 'DX Cinnamon Danish' that I have in my inventory.
Unfortunately it is Windows that is filtering the list as you type and it only filters by finding items that start with (rather than contains) the characters that you type. Let me do some investigating and see if I can override Windows.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
I work for a software company doing tech support so perhaps I am a bit desensitized to that but I certainly didn't mean any offense by using that term. I do love the software very much and will be making a donation next month when my finances are back under control from all this stocking up on stuff for my vape stash.
I don't take offense and thanks k2zs for your input. I make best attempt to keep up with requests/problems but sometimes it does get overwhelming.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Here is how you can do it.
1. Tools->Hotkey options.
2. Select Window=Recipe Window, Function=Save, Special key=Ctrl, Key value=S, click "Add hot key".
3. Select Window=Ingredient window, Function=Save ingredient, Special key=Ctrl, Key value = S, Click "Add hot key".
oh wow, I should have read it more closely and dug deeper into that define hot keys menu. My bad. Incredible amount of options. tyvm

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
One more minor annoyance that I think I saw someone else mention: When adding flavors to a recipe or looking for them in the manage ingredients window: If I type in 'Cinnamon Danish' it would be nice if it would suggest the 'DX Cinnamon Danish' that I have in my inventory.
Hey Fozzy,
My workaround for this has been to rename my DX's from DX "name" to "name" DX. So your DX Cinnamon Danish would become Cinnamon Danish DX. For me, this places the ingredient right beneath the non DX listing. Easy-peasy!

jambi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2014
SoCal
Easy way around that. Enter the names of your flavors with primary (keyword) first. Example:
Ripe Strawberry TFA
Shisha Strawberry INW
Sweet Strawberry CAP
Enter the names like this:
Strawberry Ripe TFA
Strawberry Shisha INW
Strawberry Sweet CAP

Now all your strawberries will pop up together, and you don't have to try and remember the exact name of the flavor you want. And always put the "DX/V2" last. "Banana Cream DX"

Edit...duh, what IDJoel said!

Last edited:

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas

It appears that you do not accept PM messages. A question about the Brother TZE-241 labels, it appears that the label roll is one continuous sheet and there is no limit to the width of the label that you can print. The only limitation is the height which is approximately 3/4 of an inch (18mm). Is that correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread