Not open for further replies.

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
Welcome to ECF.

You'll probably get more suggestions that you'll know what to do with, but before they start piling it, it would help to get some specifics.

1. How much do you currently smoke, what type or brand?

2. Do you feel like you need to have something that looks like a cigarette?

3. Are you on the go a lot or do you stay close to home/work?

This can help us give you better suggestions to fit your needs.

Congrats on wanting to make the switch. I would recommend checking out The ECF Library to get some info on vaping basics and the lingo that you'll see used.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Sure, lots of suggestions here. Mostly, just get the best e-cig you can afford and don't skrimp on the supplies. Get an adequate supply of juice and don't try to use a nic level that's too low. It can be diluted, so better too high than to fail because it's too low. If you can, stay away from the e-cigs that look like analogs. Their performance is sub-par generally, and they may convince you that vaping is not going to work for you.

Then vape. Just vape and don't worry about quitting. If you keep vaping, you'll find you don't want or need an analog. I quit after 35 years of a 2-3 pack habit on the very same day I got my e-cig. I started vaping in the afternoon, realized by midnight that I hadn't smoked a cigarette and just started vaping again in the morning when I usually smoked like a chimney. If I can do that, anyone can. I didn't even think about quitting. Honestly, I didn't even expect to quit at all, and didn't particularly want to do anything but cut down. It just happened.

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
when I started vaping I still smoked too. when I wanted a cig I would vape for a while. then if I still wanted the cig I had it, guilt free. for the morning cig (the hardest for me) I made myself wait 10 min, then had a cig, next day waited 20 min, etc. in about a week my first cig was at 1 in the afternoon. after about 3-4 weeks I was down to 2 cigs a day...I started at 2+ packs a day.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
Get a Mod, some 510 attys, Low resistance if vaping at 3.7 volts. Direct drip on the atomizer with some 100% VG 36mg nicotine e-liquid. and you will be good to go...Satisfaction garanteed................ has worked for me.......2+ years of vaping and loving it....... Welcome to the world of vaping...Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread