Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
From ABC News:

The White House announced Friday that President Donald Trump intends to nominate Scott Gottlieb as the new commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration.

Gottlieb, a physician, previously served as deputy commissioner for medical and scientific affairs with the FDA during the administration of President George W. Bush. He is currently a partner at New Enterprise Associates specializing in health care investments and is a resident fellow at the American Enterprise Institute.

Gottlieb will require Senate confirmation before he can assume the position leading the group, which oversees the safety of food and pharmaceuticals in the U.S.

The FDA lies within the Department of Health and Human Services, which is led by another doctor, Tom Price. The agency was most recently overseen by Commissioner Robert Califf, who held the role from February 2016 until Trump's inauguration.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
From ABC News:

The White House announced Friday that President Donald Trump intends to nominate Scott Gottlieb as the new commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration.

Gottlieb, a physician, previously served as deputy commissioner for medical and scientific affairs with the FDA during the administration of President George W. Bush. He is currently a partner at New Enterprise Associates specializing in health care investments and is a resident fellow at the American Enterprise Institute.

Gottlieb will require Senate confirmation before he can assume the position leading the group, which oversees the safety of food and pharmaceuticals in the U.S.

The FDA lies within the Department of Health and Human Services, which is led by another doctor, Tom Price. The agency was most recently overseen by Commissioner Robert Califf, who held the role from February 2016 until Trump's inauguration.
He is a fellow at the Ameican Enterprise Institute which disputes the FDA's ecig rules. This is at least promising.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
He is a fellow at the Ameican Enterprise Institute which disputes the FDA's ecig rules. This is at least promising.

Thanks for your post. You're right. This is very promising! I'm listening to a panel discussion on the AEI's web site right now that took place in June, 2016, and yes, they are very much pro-vaping. The discussion is interesting. It's stuff most ECF members have heard before, but it is comforting to hear it, especially because of the probability that Scott Gottleib will be the new head of the FDA. It's possible that Gottleib would go rogue and pander to BP interests, but I am hopeful he will shed light on the truth about vaping, and drain the swamp in this regard.

What to Do: Policy Recommendations for Health Care, on E-Cigarettes and Public Health

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Thanks for your post. You're right. This is very promising! I'm listening to a panel discussion on the AEI's web site right now that took place in June, 2016, and yes, they are very much pro-vaping. The discussion is interesting. It's stuff most ECF members have heard before, but it is comforting to hear it, especially because of the probability that Scott Gottleib will be the new head of the FDA. It's possible that Gottleib would go rogue and pander to BP interests, but I am hopeful he will shed light on the truth about vaping, and drain the swamp in this regard.

What to Do: Policy Recommendations for Health Care, on E-Cigarettes and Public Health
What can he do, and then, what does he want to do? I'll be amazed if ecigs are brought up in confirmation hearings.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
What can he do, and then, what does he want to do? I'll be amazed if ecigs are brought up in confirmation hearings.

It's probably something Gottleib would prefer to avoid during his confirmation hearings, for sure, regardless of how he feels about them.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Mitch_Zeller.jpg

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
It's probably something Gottleib would prefer to avoid during his confirmation hearings, for sure, regardless of how he feels about them.

There will likely be so many questions regarding his views on approving and monitoring new drugs that no one would even bother to ask about them. And I certainly don't see him bringing it up in any prepared remarks. The goal of confirmation hearings is not to give the other side any ammunition to use against you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread