New Filling Method--The LT Tap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
Tried the Taryn spin, and it's a PITA an totally unnecessary(no offense to the creator). What we are really talking about is G force juice flow into the filler material. Well, there are positive Gs(Taryn spin) and there are negative Gs(LT Tap). When a moving objects motion is suddenly stopped, you can actually achive higher Gs(negative) than is possible from spinning. With the .... plug on, I fill up the carto from the removed mouthpiece and pull out and leave out any silicone rings in the carto(This also avoids the Condom method which I don't like), till it is what most people would think is slightly over filled. Then I put a DSE901 modified cart(2-3mm cut off the skirt w/ scissors) in the mouthpiece. Tap pretty solidly on my laptop(or something less expensive and more solid :) ) three times on the pluged end, then flip it around and tap three times on the 901 cart tip. Blow through the threaded end(until the juice "gurgle" goes away) and wipe off the cart and, now it is ready to vape. Even if it is a little overfilled it will vape fine, because the excess juice ends up in the cart. Works well every time. Only leaked once when I REALLY pushed the envelope and actually had to suck some juice out of the carto using the bottle for suction. Still vaped fine, but I took it off and blew through it again to protect my auto PT. I have done this on KR8 cartos and SmokeStik RN4081 cartos. No 510 yet, I'll have to get some Boge and try it out.

Last edited:

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
"With the .... plug on, I fill up the carto from the removed mouthpiece, till it is what most people would think is slightly over filled."

This is what I've been doing. I start with the .... plug and tall condom put onto the threaded end. It works very well just dripping in a certain number of drops until it's slightly overfilled (like about 20 drops) -- and much quicker and easier than messing around with a condom and all the cleanup afterwards -- or dripping into the little hole at the threaded end of the carto. I also drip into the SAME spot at the mouth end of the carto, holding the carto at a 45-degree angle, and don't move the carto around. Dripping this way will force the liquid to soak into the entire filler much faster.

For the next step, instead of your method (messing around with inserting a cartridge, tapping, flipping, blowing, and wiping), I just set that carto aside and continue dripping into the next carto. I'll repeat the 20-drop dripping into the next carto and then set it aside and repeat with the next carto. While I'm dripping into the next few cartos, the first few cartos will have time for the liquid to soak in. When I'm done dripping 20 drops into all the cartos, I'll grab the first carto I dripped 20 drops into, and drip 5 to 10 more drops into it (until I know there are 25 to 30 drops total, whatever it seems to need to be full). At that time, I'll put the white mouth cap back on and the mouth-end condom. Then set it aside for use in about 24 hours. Then continue to the next carto and repeat. When I'm done filling all the cartos, there is nothing to clean up, no q-tips or tissues to throw away, no hands to clean, and I've saved a bunch of time (compared to the way I used to fill cartos, which is based on some YouTube videos I watched at the beginning of my vaping experience - methods that are way too time-consuming and messy, compared to this method).

Kay, the 24hr thing you are doing is not "Aging" it. Just allowing the filler to soak up the juice. Tapping the carto on each end effectively forces juice into the filler, similar to the "Taryn Spin", just the opposite force is used, and it's easier IMHO. I use a cart because I like the flat tip, and hate the taste of metal in my mouth. You could just put the flat end cap back in, put both condoms on and then tap it, but I believe the resevoir in the cart helps somewhat.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
Yes, letting the cartos sit for 24 hours does age the juice (any extra time the juice is allowed to sit will age it, whether it's in a bottle or in a carto), plus it allows more time for the juice to soak and mix into the filler. But when I fill cartos with the method I described above, the juice DOES soak in quickly while I'm filling other cartos. There's no need to do any tapping or spinning. I tried the taryn spin a few days ago and figured out the direct dripping method works the same without all the extra hassle, mess, and time -- and the taste and THs are still much better after letting the cartos sit for 24 hours, whether using the taryn spin, the tapping method, the direct dripping method, the condom method, the threaded end method, or any other method.

The method I described above is the quickest and least messy way to fill cartos. There's no way this can be disputed. Try it and you'll see what I mean. I've tried all the refilling methods in the last month, and this is the way I'll refill cartos from now on. I had to find the quickest method to refill them, because in a few months, I won't have any time to be doing any of this.

No it does not "age" in 24hrs. Where did you get that idea from? The only thing that happens is the coil dries out more so you get more TH cuz the coil isn't flooded.

And I have been vaping for alot longer than you, don't you think I have let a carto sit filled? lol And since I like to switch flavors throughout the day, your methode won't work, because I won't know what I want later in the day.

Last edited:

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
Throat hits have no importance with the way I refill cartos. Letting the cartos sit for 24 hours does help with THs, but I've been talking about the quickest, least messiest, and best way to refill cartos. Dripping down into one spot (which helps the juice to soak in quicker) into the mouth end of a carto until it's a little overfilled and let it soak in for a few minutes, probably 5 minutes or less, and it's ready to cap and vape. That's how simple this method is. And it is the method in the first video I watched over a month ago. So, I could have saved a lot of time in the last month, if I had just refilled cartos that way from then on, instead of messing around with all these other methods that people have come up with. That's all I'm sayin... Just trying to save people lots of time and mess, with the same results when vaping.

Again, you are incorrect. The juice gets into the filler faster if you drip in more than one spot on the filler. It is simple phisics. It takes a few seconds for the filler to full absorb the juice. Therefore while you are dripping into another area of filler that has allready fully absorbed, you are letting the other area of the filler full soak up the juice. Hell I don't even bother w/ drips w/ my method. Two or three fast squirts in three different spots gets it filled in just a couple seconds. The only reason I don't recomend that is if a person is new to filling cartos, they have no idea how much juice it will take.

Your right. It is about common sence, not time vaping. However, since you have jacked my thread, I will point out how you handled new ideas just a short while ago. Maybe you forgot how confused you were, and how much myself and others helped you. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...125160-idk-get-please-help-4.html#post1950835

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
  • Deleted by Elendil
  • Reason: OT--does not contribute to subject of thread.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I've wasted a lot of time figuring out the best way to do things that are related to vaping, so I posted this method to help others save some time -- and get the same results.

And I have been "wasting time" for 6 months, as opposed to your 1 month. So you are jacking my thread to prove that you are better at this than me appearantly, which is why I have corrected you in your errors. One of which is assuming that your method(which yes others do also) is somehow the "Best" way based on the fact that you prefere not to change flavors/mixes. You assume alot, and you do it often. And that is why we get into this from time to time. If you assume most vapers prefere to only vape one flavor/mix, you are sorely mistaken. There have been several posts reguarding All Day Vape. That doesn't appeal to everyone. Sometimes I do vape the same juice all day, sometimes not. Most here have expressed similar likes.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
My method took 22 seconds to refill a carto and put the two end caps on. Again, you're confusing the 24-hour aging period with the refill method. They are two different things. I like to let them sit for 24 hours because I want the throat hits. I use this method to refill a bunch of cartos at the same time -- in the shortest amount of time. And I didn't have to tap or wipe anything. I could vape this refilled carto right now, if I wanted to.

I'm not confused at all. The taryn spin and the tap effectively get most of the excess juice off the coil and into the filler through simple physics of positive and negative Gs. It may not have TH for the first drag, but it is ready to go on the second. If you want to as you said "waste time" waiting 24 hrs so you can have "your" prdefference, then fine. This thread obviously doesn't apply to you. You came into my thread and said what I was doing didn't work, and implied that you were doing it the "right" way. There are plenty of threads explaining what your doing, you didn't need to bust into my thread which is a New methode and try to correct my "mistakes". And I guarenty you you are not getting as much juice in a carto as I am in 22 sec dripping on the same spot. Also, that doesn't saturate ALL the filler at once. Which my methode does do. And yes, the SS RN4081 cartos can be vaped so dry that they will accept 30 drops, without washing and drying. Do it the hard way if you want. Use cartos that don't work as well if you want. I don't care. But there was no reason to enforce your agenda in MY new method thread.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
No, you are incorrect. All I can say is try it to see what I mean. It takes very little time to drip in 20 drops (provided the hole in your dripper bottle has been widened with a paper clip, if the hole is small to begin with), all into one spot, and the juice quickly soaks evenly into the entire filler in a few seconds (actually, almost instantly). It's a little quicker filling the carto into one spot than moving around the filler and the filler is evenly soaked, that's all I'm sayin...

When you fill a swimming pool, do you move the hose around the pool to fill it faster?

So your suggesting that the effect of gravity on free flowing water is in anyway similar to the osmosis of juice into filler material? Umm. No. Those are two completely different aspects of physics. You must not have thought that through well enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread