New guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyL1

Jan 6, 2019
South Carolina, USA
Hey from SC, quit smoking in October, after 40 years. I’m digging the vape, playing around with different devices and juices. I’ve got a lot to learn. I find it odd that the prices in the vape shops I’ve been in are astronomical higher than what I find on line. I like to support the local guys, but my god, but $$$!!

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
There are a few cautions about online buying:
1. Avoid eBay. Ecigs are all of Chinese manufacture and China has a massive counterfitting problem. eBay is the most convienient way for Chinese counterfeiters to get their stuff into america. This is particularly dangerous with batteries as counterfeit batteries are usually massively overrated and can explode.
2. Many cheap channels are China direct. There are generally safe Chinese retailers. Fasttech.com is one of the more popular ones around here. If something is labeled “authentic” there it generally is. This also means that if it is not labeled “authentic” then it isn’t. The issue with this is shipping. The chain of shippers is complex and packages can take anywhere from 10 day to 2 months to arrive.

There are many US based shops selling low priced products in a timely manner though. There is a list of them on the main page.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Hey from SC, quit smoking in October, after 40 years. I’m digging the vape, playing around with different devices and juices. I’ve got a lot to learn. I find it odd that the prices in the vape shops I’ve been in are astronomical higher than what I find on line. I like to support the local guys, but my god, but $$$!!

I stop in at the local vape shop once in a while, but I can't bring myself to pay retail+ unless I just gotta have it now. There's one decent vape shop in our city that is run by an ECF member. I stop in to check out what she has and usually buy something just so I don't wast their time with small talk and walk out empty handed.

As long as vaping is growing there will be support for local vape shops. New vapers need a place to go and learn about hardware, juice, and techniques for maintaining and rebuilding. It's hard for small shops to compete unless they have multiple stores to allow volume buying.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome! Yes, pricing can be quite different depending on location. Some of that may or may not have to do with taxation, depending on location. I buy from China some, but I do like to support US vendors when I can so I will often save them for that "must have" item. I figure (unless it becomes illegal) that buying from US anywhere is a good thing, I don't limit myself to my town (mainly because they do not stock much I like. The last time I went I asked for some MTL gear, and they dug me out a dusty original Nautilus, LOL. There was serious digging, too.)

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
The information below may help you to obtain a good foundation of vaping knowledge.
Might like to read:
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
Learn What Vaping is and How to Inhale Properly - Vaping360
https://spinfuel.com/new-vapers-start/
ECigarette Academy: Essential Need to Know for New Vapers
Beginner Archives - Guide To Vaping
Vaping 101: An Ultimate Guide Focusing on Basics for Beginners
http://ecigclopedia.com/6-quick-useful-vaping-tips-for-beginners/
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...nk-or-what-a-guide-to-juice-attachments.3230/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread