Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiley

Jul 16, 2015
Boston

Kiley

Jul 16, 2015
Boston
Yes battery life is huge I wanna do my homework before I invest obviously but once I get a longer lasting one and have my evod for a back up im kicking butts completely. I like vaping way more anyways. Its just a transition but im grateful because I never thought I could quit smoking cigarettes and now I feel I can with vaping. I know its still nicotine but its a lot heathier and cheaper than smoking!:banana:lol

madangus

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2015
Chicago-land
I haven't used the subox, though this morning as i fired my subtank for the first time and got that huge loud pop... Sigh lol

The provari mods from provape.com are the best feeling quality wise i have seen out there, feels like a very high end piece of gear. My sigeleis feel fairly solid and the ipv and sx mini i have tried holding in the store felt solid too... The provari still takes the cake for me in that respect though.

One thing too, my wife was really put off by the noise of the subtank and found it a bit much, in terms of the hit too, the aspire nautilus was a better fit. I am actually considering making that my travel setup, since as much as i like the subtank... That popping, jeez! The more recently made coils might also solve that, kanger might have had a bad run. The nautilus does give a very satisfying flavour too, just not as "big" of a hit as the subtank or atlantis.

A provari would be 100 to 220 depending on the model, you can get the 18650 extension cap for any of them. With the 2.5 or classic, the nautilus would be good. The subtank mini / aspire atlantis and other sub ohm tanks would need the provari 3.

If you want to spend a bit less now there have been a bunch of good suggestions already. Here is a solid feeling dual 18650 mod that could go with a high resistance coil like in the nautilus or a sub ohm coil in the atlantis...
Sigelei 150W Watt Box Mod - Black, Blue, Red and Silver

If you order pairs of batteries from illumn.com they will give you a case with each, just keep your charged spares in a plastic/tupperware box... They can do bad things if kept in a pocket/purse and contact other metal bits and bobs. That is the big plus of a mod where you change the batteries, you can have 8 batteries and always have charged ones ready to pop in.

Reactions: Kiley

madangus

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2015
Chicago-land
waiting to see some reviews on the new sigelei 150w tc box - bit of a different form factor than other sig boxes ( i have the sig 100w+ and its a great device)

It does have a very unique looking style going on doesn't it...

The 150w for 76 was such a great price. Couldn't be happier with it. I figure i will wait a while for the second or third iteration of the temp control boxes.

I really like the look of this p3 too... ProVari 3 (P3) - White Black Fade Thats a classy looking mod right there

Kiley

Jul 16, 2015
Boston
I haven't used the subox, though this morning as i fired my subtank for the first time and got that huge loud pop... Sigh lol

The provari mods from provape.com are the best feeling quality wise i have seen out there, feels like a very high end piece of gear. My sigeleis feel fairly solid and the ipv and sx mini i have tried holding in the store felt solid too... The provari still takes the cake for me in that respect though.

One thing too, my wife was really put off by the noise of the subtank and found it a bit much, in terms of the hit too, the aspire nautilus was a better fit. I am actually considering making that my travel setup, since as much as i like the subtank... That popping, jeez! The more recently made coils might also solve that, kanger might have had a bad run. The nautilus does give a very satisfying flavour too, just not as "big" of a hit as the subtank or atlantis.

A provari would be 100 to 220 depending on the model, you can get the 18650 extension cap for any of them. With the 2.5 or classic, the nautilus would be good. The subtank mini / aspire atlantis and other sub ohm tanks would need the provari 3.

If you want to spend a bit less now there have been a bunch of good suggestions already. Here is a solid feeling dual 18650 mod that could go with a high resistance coil like in the nautilus or a sub ohm coil in the atlantis...
Sigelei 150W Watt Box Mod - Black, Blue, Red and Silver

If you order pairs of batteries from illumn.com they will give you a case with each, just keep your charged spares in a plastic/tupperware box... They can do bad things if kept in a pocket/purse and contact other metal bits and bobs. That is the big plus of a mod where you change the batteries, you can have 8 batteries and always have charged ones ready to pop in.
Thank you so so much!

Reactions: madangus

Bender82

Aug 4, 2015
A 900ma battery should last you about 2 days with moderate use so I'd suggest starting there. Personally, I'd would worry about getting in to the more advanced mods. Even with all the new regulated mods, you still should have a good understanding of ohms law just to be on the safe side.
Jumping into advanced mods while you're still learning about vaping is like learning how to drive with a 500hp sports car. Sure it's possible, but it's not exactly safe.

MaenadMoogle

Jul 16, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
FIRST OFF, CONGRATS! !!! and welcome to ECF

Everybody here has been wicked helpful, so don't be afraid to ask questions and definitely peruse the old forums (that search feature has saved my skin a few times)

that being said, a few suggestions:

1) If you like the quality and quantity of vape you're getting from your evod kit, why not stick with it?? A lot of websites have the ego style batteries and EVOD tanks for pretty cheap, it's easy to just collect a few of those and swap them out as needed for battery life. There's a lot of people who like the vape pens and never feel the need to get a box mod.

2) If you're looking for more vapor/battery life/flavor, I have to say the istick30w and mini nautilus is a great combo (and one that is recommended frequently to newbies graduating from their evod). In fact, I just got mine a week ago and I'm in love. It's a small, box mod, that fits in the palm of your hand. You do get to control the watts and voltage and whatnot which is a step up from the ego, but not hard to figure out at all. Definitely comes with a longer battery life, more vapor, and more flavor.

3) If you have a vape store (Brick and Mortar or B&M) near you, go try out some flavors! This will give you a good idea about what you might like. And check out the supplier forums here, a lot of times you'll find good reviews and coupons for ordering juices or equipment online.

Good luck on your journey through vape land :D

Reactions: Kiley

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi my name is Kiley and I just started vaping a month ago to quit smoking and love it! Im just sorta clueless about good products and was excited to find this site. I bought an evod starter kit and like it alot but would like to invest in a longer battery life model. Any suggestions? Thank you!!!

Hi Kiley. Welcome to the ECF.

I'm sure you will get some Great Suggestions. In Fact. I predict that you will get a Ton of Suggestions.

So here is My Suggestion. Don't feel you have to Rush Out and buy something. Because it can be Sometimes Overwhelming.

Do a Little Research. Check out Mods that look like they might be Nice. Read some reviews on Websites and YouTube. Then maybe get it down to Couple of Choices and ask what people think about those Mods.

All the Hardware today is Pretty Good. It just kinda gets down to What you are looking for.

Reactions: pevinsghost

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
It depends on budget and what you want. Sub ohming eats battery life, but there's the extra flavor and vapor produced.

If it were me I would look for something with removable batteries. My ipv mini 2 lasts all day sub ohming at 35w on one samsung 25r. Literally it's just about dead when I go to sleep. But I can swap the battery any time I want and throw the other in the charger.

That's the route i would recommend. Total cost is around 75 bucks for the mod batteries and charger. Plus, when the batteries stop performing well you can toss them and get more, or use them with your next mod or alternate with a mech if you want or whatever. I would much rather spend money on options. As for tanks, I love the delta 2. I don't see many people recommending them but it's great. It's like a subtank mini but with flavor lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread