New guy from Denver

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielC

Sep 28, 2012
Lakewood, CO
Hi all! I've actually been a member of this forum for a while, but I've always lurked, never posted. I guess now is as good a time as any!

I have a friend at work who used vaping to quit smoking. He's a young guy and had only been smoking for about 10 years. I convinced myself that it wouldn't be that easy for me after 30-plus years of smoking 2 packs of Winstons a day. Then my sister-in-law picked up vaping and cut way back on her smoking almost instantly. I thought I might try it mainly just to smoke fewer cigs. I literally had my last cigarette in the parking lot of VaporLeaf in Denver while waiting for them to turn on the "open" sign. I bought my first vape 147 days ago and haven't smoked since. It's been absolutely painless, and so easy that it almost feels like I'm doing it wrong. It has quite literally changed my life. Hell, at 2 packs of Winstons a day, I truly believe that vaping saved my life.

Great to be here! Look forward to making new friends!

Serendipitysrs2

Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Indiana
How lucky you are to live in Denver! Took a two-week vacation there last summer and completely fell in love! Awesome city and I have never been in the mountains before - most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Just a few more years till the kids graduate then we are moving out there!

I was so glad I vaped on that vacation! No smoking in the rental car or hotel room. Plus, this was when the all the smoking/fire bans were going on because of the wild fires and I couldn't smoke outside either! I was vaping (outside) and someone saw me and warned that I would get a ticket if the police caught me. I had to show them and explain it was an ecig not a real cig. Boy if I had still been a smoker that would have been one miserable vacation! lol

Congrats on the switch!

DanielC

Sep 28, 2012
Lakewood, CO
Hey! Congrats on the switch. I love in Denver too. Been wanting to check out vaporleaf but with their odd hours haven't been able to make it in.

VaporLeaf is a cool store. Their inventory has grown a lot since I've been going there, but I still get most of my gear from Discount Vapers. Eric is such an awesome guy, and his customer service is amazing. I give him all the business I can.

DanielC

Sep 28, 2012
Lakewood, CO
How lucky you are to live in Denver! Took a two-week vacation there last summer and completely fell in love! Awesome city and I have never been in the mountains before - most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Just a few more years till the kids graduate then we are moving out there!

I was so glad I vaped on that vacation! No smoking in the rental car or hotel room. Plus, this was when the all the smoking/fire bans were going on because of the wild fires and I couldn't smoke outside either! I was vaping (outside) and someone saw me and warned that I would get a ticket if the police caught me. I had to show them and explain it was an ecig not a real cig. Boy if I had still been a smoker that would have been one miserable vacation! lol

Congrats on the switch!

Thank you! I was born in Englewood, just south of Denver, and have lived within spitting distance of the Rockies for 45 years so far. For my Jr High and High School years, I lived in Conifer Colorado, which is actually in the mountains. It was one of the best times in my life. Great place for a little boy to grow up! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread