New Here, Questions too

Status
Not open for further replies.

GinAndJewce

Jul 2, 2013
sf bay area
Hello fellow vaping dudes and dudettes,

Lots of good info on here so far, still very confused on a bunch of this stuff tho! About 10 days ago i bought my first ecigg (it was a white rhino, not many ppl seem familiar with it; over-priced but my battery lasts a while) and havent smoked since, pretty dope. Im using a viva nova 8-wick tank with that same battery and for the most part its been great, i just have some questions.

1)When i bought the vivi nova tank with wick replacement set the guy told me depending on how much u use it they should only last 5-10 days, true? i do use it A LOT when im at home and a little less when i drive and barely at all when i work (mayb two puffs on a 10 minute break will do).

2) Aside from the wicks being old or over-used or what have you, is there anything else in this ill ever need to replace? I just replaced my first wick and it still doesnt seem like as fresh a flavor as when i first got it out the box.

3) thirdly i just have some general confusion in regards to clearomizers vs cartomizers etc. I prefer a lot of vapor (because it feels more like a real stog) and although my 8-wick is SMOOTHER than the 4-wick i had before, it doesnt give as much vapor (because more wicks = more resistance?). Iv been in a few legit ecig stores and see the typical clearomizer (lol i think) with the white wicks in them and then iv also seen the really big tanks that have the long thin cylindrical (cartomizer i think?), which one would i be happier with? Iv read that they give dif vapor and flavor returns but if i dont care toooo much on flavor and more on vapor which is better for me?

4) i have a million more questions but id like to start with those if any of you kind hearted people would not mind helping me out; i am thoroughly enjoying this and feel much better since i quit smoking real cigarettes. the flavors are always a fun exploration (watermelon bubblegum and sour skittles are FIRE)

thanks in advance

G&J

OBDave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dood, you type like hella NoCal Frisco style and stuff!

J/K, welcome to ECF! I think what you're looking at is a top-wicking clearo and a wickless clearo (big metal tube, but everything comes in one pre-setup kit). In my experience, the wicks burn before long on the top-wicks and everything tastes like ... out of a wickless. I like bottom-wicking setups like the Evod and Protank (do a search and get your mind blown with results).

From what I'm told the BCC (bottom setup) clearos give a cooler-tasting hit, if you like your vapor hot top is the way to go. I've just found the ease of use and ability to blow massive clouds with the Evods is fine by me. Vapor, by and large, though, is set by your VG/PG mix - what the juice is made of. PG gives you more of a throat hit like a burning cig, VG makes your clouds fatter. I use a 50/50 mix when I have the choice, but most people go for 80/20 or 70/30 on the PG side.

A cartomizer is a whole different deal - that's got the atomizer (the burner) hooked up to something similar to a cotton ball inside a tube that wicks up the juice surrounded by a tank with extra juice that gets the inner stuffing wet as your vaping dries it out. I'm no pro on those, someone else will have to step in there. On second thought, what you're describing could just as well be a carto as a wickless clearo, would need to see pics to know, really.

Everything needs replaced at some point - after almost a month my original battery (Ego style, again do a search) only lasts a couple hours when it used to last 4-5, but it still puts out. With the Evod/Protank style clearos I use, the wick and atomizer are in one piece called a 'head,' supposedly these can last anywhere from weeks to months, I've only burned one out in the month I've been vaping, and even then I'm not sure if I threw something out I coulda saved.

Hope this gets you started toward some answers or sparks some more questions, there are a lot of people smarter than me sure to chime in soon...

GinAndJewce

Jul 2, 2013
sf bay area
awesome thanks for replying so quickly! n yes im from norcal so that makes sense. is kanger the brand that makes those? what is the difference between them besides like $11?

edit: ya my battery lasts about 2 days or more usually, so far so good. to note on the liquids, most of my flavors come from this shop that has inhouse liquids and most are 60/40 pg/vg and some dont have it marked at all (ill have to ask what that means in the shop) but im assuming its prob just pg then.

Last edited:

OBDave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Kanger (or Kangertech) is a brand name, yeah. They make the Evod and Protank, which are the only juice burner devices I've encountered and liked so far. The Protank has glass sides and is way bigger than an Evod - you want the glass because some flavors like citrus fruits, sodas, and others (again, I gotta tell you to do a search) will trash plastic tanks like the Evod.

Here's a pic of my setups (and the juices I share with my wife) - check out the 3 e-cigs in the 2x6 cutoff next to my case - 2 of them have plastic Evod tanks (which you can get ripoffs of for $3 or cheaper from Fasttech.com), 1 had a legit Kanger brand Protank (made of metal and glass).
vape toys 06.29.13.jpg

GinAndJewce

Jul 2, 2013
sf bay area
Ah man again thanks! ya i understand the diff now, at the shop i previously mentioned there are a bunch of flavors that you need the protank to use then n they're all the best flavors too! (ps if u have never tried mango before, do it, great by itself, and havent found much it cant mix with).

ok since it seems like i already have a evod type tank right now, it seems like my next move is upgrading to a protank. aside from the better+extra liquids and bigger tank why else is it better? just a smoother draw again? sometimes i feel like i cannot taste the flavors as much as other times (any idea?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread