new here..any advice appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I'm new and just reading through some of the topics has my brain boggled.
there is so much i don't know.
i've been vaping about two months and dropped cigs the moment i purchased my ego-T. I've since only used this to vape, and I'm curious as to what else is out there.
Ive already found my go to juices at alice in vapeland, but i am open to try any highly recommended juices.
please feel free to give me some education!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I don't recommend juices to anybody as taste is very subjective, but if you like AIV juices, I suggest you visit our eliquid subforum and read some reviews and join the conversation. Plenty of helpful people who will be happy to assist you. I think you need one more post to be able to go there.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-liquid-reviews/

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
Welcome to the forum Aliecat. My advice to you is to try variable voltage next. It really is better. Also if you get tired of the vaper getting weaker as the battery drains you can fix that by getting a regulated e cig. I know how you feel being overwhelmed with all the lingo and so many parts with ohms, resistance, voltage and wattage. PG and VG. Just keep reading on this forum and don't ever be afraid to ask questions. We are all here to help and were all new once just like you. Happy vaping:)

Hello,
I'm also new but I would second Dana A's recommendation for variable voltage when you decide to try something new. After scanning the forum for a while I picked up some vision spinners as well as a couple of KR808 compatible knockoffs. You can pick up two 1300 mAh spinners for a good price and always have one to use while the other is charging.

Batteries that look like a spinner or twist but instead of a 510 connection they have an 808 connection (iGo I believe). The idea was to use it with the carts so many of us purchase with cig-a-likes before we learn about better alternatives. I had two but one has since succumbed to a drop that ruined the button, sadly one of my spinners did too.

RooRooBears

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
California
I recommend to check out Mount Baker Vapor's eJuices ! They have signatures, fruit flavors, juice flavors, sweet flavors, etc. Lots of choices!

I also recommend you to go for 50PG/50VG mix as a starting point, then change the PG/VG mix accordingly to how you prefer it. Right now, I'm loving the 50PG/50VG mix.

As for flavors to try, of course it's preference, but my all day vape is Cinnamon Roll eJuice (like Cinnabon). Hope you find something you like!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Batteries that look like a spinner or twist but instead of a 510 connection they have an 808 connection (iGo I believe). The idea was to use it with the carts so many of us purchase with cig-a-likes before we learn about better alternatives. I had two but one has since succumbed to a drop that ruined the button, sadly one of my spinners did too.

It's probably more cost efficient to get an adapter that will let you use your kr808 cartos on your Spinner. They are cheap and they work. :)

http://www.madvapes.com/510-to-901-808-d-adapter.html

I know that Volt makes a kr808 Spinner and it's fairly popular with kr808 crowd.

http://smokelessimage.com/batteries/voltspinner/volt-spinners.html

Last edited:
so i spoke with a local vape shop owner, who is supposedly the first shop to bring vaping supplies
to my area in florida, she advised me not to go with a variable voltage, because it has not yet been perfected...I'm not sure if she's misinformed or not. but its something ive been looking into. where could i find a good variable voltage? not to be snooty but she was selling those chinese liquids i hear people talking about quite often, which sort of persuaded me to believe she may not know much about variable voltage....i dont know. I buy from a local place that makes their own juices and she also advised me not to do that, because "you dont know what they are putting in their liquid, but we sell ours because the chinese gov't approves, but the FDA doesnt" lolwut? sorry soooooo much i know

TattooedSkin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
Las Vegas
Welcome to the ecf and the vape community. The best advice I could give a newbie is; don't get discouraged! Vaping at times will be frustrating and devices and tanks will not always act according to reviews or prior weeks of use. Analogs are simple; put to a flame and puff away. However, the best path isn't always the easiest. Take time to understand what you like and don't like, be a critical reader and always seek more information. The better you understand your device the less frustrated you will be, as to you already know the issue.

Wish you the best and if you ever have a question, thought or concern, simply ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread