The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

NEW! help please! Need tank with good mouth to lung hit ?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Michelle1aa, Feb 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Michelle1aa

Michelle1aa New Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Nova Scotia
    Hey, I stopped smoking 24 days ago and took up vaping! I'm loving it. Been learning a lot. I was given a Joytech eVic-VTC mini mod with sense Herakles duel tank. I finding it very hard to get a mouth to lung hit because of the wide tip and too much air. Is there another tank that I should buy that will give me the draw like a smoke with smaller tip? I went to every vape store around and could get no help. Thanks

2. Topwater Elvis

Topwater Elvis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    • Like Like x 1
  3. JustWondering1

JustWondering1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2015
    I really like ecigdotcom because they have great prices, fast shipping, and amazing customer service. I would advise you to go there and start looking around at the tanks the poster above suggested. A little chat box will pop up and a customer service rep will be available to answer any and all of your questions. They will fix you right up.

Good luck.

4. mauricem00

mauricem00 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2015
    carson city nevada
    • Like Like x 1
  5. djsvapour

djsvapour ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    That's strange. The vape shops should have tanks like mini Nautilus or Eleaf(s).
    I would say you could go further 'back in time' to other tanks, but the coils weren't great and the power levels were not so good either.
    You can close down the Nautilus tanks to 2013 levels of airflow (almost none, if needed) and MTL to your hearts content. I use them open, but all are good, really.
    Curiously, despite some experimentation, I can't seem to avoid big lung draws on all the subtank range, Nano included.

6. suprtrkr

suprtrkr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

+1 on the Nauti or the Air.

• Like Like x 1
  7. djsvapour

djsvapour ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    If things got desperate, you could try a Protank 2 (mini or normal) with something called Kanger SOCC cotton coils. On paper they are cheaper but still not as long-lasting as the BVCs and GS coils.

Kanger Single Coils SOCC Organic Cotton

8. Sir2fyablyNutz

Sir2fyablyNutz ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2015
    West Virginia, USA
    I am a mouth to lung vaper and use sub ohm tanks. The Aspire Nautilus Mini (where I started) is a great tank for mouth to lung. Then I moved to Kanger Subtank Mini's. With the Subtank I swapped out the wide bore drip tip (mouthpiece) for a cheap standard 510 drip tip ($2) and cut the airflow back to the middle setting. Works great. I have also done the same with the Smok TFV 4 with the same results.

I didn't enjoy the car exhaust sized mouthpiece so swapping it out for a more narrow one, and cutting back the airflow did the trick.

• Like Like x 2
  9. gandymarsh

gandymarsh Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2014
    WI, USA
    Another +1 on the Nautilus mini and GS Air (I would pick the GS Air M over the original GS Air). The GS Air M is much cheaper than the Nautilus.

10. sofarsogood

sofarsogood Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2014
    I started on the aspire nautilus mini and I still recommend it. It's set up for MTL and makes good flavor. I never pushed it past 15 watts. Try to make the equipment you've got work, Can you adjust the air so the smallest hole is open just a crack? I have an rda I like but there is too much air for MTL so I covered both air holes with tape and poked a pin hole in the tape over one of the holes. It's ghetto but it works. One way or another you can reduce the air supply.

11. twistedwire
    This message by twistedwire has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Feb 14, 2016, Reason: Unregistered Supplier.
    Feb 14, 2016
  12. Two_Bears

Two_Bears Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    Absolutely!

The best MTL tank that simulates a cigarette is the Nautilus Mini. Havr heard the 1.5 ohm coils in the Subtank Mini has a good vape for MTL now.

I used the Nautilus Mini in the beginning, and the Subtank Nano when I wanted more airflow.

Of the two I would recommend the Subtank mini.

Use the 1.5 coils. When you want more air use the .4 ohm coils, then if you want to or have to get into rebuilding the Subtank mini comes with with a decent RBA.

The eVic VTC MINI is a terrific mod. I have two of them.

13. Two_Bears

Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    You're right about MTL but two things are going against it.

1. Only MTL.
    2. Most of the coils are still wicked with silica instead of cotton.

Would recommend Subtank mini because there are different coils for a tighter or looser draw and the RBA should she get into rebuilding.

14. Two_Bears

Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    Hey Sir...

I bet you are a flavor chaser too.

I use those little 17mm annodized aluminum tips at fasttech. They are a bit over $1 at Fasttech.

I use these on my Silverplay Nano, Kayfun Monster Mini, Advken Ohmega Nano. I find them almost as comfortable as the Ming vase shaped tips but shorter so I get a little better flavor

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.