Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Hey guys/gals. I have been doing this for about 3 months now. Every time I google something I am led here so I just joined. I have been having a hard time with this stuff and I am about ready to quit all together. First off it cost a lot more then smoking. Not that I will ever smoke again but I think I would have been better off money wise to just buy chantix.

Now, before people start talking about how cigs cost 6-$7 a pack, your off. Thats how they get you. Sure if I paid $7 a day then id maybe save something. But then again id never pay that much. I paid $1.25 per day. No matter what brand u buy of ecig its not even close to that. I wish. Then u take into account all the problems on top of the extra money. Its just not worth it.

So joining this site is my last attempt and a way to give the ecig my best shot. Too many things are just not known at this point to drop out and place blame. Thanks.

studio52

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2011
Meridian MS
Hey guys/gals. I have been doing this for about 3 months now. Every time I google something I am led here so I just joined. I have been having a hard time with this stuff and I am about ready to quit all together. First off it cost a lot more then smoking. Not that I will ever smoke again but I think I would have been better off money wise to just buy chantix.

Now, before people start talking about how cigs cost 6-$7 a pack, your off. Thats how they get you. Sure if I paid $7 a day then id maybe save something. But then again id never pay that much. I paid $1.25 per day. No matter what brand u buy of ecig its not even close to that. I wish. Then u take into account all the problems on top of the extra money. Its just not worth it.

So joining this site is my last attempt and a way to give the ecig my best shot. Too many things are just not known at this point to drop out and place blame. Thanks.

Ok Striker911 lets get you squared away, cause you seem to have several issues, First, it would have been nice if you gave some kinda clue as to what you have bought and tried so far, and second you have some kinda problem doing addition...LOL..dont get angry...I was smoking 2 packs a day for many years, when I quit they were $55 a carton for marlboro reds, at 2 packs a day thats 3 cartons a month 3 times $55 is $165.....you can vape for 9 months for that....so if you were smoking 2 cigarettes a day you didnt have an issue with the cost, but as you can see I did have a big cash problem.

Try this...go to Hoosier E Cig Supply
Get a Kgo kit for $45, get some good ejuice about $12 and 6 1.5ohm dual coil clear cartomizers about $5.50 you will get FREE shipping over $55....this set up will give you much vaping pleasure and a very good cloud of vapor every time...cartomizers the clear ones can be taken apart and cleaned and each one will go as long as 3 weeks...sometimes they dont last that long sometimes longer....ADD it up...its very cheap...the Kgo kit will last for a couple years, juice is not very expensive...and cartomizers are very cheap at $1.79 each and last for 3 weeks...yes?...

Give this a whilr for about $62.00 and after 3 months tell me you didnt save a bunch of money...even if you only smoked a pack a day..thats $60 a month...6 months $360 vaping 6 months about $90.00.....ummmm see the savings?

Give er a whirl and dont be so pessimistic...get the right rig and then give your opinion.

Trucapri

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2011
North Carolina
It's been costing me about twice as much as smoking, but being on this forum I've learned enough to know what I was doing wrong and how to fix it. Hang in there and you'll find the right "fit" for you to stay analog free for life. Starting out is an investment, but one that will pay off in multiples as time goes on . . . that is if you don't get the hobby bug that so many do!
:laugh:

brandontrjn

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Tampa!
Hey guys/gals.

Thanks.

In 2010 the CDC listed the average price of cigarettes as $4.80 per pack. That's gone nowhere but up since then. I used to smoke a pack a day. In Ohio they cost $5.50 a pack. I vape alot more than I used to smoke and refill with juice. I go through a bottle of juice every 15 days and pay roughly $13 a bottle...doing the math, that's saving crazy $.

I lived in Florida in 2010 and in January that year was paying $2.79 per pack...by July 2010 they had added so many taxes it went to $5.00 per pack. The rising cost of tobacco products makes e-cigs an extremely affordable option no matter how much "trouble" they may be (I've had batteries break due to charging issues and have had to wait for supplies to arive in the mail, but overall have saved $). I've saved enough money to make it worthwhile and haven't had any problems in the last several months since I got the whole thing figured out.

Spartan8029

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2011
Wichita, KS
I'm sorry to hear you are having those issues Striker, I'm sure it is frustrating not having something work right. Another thing to keep in mind is that's $1.25 in poison you're buying. I've saved a ton of money already in the short time I've been vaping and the way I look at it, even IF I ended up spending a little more money than on tobacco(which I haven't) I'd rather spend a little more and live longer.:2cool:

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
It was costing me about $70 a month for cigs plus gas to drive to the reservation (1 hour each way) and it's costing me about $70+ a month on average to vape long run (7 months so far)..I expect it will get a little less expensive long run too as long as my 3 950mAh eGo battery's (cost me $10 each out of MadVapes bargain bin because of a minor blem) last me awhile and it seems they will go over a year..some of what cost more was the initial trying of things. You just have to shop around and it can be cost effective..plus how much is feeling better worth?...

Edit: BTW I'm vaping a bunch of different flavors at that cost too..I figure I'm spending around $40 or so a month on juice...

Last edited:

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Ok Striker911 lets get you squared away, cause you seem to have several issues, First, it would have been nice if you gave some kinda clue as to what you have bought and tried so far, and second you have some kinda problem doing addition...LOL..dont get angry...I was smoking 2 packs a day for many years, when I quit they were $55 a carton for marlboro reds, at 2 packs a day thats 3 cartons a month 3 times $55 is $165.....you can vape for 9 months for that....so if you were smoking 2 cigarettes a day you didnt have an issue with the cost, but as you can see I did have a big cash problem.

Try this...go to Hoosier E Cig Supply
Get a Kgo kit for $45, get some good ejuice about $12 and 6 1.5ohm dual coil clear cartomizers about $5.50 you will get FREE shipping over $55....this set up will give you much vaping pleasure and a very good cloud of vapor every time...cartomizers the clear ones can be taken apart and cleaned and each one will go as long as 3 weeks...sometimes they dont last that long sometimes longer....ADD it up...its very cheap...the Kgo kit will last for a couple years, juice is not very expensive...and cartomizers are very cheap at $1.79 each and last for 3 weeks...yes?...

Give this a whilr for about $62.00 and after 3 months tell me you didnt save a bunch of money...even if you only smoked a pack a day..thats $60 a month...6 months $360 vaping 6 months about $90.00.....ummmm see the savings?

Give er a whirl and dont be so pessimistic...get the right rig and then give your opinion.

Wow so much to catch up on. I am not set up for auto sub so I never knew anyone said anything. Not all forums are the same in that respect. Should not be too hard to figure that out. If I have trouble I will repost here on that. Thanks everyone for the reply's.

"Studio" I can see I left a lot of holes in my post and why u said what you did. Its understandable. So I will fill you in some. I bought 21st century from a gas station with no research. It worked for a while then I back slid. I later found V-2 at the smoke shop I bought my smokes from. I did research on them this time and all I seen on reviews was how great the product was and the customer service was A+. One lady even filmed her conversation with a service rep. So I bought. 10 days later is where my trouble started. From the 10-18 day mark V-2's product failed in every way they could in my eyes. 4 battery's 10 factory loaded carts in a row where not doing a thing. Then a burnt up charger that was so hot to the touch I had to use a towel to unplug it. So all that failure in 8 days. I called v-2 and did the online chat every time in the hopes that I would find someone that was all about customer service like everyone was boasting about. None. If u buy from a store u are treated like your the AID'S virus, plain and simple. Lots of ways to argue about that but here is more of what I was put threw cause they would not help. V-2 said the store where I bought from would help me. The store did not help me. They where just as bad. So I contacted V-2 again. I said "if its a rule that they have to help and they dont then what"? Nothing. I had to find another store. They just so happened to be over 2 hours round trip. Do that 3 times in 8 days and see how happy u feel. The third time was the last time and I just got my money back.

I spent $23 and bought another express 21st century kit. I have had that stuff since day one. Not only did it last more then 10 days its working great now that I finally have it all worked out with the rite juice. Today is the first day I have sat a ecig down and was happy in over a month. Grey hair has not came into sight just yet but give it a month or two and it will im sure of it. I have still kept away from the killer cigs, but at what expense?

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
It's been costing me about twice as much as smoking, but being on this forum I've learned enough to know what I was doing wrong and how to fix it. Hang in there and you'll find the right "fit" for you to stay analog free for life. Starting out is an investment, but one that will pay off in multiples as time goes on . . . that is if you don't get the hobby bug that so many do!
:laugh:

Thats so true. The hobby bug. Its taking an addiction and multiplying it. I was falling apart at the seams when I had no vapor. Its worse then smoking. I have a temper too. Not proud of that though.

I can feel when I am on the vapor that I am getting too much nic but I still do it when it should be sat down. Then I see all the mods and people reviewing on youtube. In most reviews they vape as much as I do all day in 10 minutes. I hope I can keep it simple. Maybe I should try to get off the 24mg and hit the 18 on my next bottle. I get 30ml at a time.

Trucapri

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2011
North Carolina
I'm having the same issue with not being able to set it down. I figured up my juice purchases today and discounting my hardware since I now seem to have what's right for me, I'm expecting to move forward for less than $3.00 a day. That's more than half the price of smoking for me.

I'm not worried to much about the "hobby bug". My new PV is as much as I can imagine wanting. Now I have to reduce my nic, switch up my flavors, and learn to set this thing down!!!!!!!!!!! I think my detox is almost over, so now I'll have to try a little more will power. The main problem has grown into my being on this forum waaaayyyy too much. But right now I need it. It's sort of my support group :)

Best wishes and I hope you continue to hang in there until you find your "sweet spot"!!

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
I'm having the same issue with not being able to set it down. I figured up my juice purchases today and discounting my hardware since I now seem to have what's right for me, I'm expecting to move forward for less than $3.00 a day. That's more than half the price of smoking for me.

I'm not worried to much about the "hobby bug". My new PV is as much as I can imagine wanting. Now I have to reduce my nic, switch up my flavors, and learn to set this thing down!!!!!!!!!!! I think my detox is almost over, so now I'll have to try a little more will power. The main problem has grown into my being on this forum waaaayyyy too much. But right now I need it. It's sort of my support group :)

Best wishes and I hope you continue to hang in there until you find your "sweet spot"!!

I noticed that every time I seen a video review that I vape with the reviewer. Ive shown my dad clips and he does the same thing. It does worry me also. Sort of makes me feel like a crack head sometimes. I know thats harsh but it does. I seen a flick where some kid wired a cart direct to his computer. Thats far out. That usb cable was putting the vapor out too. How much volts is a usb lol.

Trucapri

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2011
North Carolina
I know what you mean . . . even my son, when home for Christmas, commented on how much I was chain-vaping. I figure, one step at a time. I haven't gone more than a day or two without a smoke for 40 years. Now I'm about to hit 28 in a row! Cutting the nic down will be another milestone and I'm hoping that changing up the flavors will slowly get me off the cigarette-taste crutch. I'm not rushing though. Unlike crack (as witnessed - not experienced), my first cigarette didn't grab me for life. That I did slowly all on my own and I'm prepared to get off of them slowly . . . just not on my own! E-cigarettes will get me there in time.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Thats a good way to think and feel about it. I respect that. This seems nuts to admit but im a skeptic. People will do anything for a buck, and it still makes me feel like its wrong. Maybe that feeling I have will work out to my advantage. If this does have side effects I hope I can kick it before it rares its ugly face at me.

You have done a wonderful thing. 40 years is a lifetime. Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread