NEW! help please! Need tank with good mouth to lung hit ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michelle1aa

Feb 13, 2016
Nova Scotia
Hey, I stopped smoking 24 days ago and took up vaping! I'm loving it. Been learning a lot. I was given a Joytech eVic-VTC mini mod with sense Herakles duel tank. I finding it very hard to get a mouth to lung hit because of the wide tip and too much air. Is there another tank that I should buy that will give me the draw like a smoke with smaller tip? I went to every vape store around and could get no help. Thanks

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I really like ecigdotcom because they have great prices, fast shipping, and amazing customer service. I would advise you to go there and start looking around at the tanks the poster above suggested. A little chat box will pop up and a customer service rep will be available to answer any and all of your questions. They will fix you right up.

Good luck.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I finding it very hard to get a mouth to lung hit because of the wide tip and too much air. Is there another tank that I should buy that will give me the draw like a smoke with smaller tip? I went to every vape store around and could get no help. Thanks

That's strange. The vape shops should have tanks like mini Nautilus or Eleaf(s).
I would say you could go further 'back in time' to other tanks, but the coils weren't great and the power levels were not so good either.
You can close down the Nautilus tanks to 2013 levels of airflow (almost none, if needed) and MTL to your hearts content. I use them open, but all are good, really.
Curiously, despite some experimentation, I can't seem to avoid big lung draws on all the subtank range, Nano included.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hey, I stopped smoking 24 days ago and took up vaping! I'm loving it. Been learning a lot. I was given a Joytech eVic-VTC mini mod with sense Herakles duel tank. I finding it very hard to get a mouth to lung hit because of the wide tip and too much air. Is there another tank that I should buy that will give me the draw like a smoke with smaller tip? I went to every vape store around and could get no help. Thanks
I am a mouth to lung vaper and use sub ohm tanks. The Aspire Nautilus Mini (where I started) is a great tank for mouth to lung. Then I moved to Kanger Subtank Mini's. With the Subtank I swapped out the wide bore drip tip (mouthpiece) for a cheap standard 510 drip tip ($2) and cut the airflow back to the middle setting. Works great. I have also done the same with the Smok TFV 4 with the same results.

I didn't enjoy the car exhaust sized mouthpiece so swapping it out for a more narrow one, and cutting back the airflow did the trick.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I started on the aspire nautilus mini and I still recommend it. It's set up for MTL and makes good flavor. I never pushed it past 15 watts. Try to make the equipment you've got work, Can you adjust the air so the smallest hole is open just a crack? I have an rda I like but there is too much air for MTL so I covered both air holes with tape and poked a pin hole in the tape over one of the holes. It's ghetto but it works. One way or another you can reduce the air supply.

twistedwire

Multiple ID Suspension
Feb 14, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

Absolutely!

The best MTL tank that simulates a cigarette is the Nautilus Mini. Havr heard the 1.5 ohm coils in the Subtank Mini has a good vape for MTL now.

I used the Nautilus Mini in the beginning, and the Subtank Nano when I wanted more airflow.

Of the two I would recommend the Subtank mini.

Use the 1.5 coils. When you want more air use the .4 ohm coils, then if you want to or have to get into rebuilding the Subtank mini comes with with a decent RBA.

The eVic VTC MINI is a terrific mod. I have two of them.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
this may work for you $5.11 Protank-II Style Bottom Coil Clearomizer (2.5mL) - translucent / 2.5ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping. replacement coils are cheap and easy to find and mine gives me good flavor. coils are available down to 1.8 ohms. welcome to ECF

You're right about MTL but two things are going against it.

1. Only MTL.
2. Most of the coils are still wicked with silica instead of cotton.

Would recommend Subtank mini because there are different coils for a tighter or looser draw and the RBA should she get into rebuilding.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I am a mouth to lung vaper and use sub ohm tanks. The Aspire Nautilus Mini (where I started) is a great tank for mouth to lung. Then I moved to Kanger Subtank Mini's. With the Subtank I swapped out the wide bore drip tip (mouthpiece) for a cheap standard 510 drip tip ($2) and cut the airflow back to the middle setting. Works great. I have also done the same with the Smok TFV 4 with the same results.

I didn't enjoy the car exhaust sized mouthpiece so swapping it out for a more narrow one, and cutting back the airflow did the trick.

Hey Sir...

I bet you are a flavor chaser too.

I use those little 17mm annodized aluminum tips at fasttech. They are a bit over $1 at Fasttech.

I use these on my Silverplay Nano, Kayfun Monster Mini, Advken Ohmega Nano. I find them almost as comfortable as the Ming vase shaped tips but shorter so I get a little better flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread