New HANA MODZ DNA 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keynith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Atlanta
Does anyone have both the Mini and Standard v3 to compare battery life? I'm really curious how the LiPo battery in the mini would compare with something like the VTC4 in the standard version.

Well the vct4 is almost double the MAH so expect about double the time, provided your using the same setup with the same wattage output. I use 2500mah efest 35a's and 2900mah pannys and I get double what I got from a 1000mah joytech.

Keynith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Atlanta
Anyone ever figured out a way to install a bigger mah battery on the mini?

You can replace it. In another thread someone said their friend used an RC car battery. If your good with soldering you can give it a shot. However you could contact Hana and see how much they charge to replace it, if you wanna stick with the 1200mah.

StrikeIII

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2013
Chicago
You can replace it. In another thread someone said their friend used an RC car battery. If your good with soldering you can give it a shot. However you could contact Hana and see how much they charge to replace it, if you wanna stick with the 1200mah.

Yeah, they sell replacement batteries for $15 and they told me early last month that they should be getting a better battery for the mini in the near future but haven't followed up on it so not sure what the status of that is.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk 4

Keynith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Atlanta
Ive was going to use a 2400 mah RC car battery, but I ran across a 3500 helicopter batt and might look into that instead. I just need to do some more research into charging, to insure I dont overheat anything.

The thing is, the bigger the battery, the more heat you can (potentially) create. (Although you can create a fire with any size battery) Most of the batteries on RC Cars/Planes/Helicopters are out in the open when they charge and operate. With the Hana it is a very closed space, so you run the potential to overheat when you are pulling a lot of energy out of it at once, eg high wattage.

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
My mini DNA v2 quit displaying atty resistance, everything else works fine...any suggestions? I have put 5 different at ys on and none read..they all read on my meter..

Instead of running the battery down until it's dead, you can remove the back plate and disconnect / reconnect the batteries. My V2 Mini was doing the same thing last week. I emailed Hana and was advised that disconnecting and reconnecting the batteries would solve this issue.

Mine would still adjust voltage to give a set wattage using different resistances but it wouldn't display the atomizer's resistance.

Inside the Hana Mini, there are two LiPo batteries with little plugs attached to the wires. Disconnect both for a few seconds and reconnect them. I'm not sure if it would harm anything, but I was careful to ensure that the male and female plugs got reattached to their respective partners.

On a side note, there is a number engraved on the inside of the removable plate of my Mini. There is no number engraved on the outside of my Mini. Is that my serial number?

rhunpenny

Verified Member
Dec 10, 2013
Omaha, NE, USA
Anyone using that 2500 efest?

I'm running one in my Hana. Haven't pushed any farther then .6ohms at 23watts but no heat problems at that setting. Battery life is what I expected. I need to run it from full to empty and see how long I get. I'll try it this weekend and see how it goes.

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
I'm running one in my Hana. Haven't pushed any farther then .6ohms at 23watts but no heat problems at that setting. Battery life is what I expected. I need to run it from full to empty and see how long I get. I'll try it this weekend and see how it goes.
Nice. That extra bit of mah could go a long way. I don't need 30 watts anyhow. Thanks for the reply.

rockstarr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2009
ohio
Instead of running the battery down until it's dead, you can remove the back plate and disconnect / reconnect the batteries. My V2 Mini was doing the same thing last week. I emailed Hana and was advised that disconnecting and reconnecting the batteries would solve this issue.

Mine would still adjust voltage to give a set wattage using different resistances but it wouldn't display the atomizer's resistance.

Inside the Hana Mini, there are two LiPo batteries with little plugs attached to the wires. Disconnect both for a few seconds and reconnect them. I'm not sure if it would harm anything, but I was careful to ensure that the male and female plugs got reattached to their respective partners.

On a side note, there is a number engraved on the inside of the removable plate of my Mini. There is no number engraved on the outside of my Mini. Is that my serial number?

Thank You! I was just going to say that completely draining it didn't work. This is my exact issue, I'll give it a go.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread