Status
Not open for further replies.

dmj4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
TN
IMHO, there are some juices that just taste better on Ego-T type B LR than on other PV's. I really wish the tanks would be improved. I love the shape, the ease of use and the draw. I'm not a carto fan, but I did break down and order some to try. I also ordered a new tank atty. One of my juices is so good on it, that I will put up with it running down my arm.

Tom10

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2011
Oklahoma
IMHO, there are some juices that just taste better on Ego-T type B LR than on other PV's. I really wish the tanks would be improved. I love the shape, the ease of use and the draw. I'm not a carto fan, but I did break down and order some to try. I also ordered a new tank atty. One of my juices is so good on it, that I will put up with it running down my arm.

I'm not having any problem with the Type B large tank leaking. The most I've had is some moisture around the atomizer, and I know a good part of that is condensation from breath - drawing. If you don't finish the draw after releasing the button, there is still vapor in the chamber that has to go somewhere - so it turns into condensation. I agree with you that the taste of many juices is outstanding on the Type B, and so is the amount of vapor and TH. In short, it's a great PV at a reasonable price.

Tom10

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2011
Oklahoma
Post office delivered mine today. It's the 1ml so I see now its Type A. I've run 1/2ml through it and it still tastes primer bad. Is this taste going to go away?

Yes, it will go away. If you want it to go away quicker:

1 - Blow it out real good from the end that goes closest to the battery into a paper towel or tissue. Keep doing this until no more liquid comes out.

2 - Dry burn several times for about 4 seconds each.

3 - Drop several drops of juice you're using directly onto the wick. Put the tank back in and take several draws without pushing the button.

4 - Take several normal draws, and your primer should be gone forever.

Nancyusa

Feb 6, 2011
San Francisco
The Type A's were a real pain for me. Still better than carts.

The I switched to Type B's, and then my life improved. I'm still abusing the first Type B atty, in use since 26/04..that's almost 2 months already.

You know when it's due for cleaning when:
1. It starts tasting funny
2. Starts producing less vapour
3. In some cases gives less TH than normal
4. This is less obvious. You start noticing that it runs slower through juice. My reasoning is: due to gunk on the coil, the coil has less juice flowing to it and making direct contact to it, therefore vaporises less juice.

I do take it apart to clean. My method is as follows. I have taken bits and pieces from methods already mentioned by others, and adapted them. Following are very detailed and exhaustive steps, and I find it works really well. I do this once a week. I use this method on Type A's too. My Type A that's working fabulously has survived EcoPure juice this way. I still use EcoPure on it.

1. Take out tank and blow out excess fluid from the batt end.
2. Do around 5 dry burns to avoid the wick sticking to the coil.
3. Take out needle plate
4. Do a proper dry burn till the coil starts glowing red-to-orange, blowing in the atty while and between dry burns to keep it cooler.
5. Scrape the coil using a needle, both along the oil, parallel to the coil windings, and on the sides of the coil. CAUTION: you may kill the atty this way!
6. Do some final dry burns till the coil starts to glow orange and no debris is visible to the eye. Here I notice that the wick running through the coil turns white again due to heat. This is similar to burning a wick using a gas lighter.
7. Bring some distilled water to the point just before boiling and lower the atty into the water using a teaspoon.
8. Leave the atty there, but stir with a teaspoon from time to time.
9. While the water is still hot, I use a pair of needle-nose pliers to hold the needle plate, from the flat sides, not the rounded ones, and dip it in and out of the water for a few seconds to clean it. The I put it on a lint free cloth or tissue paper to blot. I don't burn the wick using a gas lighter anymore as I found out that the wick becomes brittle and starts to fall apart. I used to find fragments sticking to the coil that way. I don't advise burning the wick.
10. After around 15 mins I take out the atty and blow out from the tank end and the batt end.
11. Pour some of the boiled water into the tank end (yes, I do use the same water) and blow while the water is still in the atty to let the water flow around the coil (water pressure adds to the cleaning, also pushing out debris). I do this 3 times.
12. Repeat step 11 but this time from the batt end. Then, a final water blow through the tank end.
13. Blow through both ends and shake atty holding it from the batt end, to get rid of excess water.
14. Wipe the batt connector using tissue paper.
15. Connect to battery and do 3 1-second dry burns just to get rid of excess water in the wick passing through the coil. I avoid getting the coil even close to dark red hot. This step is optional.
15. Put 4 or 5 drops PG along the mesh surrounding the cup. I do this to limit the atty going through the tank like there's no tomorrow, and also to avoid burnt taste (if you don't prime it properly) since water seems to evaporate quicker than pg/vg. This is part 1 of my way to priming the atty after a cleanup.
16. I put the needle plate on the tank, and align the sides of the plate to the sides of the tank, and add a drop of juice on the exposed wick. Using a needle I gently adjust the wick to that it's as straight as possible. (When you first take it out of the atty you may notice that it becomes separated in the middle because it's sitting on the coil. You don't want this when assembling back the atty because you want proper contact between the wick and the coil)
17. Using the tank, carefully push the plate in place. I have always paid attention to how the plate was positioned before disassembly. I have always assembled the same way. I think this does not really matter though. Push well the tank, and check that there's no gap between the whistle tip and the edge of the atty.
18. Part 2 of priming. Take out the tanks and add a couple of juice drops directly on the wick, in the needle.
19. Put back tank and dry vape till you feel the juice is flowing through the tank to the wick. You may hear a slight gargling, but it's not flooding. You may alternatively do this until you begin to taste the juice or feel a slightly tighter draw. Be careful on how many drops you add in part 1 and part 2, to avoid flooding.
20. VAPE ON!!

Excellent review of how to clean an ego t. I use all the steps you outlined except the scraping the coil with a needle and I sometimes burn the wick.

Seems like a lot to do, but I do several at once and it doesn't take very long.

Last edited:

count dragula

Jul 9, 2011
NoVA
After a month or so with my eGo-T (type B), a funny thing happened.

It *stopped* leaking.

I've been using the same atty, and the same three tanks in rotation, with the same plastic end caps. (And yes, I remove the caps to fill and snap them back on.)

By reports, with the "worn" parts, this should be leaking up a storm. But no.

Now I've noticed something about the way I use my PV that may provide a clue.
I keep it in my shirt pocket, most of the time.
(I've got a pocket sized folded paper towel that I keep it in, tip downward.)

This is a change from sitting it in the cup holder in the car, or on the desk in the computer room, etc.

In other words: I'm not subjecting it to a bunch of temperature changes.

So: Has anyone else noticed a correlation between leaks and temperature variations?

With all the different materials in the tank system, maybe it's just sensitive to thermal expansion differences.

I am in love with this Ego-t I got from the vaporpro.
I bought the MEGA type-b 2ml Tanks to go along with the system & am blown away.
I was using standard 510-t & even with the XL tanks the draw was still a bit too tight to fall in love with.
With this I am getting massive vapor with a very easy draw & it is so warm & tasty.

What I did right out of the box to kill the primer was to add a few drops of witch hazel then blow it through.
Then added some pure VG & blew it through.
Dry heated for a second or 2 then filled my tanks & was good to go.

I am a low nic user now down to 3mg.
I cut my favorite backwoods brew flavors 6mg in half with pure VG.
The warm smoke is awesome & I get just that tiny tickle on my throat I like
without any harshness.. & the flavor is dynamite.
This could also be because the backwoods flavors i am using are aged a bit now.

This produces enough warm vapor that I can pretty easily step it down to 0 nic now
& just maybe add flavor crystals for that mild throat hit.

Last edited:

Tom10

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2011
Oklahoma
I am in love with this Ego-t I got from the vaporpro.
I bought the MEGA type-b 2ml Tanks to go along with the system & am blown away.
I was using standard 510-t & even with the XL tanks the draw was still a bit too tight to fall in love with.
With this I am getting massive vapor with a very easy draw & it is so warm & tasty.

What I did right out of the box to kill the primer was to add a few drops of witch hazel then blow it through.
Then added some pure VG & blew it through.
Dry heated for a second or 2 then filled my tanks & was good to go.

I am a low nic user now down to 3mg.
I cut my favorite backwoods brew flavors 6mg in half with pure VG.
The warm smoke is awesome & I get just that tiny tickle on my throat I like
without any harshness.. & the flavor is dynamite.
This could also be because the backwoods flavors i am using are aged a bit now.

This produces enough warm vapor that I can pretty easily step it down to 0 nic now
& just maybe add flavor crystals for that mild throat hit.

I just heard recently about Backwoods Brew and went to take a look at their web site. If you don't mind me asking, what are your favorite flavors? I'm thinking about trying a few, and it would help if I got some really good ones. Thanks in advance. I'm still in the 18-24 mg nic level, but I am also thinking about trying to lower my nic levels. I'm sure that really good tasting juice would help. I plan to do it in stages, maybe 4 to 6 mg at a time.

I just heard recently about Backwoods Brew and went to take a look at their web site. If you don't mind me asking, what are your favorite flavors? I'm thinking about trying a few, and it would help if I got some really good ones. Thanks in advance. I'm still in the 18-24 mg nic level, but I am also thinking about trying to lower my nic levels. I'm sure that really good tasting juice would help. I plan to do it in stages, maybe 4 to 6 mg at a time.

I love the honey flue nut it is just right..
I have only tried a handful & I like them all.
I noticed that he takes risks with his flavors & so each one is distinctive.
Casablanca is that way. If I am in the mood for it I just cant get enough.
It is perfect with a cup of coffee.

Maybe ask this same question here..
Many here have tried every flavor & can give you a well rounded opinion.

Backwoods Brew

Also have a look here to see what flavors people really like.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/backwoods-brew/211157-what-bwb-juice-you-vaping-now.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/backwoods-brew/186649-what-your-favorite-bwb-flavor.html

Tom10

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2011
Oklahoma
I love the honey flue nut it is just right..
I have only tried a handful & I like them all.
I noticed that he takes risks with his flavors & so each one is distinctive.
Casablanca is that way. If I am in the mood for it I just cant get enough.
It is perfect with a cup of coffee.

Maybe ask this same question here..
Many here have tried every flavor & can give you a well rounded opinion.

Backwoods Brew

Also have a look here to see what flavors people really like.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/backwoods-brew/211157-what-bwb-juice-you-vaping-now.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/backwoods-brew/186649-what-your-favorite-bwb-flavor.html

Thanks sincerely for the information and the links to the other threads. I'll go take a look and make a list of the ones mentioned more than once. I'm not hard to please, but I'm anxious to try some really good juice. So far, I've made all my own, and I deserve a treat with some store-bought juices. Thanks again.

wizard10000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
midwestern us
Mr. Mailman just delivered the eGO-T that came on a slow boat from China :D

Actually the whole deal wasn't bad. Ordered through Vaporhawk on July 22, shipped via China Post and received it just now. I live in the midwestern US - I didn't expect to see the thing for another week.

The price was great - $38.99 with free shipping and it is a genuwyne 900mAh Joyetech kit but it's a type A kit. Came with two batteries, two attys, seven tanks, two clip-on button covers, a USB charger and a wall wart plus kind of a nicely printed instruction manual and an extremely cheesy soft plastic carrying case in kind of a cool cardboard presentation box. Also included was a nice handwritten note from the vendor ;)

I noticed that Joyetech's 900mAh battery is almost a quarter inch longer than the 900mAh battery madvapes sells, though.

After playing with it for about an hour I've gotta say that I prefer EMDCCs to a type A tank, though - but the tanks will be nice to sample flavors and I can use the dual coils for my go-to juice :)

Last edited:

Cyblood

Aug 24, 2010
Malta, EU
Thanks!

All that process takes me just around 20-25 mins. And that includes the 15mins soak!

Excellent review of how to clean an ego t. I use all the steps you outlined except the scraping the coil with a needle and I sometimes burn the wick.

Seems like a lot to do, but I do several at once and it doesn't take very long.

booboo

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
San Diego, CA
I love my Ego-T, but what's with the plastic taste? I have some clear blue tips, and the clear ones it came with, and there is this plasticcy aftertaste I do not like. Plus the thought of inhaling melted plastic does not impress me much either... Is there another tip that doesn't do this? Also, if anyone has found an automatic version of Ego T, please let me know!

whatmonkey

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2011
InACity
I love my Ego-T, but what's with the plastic taste? I have some clear blue tips, and the clear ones it came with, and there is this plasticcy aftertaste I do not like. Plus the thought of inhaling melted plastic does not impress me much either... Is there another tip that doesn't do this? Also, if anyone has found an automatic version of Ego T, please let me know!

I've just switched to the Ego-T from KR808D1-land in the past week and have noticed no plastic taste at all. In fact, I would say that my flavors are all around much cleaner than what I was getting about 60% of the time from the 808 cartos.

I wonder if one of the gurus here can suggest anything that might cause that.

The only thing I've done that deviates from an out-of-the-box experience is that I've only ever used the silicone caps from cignot -- have never vaped it with a plastic cap.

Since the cap is closer to the heat source than any other part of the tank, I wonder if that's a possible culprit.

Where I have gotten a bad taste is when I dried the wick (I think) one time due to overfilling, and a few others due to my method of drawing on it.

Regarding the overfilling, it really does seem to cause an issue. Be sure you leave about 1/4" at the top when you fill the tank or it seems to interfere with the wicking.

Based on posts here and elsewhere, when I was vaping the last of my BWB Malty I would hit the button about 1 sec before starting to drag, and at the end would continue to drag about a half second after letting go. This seemed to start the vaping process off nicely at the beginning, and help prime the wick for the next drag.

At the moment I'm breaking the rules for this setup by vaping a dark juice, and have found that if I pre-fire the atomizer I get a burned taste every time, but I am continuing to drag after letting go to help keep things flowing.

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
My eGO T with standard ohm didnt have much taste...but it never leaked or gave me any problems, just no taste. After vaping that for 2 weeks straight, I switched to LR, and that tasted burnt 100% of the time. Which took away from the great taste. Now I hear there are 510 T tanks, that are smaller and only hold .08ml of juice, I wonder how those are. The are the same size as a 510 atty, but the bridge is longer so that the juice cart can feed properly. Has anyone tried those?

I switched to Dual Coil carto's now...they hold about 30 drops, which is same as the T tank, but taste much better, and have great vapor production, and you can get the Mega size, and XL size. carto's are getting better and better. For me, it used to be atties or nothing, but now Carto's are starting to get better due to listening to their customers, and the quality of service they provide during the manufacturing process.

I will never hate my ego-T, but i will never love it either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread