Not open for further replies.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
hard return?
Sorry, guess I'm showing my age, using the "Enter" key to start a new line. :)
I can't make this happen.
Me either. I checked all my recipe notes with a link and none of them behave the way @Fozzy71 demonstrates in the video.
Here is a short video
Nice demo/explanation! (How did you record your screen activity?) What happens when you click on the open area (area with no text; but getting the hand/pointing finger?)? Does it open the previous link? Just curious.

Reactions: SLM

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Sorry, guess I'm showing my age, using the "Enter" key to start a new line. :)

Me either. I checked all my recipe notes with a link and none of them behave the way @Fozzy71 demonstrates in the video.

Nice demo/explanation! (How did you record your screen activity?) What happens when you click on the open area (area with no text; but getting the hand/pointing finger?)? Does it open the previous link? Just curious.
I used Snagit to record the video. It is not free but I use it often for the work I do. Actually just had to upgrade to v13 because I was having issues with video recording in v11. Great for marking up images too.

If I click in the lower right section of the notes field when the hand icon is showing the cursor ends up in the upper left corner of the notes field then I can use arrow keys right/down to get into the hard returns area to type notes.

Reactions: IDJoel

VapnJunkie

Sep 26, 2016
Feature request:

1. Ability to print all recipes in library (just the name of the recipe)
2. Ability to keep a running log of "Last made on" dates....it would be nice to see when I first made a recipe and how many times I have made it.
3. Ability to set Nicotine preset in the "Presets" dialog box to.5 increments. I make my juice with 1.5mg of nicotine but the preset only uses whole numbers.
4. Ability to lock the ingredient percentages like we can lock the ingredients. Also it would be nice if there were lock/unlock buttons on the recipe page itself...so we could lock/unlock without having to go into the "option" dialog box

Edit: Figured out how to lock/unlock from the recipe page...thats exactly what I was looking for...Hot Rod you are the best!

Last edited:

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Feature request:

1. Ability to print all recipes in library (just the name of the recipe)
2. Ability to keep a running log of "Last made on" dates....it would be nice to see when I first made a recipe and how many times I have made it.
3. Ability to set Nicotine preset in the "Presets" dialog box to.5 increments. I make my juice with 1.5mg of nicotine but the preset only uses whole numbers.
4. Ability to lock the ingredient percentages like we can lock the ingredients. Also it would be nice if there were lock/unlock buttons on the recipe page itself...so we could lock/unlock without having to go into the "option" dialog box

Edit: Figured out how to lock/unlock from the recipe page...thats exactly what I was looking for...Hot Rod you are the best!
Item #1 - I am trying to figure out the best way to tackle a way to allow you to generate your own custom reports.
Item #2 - Have you looked at "View->History". Whenever you click the "Make recipe" and then save the recipe an entry is added to the history.
Item #3 - Change was made.
Item #4 - You found the solution for that.

Also in the next version will be the ability to right-click and select Find/Replace ingredient. Requested by @dugga.

VapnJunkie

Sep 26, 2016
Item #1 - I am trying to figure out the best way to tackle a way to allow you to generate your own custom reports.
Item #2 - Have you looked at "View->History". Whenever you click the "Make recipe" and then save the recipe an entry is added to the history.
Item #3 - Change was made.
Item #4 - You found the solution for that.

Also in the next version will be the ability to right-click and select Find/Replace ingredient. Requested by @dugga.
Thanks HotRod...I am running the latest version and I am not able to set the Nic preset in .5 increments.
I found how to lock/unlock ingredients....Is there a way to lock "ingredient percentages"?

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Thanks HotRod...I am running the latest version and I am not able to set the Nic preset in .5 increments.
I found how to lock/unlock ingredients....Is there a way to lock "ingredient percentages"?

I just made the change for the preset and it will be available in the next version I make available.

You found a bug that I created in the last version, ingredient percentages being changed when locked. Fixed in the next version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: IDJoel

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Is it possible to show GRAMS at only hundreds .00 instead of default thousandths .000
Is there a preset to change somewhere, I just would be easier to read, and .000 isn't necessary.
This was discussed last month :). HotRod did that deliberately, and I think the user community was largely in favor, to allow the user to decide when to round up/round down; instead of the software choosing for us.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Version 8.0.0.4 is available for download. Changes include:
  1. An exception was being thrown when going into Tools->Options. The exception was being thrown when the calculator was asking Windows about all installed printers. I don’t know the circumstances of Windows throwing the exception but I made an update to catch and ignore the error.

2. Added the ability to right-click an ingredient in a recipe and select “Find/Replace ingredient”.

3. Allow the Tools->Options, Preset values to be set to 2 decimal places.

4. Fixed a bug with the auto increment change from 8.0.0.3. The values were being incremented when the ingredient was locked.

5. Added the ability to generate custom reports (text files) for ingredients and recipes included in your juice file. Select “Tools->Build/Generate custom reports”.
Custom reports:
Please consider this feature a beta feature and I would welcome both positive and negative feedback on how it can be made better and easier to use. I get a lot of requests to generate printouts in various formats and it would be very time consuming for me to create all requested reports. I created this feature to provide you with the ability to define your own reports.

To help you get started you will notice two sample reports when you open the window. One to generate information about your recipes and another to generate information about your ingredients. You will also notice a “How to” button; when clicked it will open a document explaining how to use the new feature.

Unlike Word and Excel documents, creating reports as a text file has a lot of limits in the formatting but I wanted to provide the ability to all users who may not have other 3rd party applications available. Although the file is a basic text file, the file is tab delimited giving you the ability to import the data into an application such as Excel.

You will also notice export and import buttons on the window. I added these so that I (and others) can generate reports and make those reports available to other users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread