The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New HANA MODZ DNA 20

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by quynhwil, May 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Keynith

Keynith Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2011
    Atlanta
    I was just gonna ask the same!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

2. rolando_tx

rolando_tx Full Member Verified Member

Dec 7, 2013
    United States
  3. StrikeIII

StrikeIII Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2013
    Chicago
    Yes, you can unplug the battery packs from the mini. You can essentially remove the connections and solder them on to a different battery. I've read others using RC car batteries and the like but always at your own risk and you will void your warranty. Hana sells the batteries for $15.

4. StrikeIII

Dec 10, 2013
    Chicago
    Awesome! Thanks, that will look nice with my Gun Metal Mini.

5. suspectK

suspectK Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    Alabummer
    Hells yeah.. thanks strike.. good thing I saw this before I bought a wrap for a full size. :)

6. maf2k8

maf2k8 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    If you check out my YouTube video on the new v3 mini I have some internal shots with the batteries removed. You can see the batteries use some type of clips. I assume that if you wanted to you can remove the battery clips from the stock battery packs and solder them or whatever onto the new batteries.. The stock batteries on the v3 mini are small and thin.. Like sticks of gum

7. icebat

icebat Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 11, 2014
    KS
    Man, that looks so cool! Do you have any more pictures?

8. _sidekick_

_sidekick_ Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2013
    CA
    If only these weren't unobtanium right now...

9. KurrptSenate

KurrptSenate Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 9, 2013
    PA
    that's a double negative chief

10. Steakjuice

Steakjuice Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Quick question for you guys. As someone who...

1. ...will likely never get into RDAs and self-built coils
    2. ...is satisfied with the vape quality of off-the-shelf products like the Aspire Nautilus

Am I completely out of my element looking into this product and others in the same "premium" tier?

11. KurrptSenate

KurrptSenate Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 9, 2013
    PA
    I would say so, yes

it's still a good device regardless, but I don't think you would need one at all.

12. Steakjuice

Steakjuice Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    Toronto, ON Canada
    I figured as much. Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately, there aren't these sorts of B&Ms in Toronto - none that I know of, anyway. Vaping doesn't seem to have caught on here as much as it has in some areas of the States. I think a Sigelei 20W is more my speed. I like the look of tubes.

13. StrikeIII

Dec 10, 2013
    Chicago
    It is a little over kill for products like the Nautilus but the Nautilus does offer lower resistance coils and you do have the option to rebuild or have someone rebuild those coils which can make more use out of the Hana Mod. You can also rebuild other clearo heads as well. Some B&Ms offer to rebuild them. If you are looking more into the Mini version it is a little more compact and offer the convenience of micro usb charging and pass-through. Other devices that offer these features like an Evic is a little cheaper but is a bigger, or taller, device. The MVP is a lot cheaper but again is a bigger device. You can also consider getting the VaporShark DNA as well. It's very compact and cheaper the Hana.

Just want to add that if you have a good B&M in your area they can always rebuild and wick attys for you so you don't have to bother with all of it. If they do a cotton build for you then all you need to do is re-wick the cotton which is sooooo simple and cheap to do. No more buying packs of pre-made heads.

14. Kataphraktos

Kataphraktos Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 1, 2013
    New York, NY
    I don't think so. There's plenty of folks out there using tanks and attys with ready coils, and even cartos and other pre-built devices, on high end mods. In fact, since any device, pre-built or rebuildable, can short out a battery and lead to all kinds of ugly, having a well-made mod with protective features is just as important regardless of the topper.

15. suspectK

suspectK Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    Alabummer
    Why would lower resistance help with a 4volt minimum output when trying to stay in"normal" ranges? Plus, it doesn't matter what you're resistance is at if your airflow can't keep up with the heat from a device.

16. DPLongo22

DPLongo22 Open mind for a different view... Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I agree with Kata here. I have a Hana V1, along with a number of other high end variable devices, and love them all. And I use nothing but off the shelf carto-tanks and cartos. A great device is a great device, and it's noticeable when being used.

17. f1vefour

f1vefour Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2013
    Pensacola
    Well truthfully you can get almost as good a vape from a $39 MVP2 using cartos and clearomizers...you just won't look as good doing it :)

18. _sidekick_

_sidekick_ Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2013
    CA
    Without proper PWM, it won't be quite as good ;)

19. f1vefour

f1vefour Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2013
    Pensacola
    The MVP puts out a flat signal like a provari.

20. DPLongo22

DPLongo22 Open mind for a different view... Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Possibly, but I don't vape for looks, and only one device travels out with me anyway. It's none of the above and is the one device literally made for "Out-and-about".

I've heard good things about the MVP2 but my one experience with Innokin devices wasn't awesome, so I haven't yet ventured back into their world. Not saying that I won't, just that I haven't...

At $39 though, what's to lose? It probably wouldn't be a terrible idea to have a backup handy though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.