new here/new to vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

chloe2t

Nov 13, 2012
ocala,fl
Hi everyone. I've been registered for a few days, just reading and learning.

My first attempt with e-cigs was a metro e-cig. It helped me stop smoking, but it was just about the worst choice I could have made. I joined another forum and got good advice from a moderator there.I ended up buying a vGo (which from what i understand is a clone of the eGo) I quickly decided that the clearomizer holds more and is much more convenient for me than the standard cartos. The 900 mAh batteries are more than enoughto keep me in a happy place, despitethe fact that I am literally using this thing all day every day.

I am SO loving the fact that after thousands of dollars in cigarettes and hundreds of dollars in nicotine replacements, medications,etc- I have managed to get off of the stinky, sickening cigarettes and into something SO much better.

It still blows my mind that I can have the effect and even the feel of smoking without the awful smell and effects. The fact that I can vape any taste I want (and not taste like i'm licking an ashtray)

I guess eventually I might reach my eventual goal of being nicotine-free... though I'm not in a hurry. It would be easy to taper off with the e-cig, but right now I am enjoying myself and feeling grea about my decision to switch.

I also think that the FDA needs to back off on e-cigs...I understand we don't know all the risks of them, but we KNOW the thousands of deadly chemicals in cigarettes. Think I'm good to make my own decisions on the dangers of inhaling 4-5 chemicals instead of over three thousand deadly ones.

JazzyTech

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
California
I also use a 900 mah also, but the original eGo 510 3.7V passthrough. I was fortunate enough to have parents who started vaping a few years ago. They gave me pointers as what to buy and what to avoid. I find the 510s to be an excellent way to try some good quality vaping without breaking the bank. I've been vaping for about a month so far and have been checking out the forums for a few weeks. I use the vivi nova 2.5ml tank (at home) and the vivi nova "stardust" cartos when on the go.
Thanks to ECF and the great posters I went completely nuts in DIY. Both the above-mentioned tanks can be rebuilt quite easily compared to most others. It takes some time to learn about wire gauges and wicking materials, but after that it's all quite enjoyable. I don't use silica wicks anymore since cotton candle wicks give a *much* better vape! I was a bit reluctant to make my own juice since there are many different ways/ingredients to choose from. But again, not that hard once you understand the basics (and risks if you're using nicotine).

chloe2t

Nov 13, 2012
ocala,fl
thanks for the welcome yuri, and JazzyTech, thanks so much for the advice. The learning curve is pretty steep for me right now and I am still learning terminology, etc. It will really help me to be a part of what is obviously a great group. I would definitely like to try DIY at some point. Right now I am still wrapping my brain around the fact that I can have flavors other than "ashtray" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread