New Calculator to try

Status
Not open for further replies.

engmia

Apr 29, 2016
:toast::banana:
I have tried several times to install, but "WINE" does not like it. My OS is Ubuntu. I was wondering if you could recompile in a .DEB format, please. I would love to try this calculator out.
:banana::toast:
As @Ed Sause mentioned, that was me. You are probably experiencing issue due to either missing Microsoft .NET Framerwork, installation of said framework in WINE or using a 64 bit WINE prefix (you need to use 32 bit one for the .NET Framework to install in WINE). With the exception of a few minor bugs that consist of having to double click status menu buttons and sometimes wrong price calculations the calculator is working flawlessly under WINE.

Here are the instructions, paste this in Terminal (replace 'dnf install' with the install command for your distro):

1. su
2. dnf install wine
3. dnf install winetricks
4. exit
5. WINEARCH=win32 winecfg
7. winetricks dotnet 46
8. wine /home/user/Downloads/Setup.exe //input the actual directory of the Setup file
9. exit

Reactions: fratervapor

jpasint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Coconut Creek, Florida
Merry Christmas @HotRod19579. PayPal Transaction ID **J*05**PL9*544*S

Just a small token of appreciation for all that you have done and continue to do for us DIY'ers.
You're a blessing to our community and I hope you never leave brother.
I wish you and yours a healthy and prosperous new year.

Please, if you use juice Calculator, if you can, send a small token of your appreciation to @HotRod19579 for all of his hard work and dedication to our cause of remaining ex-smokers and saving us tons of money by fanatically(well, some of us are fanatics) mixing our own ejuice. It is the best time of the year for giving back a little, even just a bit, if you can.
I know @HotRod19579 gives to our community out of his kindness and we have never seen him ask for anything from us. All the more reason to show our appreciation IMHO.
juice Calculator has "Make a donation via PayPal" link right from within the Help menu at the top of the program.

Thanks again, Rod, for all of the hard work you put into Juice Calculator and for putting up with some of us, too.

PS.
I am not affiliated in any manner with Rod other than being a grateful user of his great, free program, Juice Calculator.

Last edited:

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Merry Christmas @HotRod19579. PayPal Transaction ID 3FJ50505PL925441S

Just a small token of appreciation for all that you have done and continue to do for us DIY'ers.
You're a blessing to our community and I hope you never leave brother.
I wish you and yours a healthy and prosperous new year.

Please, if you use Juice Calculator, if you can, send a small token of your appreciation to @HotRod19579 for all of his hard work and dedication to our cause of remaining ex-smokers and saving us tons of money by fanatically(well, some of us are fanatics) mixing our own ejuice. It is the best time of the year for giving back a little, even just a bit, if you can.
I know @HotRod19579 gives to our community out of his kindness and we have never seen him ask for anything from us. All the more reason to show our appreciation IMHO.
Juice Calculator has "Make a donation via PayPal" link right from within the Help menu at the top of the program.

Thanks again, Rod, for all of the hard work you put into Juice Calculator and for putting up with some of us, too.

PS.
I am not affiliated in any manner with Rod other than being a grateful user of his great, free program, Juice Calculator.
Good Idea, Donation Sent. Merry Christmas @HotRod19579

T.A.

Dec 21, 2016
Whitehall, PA
upload_2016-12-25_10-47-3.png

this is a flavor I put together the other day. It is a little twist on a old dark chocolate and hazelnut candy. If any one tries it please let me know how you like it.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Version 8.0.0.5 is available for download. Changes include:

1. Added a calculator for determining how much nicotine to stockpile and/or determine how long your nicotine will last. Tools->How much nicotine do I need.

2. Added a 2nd Manufacturer name column and folder name column. These columns are read-only and replicate the values that are showing in the original column which is a dropdown list. These columns were added to enable the ability to sort the grid by manufacturer or folder.

3. Added the ability to search all ingredients for a value in the "Edit->Ingredient editor" window.

4. Added a checkbox on the "Search for Recipes" window indicating that only recipes with enough inventory should be displayed in the results.

5. Added a checkbox on the "Search for Recipes" window indicating that only ingredients that are in inventory should be listed in the search box.

6. Window placement and sizes were not being remembered after installation of new versions. Fixed.

7. When creating a flavor base, Edit->Create flavor base from recipe, when both a flavor base recipe and a flavor base ingredient is created you will be prompted to see if you want to associate the recipe with the ingredient. When an ingredient and recipe are associated, the ingredients inventory will be increased whenever the inventory for the recipe is adjusted. Also, when the base recipe is displayed on the main window and the mouse is placed over the recipe name, the associated base ingredient name will be displayed as a tooltip.

8. Added the post made by IDJoel as a help file available on the "Create flavor base window". Click the "Show instructional notes" button.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts

1. Added a calculator for determining how much nicotine to stockpile and/or determine how long your nicotine will last. Tools->How much nicotine do I need.

I like the idea, but don't know what the fields want.
MG level of juice?
MG Level of nicotine?
So, I put my 60ml per week in, but no idea what to put for those fields.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
I like the idea, but don't know what the fields want.
MG level of juice?
MG Level of nicotine?
So, I put my 60ml per week in, but no idea what to put for those fields.
ML's of juice vaped - The total ML's of the juice that you vape (per week or month).
MG level of juice - The nicotine level of the juice that you vape.
MG level of nicotine - The mg/ml of the nicotine ingredient that you use to create your juice. Such as 100mg nicotine.

Help me out, what should the labels be to help make it more intuitive?

Reactions: VapnJunkie

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
6. Window placement and sizes were not being remembered after installation of new versions. Fixed.

Just an FYI the size of my main window and Y value were remembered but it put the calculator on my Monitor #1 which I have set to the right side, instead of monitor 2 on the left where it was before I updated.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Just an FYI the size of my main window and Y value were remembered but it put the calculator on my Monitor #1 which I have set to the right side, instead of monitor 2 on the left where it was before I updated.

You won't see the effects of this change (remembering size and position) until the next version is installed. The calculator was storing the values in a location that Windows reinitializes when updates are installed. This version is storing the values in a new location that won't be affected by an update install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Awesome update @HotRod19579!! :thumbs:

I really appreciate you figuring out #2, &#3. My obsessive compulsiveness thanks you!
87.gif

I am glad that you found something I said worthwhile. It pleases me (in no little way) that I might be able to contribute some little token back to a program, its developer, and its community, that has already given me so much!
20.gif

Bananas1

Jun 29, 2016
Other than recategorizing my recipes and filtering them that way, is there a way to hide specific recipes?

Ideally I'd like to be able to switch between viewing recipes that I'm developing, ones that are developed and viewing them both, but also be able to hide whole recipes that I no longer need but might want to reference in the future. Thinking about it, I could do this quite easily if I could filter by multiple categories rather than just one.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
ML's of juice vaped - The total ML's of the juice that you vape (per week or month).
MG level of juice - The nicotine level of the juice that you vape.
MG level of nicotine - The mg/ml of the nicotine ingredient that you use to create your juice. Such as 100mg nicotine.

Help me out, what should the labels be to help make it more intuitive?

Ok, makes more sense with the explanation.
MG Level of juice. I do 10% nicotine, maybe just adding a % sign there would clear it up for dense people like me.
However, since I do 10% nic, should I put 6 in there for the level or 10?
Sorry, everywhere else in the app, I deal with percentages, then in this tool actual numbers for mg. I'd rather it be the percentage as used elsewhere.
Maybe put mg/ml next to the level of nicotine if there's room.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Ok, makes more sense with the explanation.
MG Level of juice. I do 10% nicotine, maybe just adding a % sign there would clear it up for dense people like me.
However, since I do 10% nic, should I put 6 in there for the level or 10?
Sorry, everywhere else in the app, I deal with percentages, then in this tool actual numbers for mg. I'd rather it be the percentage as used elsewhere.
Maybe put mg/ml next to the level of nicotine if there's room.
There must still be some confusion. When you create your recipes you specify how many mg/ml of nicotine that you want in the recipe, not a percentage. That is the value you enter for "MG Level of Juice". Pure nicotine is 1000mg/ml, 10% nicotine would be 100mg/ml.

MG Level of juice = the level you specify in the "Recipe window" (Target Nicotine) for the nicotine level that you want your mixed juice to be. It sounds like you make your juice at 6mg/ml.

MG Level of nicotine = The value that you specify on the "Ingredients window" (Nicotine Level mg/ml) for the nicotine ingredient that you use to make your juice. This is not a percentage, it is the mg/ml value. Most people purchase their nicotine at 100mg/ml or lower. If you purchased 100mg nicotine, enter 100. If you purchased 25mg nicotine enter 25, etc...

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
There must still be some confusion.

Indeed! Thanks for virtual slap in the head.
I am now, un-confused. Sadly, I went from 10+ years of nic on hand to 6 years. But, I know it more accurately than before. And can tell that I need an additional 1.1 liters to get me to the 10 year mark.

Ed Sause

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2016
Other than recategorizing my recipes and filtering them that way, is there a way to hide specific recipes?

Ideally I'd like to be able to switch between viewing recipes that I'm developing, ones that are developed and viewing them both, but also be able...

If I understand what you are asking, would it be easier to seperate your recipes into different juice files. Then if you want to compare between the 2(+) files you could open another calc window and compare side by side. I have been doing this for nearly a year. Works great!

engmia

Apr 29, 2016

7. When creating a flavor base, Edit->Create flavor base from recipe, when both a flavor base recipe and a flavor base ingredient is created you will be prompted to see if you want to associate the recipe with the ingredient. When an ingredient and recipe are associated, the ingredients inventory will be increased whenever the inventory for the recipe is adjusted. Also, when the base recipe is displayed on the main window and the mouse is placed over the recipe name, the associated base ingredient name will be displayed as a tooltip...
Hello HotRod, thanks for the update, as usual it's really appreciated. The calculator from number one is very nifty and useful, comes just in time for preparation for my nicotine stockpiling (and I'm sure that of many others)!

Does number 7 mean that the flavours will be reduced accordingly from the inventory as well?

Also as suggestion (since the information on the website is outdated anyway), would you mind packaging the setup like this:

Screenshot from 2016-12-28 14-20-33.png

Simply the name of the package and setup file accordingly contain the current numeric version of the calculator, and the changelog text file contains 1:1 the changelog you post here on the forums.

Reactions: IDJoel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread