New have questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maryd

Mar 21, 2020
Hello. I just switched to vaping from smoking I've been a smoker for 30 years.. my goal is to eventually quit all together but for now I'm vaping. Of course I have concerns and I'm a little scared that maybe I'm doing more damage than good. My question is ...

I guess I had expected to Start coughing up black stufd as my lungs started cleaning themselves out..but I haven't it's been almost a week without a real cigarette and 8 don't feel any different.. am I vaping too much it's pretty much constant.. I don't need to but 8 think it helps I haven't really craved a cigarette but when I do I just vap and it's okay..

I just hope I'm doing the right thing and that my lungs will start to heal..

Has anyone else not any any signs of not healing.. am I expecting too much too soon??

Thanks in Advance.

Mary

Reactions: Javichu

Make 'N' Vape

Sep 9, 2019
Hello. I just switched to vaping from smoking I've been a smoker for 30 years.. my goal is to eventually quit all together but for now I'm vaping. Of course I have concerns and I'm a little scared that maybe I'm doing more damage than good. My question is ...

I guess I had expected to Start coughing up black stufd as my lungs started cleaning themselves out..but I haven't it's been almost a week without a real cigarette and 8 don't feel any different.. am I vaping too much it's pretty much constant.. I don't need to but 8 think it helps I haven't really craved a cigarette but when I do I just vap and it's okay..

Has anyone else not any any signs of not healing.. am I expecting too much too soon??

Thanks in Advance.

Mary

Hi, most of us get horrible coughs, and hacking up a lot of gunk after a few weeks, and for sometime after giving up. I also started to get bleeding gums for a short while, because the blood was actually get to my gums again.

While this is somewhat normal, if you become concerned please see a doctor to make sure.

Like you I vaped all the time when I first stopped, now it varies how long between. I do find however I can go longer without a vape then I ever could with a cigarette.

Importantly congrats on going without a cigarette for as long as you have and keep with it.

Reactions: Aliraonz

Maryd

Mar 21, 2020
Welcome and congrats! Be patient... it take awhile. What nicotine strength are you using? What device? Hang in there... it's not easy but you are doing great.
Thank you. I'm too to this thread thing...lol ..I'm using a device called smok.35 mg of nicotine.. I think I have nic salt is what the juice is called. I am hanging in there thanks for that.. just don't wanna do more damage than good you know... anyway thanks so much for your response..
Have a great day

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome and I was a 3 ppd smoker when I quit and coughed up almost NOTHING. I had the same experience when I was pregnant and had to well chose to quit. Barely any phlegm and no tarry black chunks.

Some folks do some folks don't. I don't believe it really matters which type you are. You are not doing more damage to your lungs by vaping. Over time they will heal. It will be 7-10 years until you are out of the woods for lung cancer however, but I say it's totally worth it so WELCOME.

Anna

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nor'Eastern PA
mjHJuAF.png

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
When in doubt, visit a doc as others have stated but don't be surprised if your body starts to ache as it fights the freed up toxins that have been accumulating in it over the course of so many years of smoking filth. Every person reacts differently to the detoxification process, and, seemingly adverse effects (usually not that severe, but still...) are a natural part of this journey so don't panic, they're only temporary side effects so give it time to restore itself back to normal, you'll notice clear signs of making progress, it can take up to a whole year of ups and downs before it finally stabilizes how it makes you feel─or maybe even longer.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain

Thanks in Advance.

Mary

Hey buddy,congrats on taking the first step towards getting healthier.
Since not one person is the same as the other when it comes to smoking habits it is hard to do a comparison of the symptoms when said person quits.

Smoker of about 1.5 or 2 packs a day for about 20 years,maybe a bit less,anyway in my case it was a lot of colds,flus and what nots.
About every 2 or 3 weeks i had to buy cough syrup because i just had all that crap in my chest from smoking and my cough sounded like a 1965 studebaker that didnt want to start hehe.

Anyway,about two weeks into vaping i could already tell,palate when it came to food was much better,i could climb stairs with less effort,etc,etc.

So buddy,trust me it is the best thing for you,stick to vaping and if you have any questions there is alot of helpful people here with the knowledge to answer your questions.

Dont ask me thou,im newish(started november 2018) and i still know squat about ohms,uhms and all the tech stuff hehe

cheers man,and keep at it.

• Disagree
Reactions: Don29palms

ByFaithAlone79

Mar 23, 2020

Thanks in Advance.

Hi Mary new here too smoked over 30 yrs pack and half daily been vaping for 2 years now and I am definitely feeling better because of it I didn't have any coughing or anything on quitting but I had to get used to hitting the stupid thing and my local vape shop hipster started me on 6mg nic and I was sucking on the thing all the time, I never tried the nic salt, I just recently heard about it, it seems like ALOT of nicotine. I had to play around with different levels and flavors, I knew I didn't want fruity or any flavored juice I wanted the feel/taste of a cig. I finally found Black note eliquid ( Kentucky flavor) and 18 mg nic and I am never buying another brand or flavor. I did try going down to the 12mg and I think it was all in my head that it wasn't enough but I do mix the 18mg and 12mg together and it's perfect that way too. I eventually want as well. I can tell you that my husband is a longer, heavier smoker than I was and he coughs so bad now, he can't hit my vape without looking like he just took a huge hit of some really strong pot. Congrats on quitting and hope you keep it up. See ya around

ByFaithAlone79

Mar 23, 2020

Thanks in Advance.

Mary
Sorry I wanted to say that I don't feel like I can run any races soon but I have noticed I do breath better especially when I first wake up and I can definitely jog around the track longer now than I ever could! Keep it up

• Love
Reactions: Opinionated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread