New iClear 30s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried these? I'm so intrigued. I'm glad that innokin finally hopped on the bottom wick bandwagon. I'm a dedicated user of the protank ( I have the original) but one thing that bothers me is that the seal is so airtight that you have to open the tank every now and then to avoid a burnt taste. If the new iClear 30s (or the protank 2 for that matter) improved on this Id love it. So what does everyone think about the iClear 30s?

rawr

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2013
Slovenia, Europe
I am using iclear16 and 30 right now, waiting for kanger coil heads... . I dont like top coil attys so much as bottom coil cause when the tank isnt full you dont get that much vapor as you could or should. Also the replaceable heads are more expensive, you cant rebuild them and the wicks suck a lot of juice. The tank is made out of plastic so it isnt good for acid juices. But i really like the rotatable mouth tip and almost no problems with leaking in 3 months of use.

Iclear 16 is smaller version with the same disadvantages + threads on mouth piece are badly glued so you will soon need another mouth tip.

And now for the NEW iclear 30s. It looks nice, it has removable drip tip but its also made out of plastic. Its almost the same as the original, but because of the "new" coil design i guess they will be a little more expensive.

Christopherja

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2013
Nottingham
I'm a dedicated user of the protank ( I have the original) but one thing that bothers me is that the seal is so airtight that you have to open the tank every now and then to avoid a burnt taste. If the new iClear 30s (or the protank 2 for that matter) improved on this Id love it.

Just to say, I'm not sure I've ever heard of anyone having a problem with the "seal being so tight" that causes a burnt taste on the Protank - so that may be a faulty tank, or user error.

That said, the Protank II is able to be fully disassembled - so you can decide how tight/loose you want all the bits; well, not too loose, if you want it to work! But that may fix your problem, if you'd rather have a bottom coil tank, that is.

Just to say, I'm not sure I've ever heard of anyone having a problem with the "seal being so tight" that causes a burnt taste on the Protank - so that may be a faulty tank, or user error.

That said, the Protank II is able to be fully disassembled - so you can decide how tight/loose you want all the bits; well, not too loose, if you want it to work! But that may fix your problem, if you'd rather have a bottom coil tank, that is.
Actually another friend had that same problem too. It gets an airtight seal creating a vacuume so you either have to unscrew it a bit every now and then or leave it unscrewed just enough to let oxygen flow. And I'm pretty sure this is what's happening because when I unscrew it, a bunch of air bubbles float up in the juice

Txaggiesaunt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
Texas
I have the VTR with the Iclear 30s. I have always been a bottom coil person, but I love the Iclear 30s. It is some kind of cartomizer, but instead it has a bunch of holes punched and I believe the same wicking as the original Iclear 30. The wicks just stay down so no need for tipping. It is awesome. My B&M already got them in and I snatched up a dark purple one and some extra cartomizers. Here are some pics. VAPE ON:vapor:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Txaggiesaunt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
Texas
Discountvapers has them in stock, just ordered mine today ;)

Innokin iClear 30s Clearomizer Tank Dual Coil

I like everything about the iclear30 except for the mouthpiece which I find a little too large for my preference. The iclear30-S comes with a removable drip tip; somewhat similar to the Protank2 drip tip.

That's strange. Mine with my VTR and the one I got at my local B&M both have the swivel tip that Innokin always has on their iclears. Also came in a nice box like most Innokin stuff does. Also here.....http://www.myvaporstore.com/Joyetech_eMode_Kanger_Protank_3_s/14.htm it shows swivel tip, but with the new one you can change out drip tips as in my avatar pic

image.jpg

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
That's strange. Mine with my VTR and the one I got at my local B&M both have the swivel tip that Innokin always has on their iclears. Also came in a nice box like most Innokin stuff does. Also here.....Joyetech eMode Kanger Protank 3 it shows swivel tip, but with the new one you can change out drip tips as in my avatar pic

View attachment 264572

Yeah, I'm guessing this must be the latest design. However, if one prefers the swivel tip, I'm pretty sure that the tank specs for both the iclear30 and 30-s are identical, so I don't see why you couldn't switch the two drip tips.

Txaggiesaunt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
Texas
Yeah, I'm guessing this must be the latest design. However, if one prefers the swivel tip, I'm pretty sure that the tank specs for both the iclear30 and 30-s are identical, so I don't see why you couldn't switch the two drip tips.

Wow, that's a quick design change. Both of mine are the 30s and only been out a few weeks and they have already changed designs. They are quick....lol

Jayvaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
South Florida
I do really like the flavor from my 'old' iclear 30. So much so, that I don't see the need to upgrade yet to a different head until the tank breaks or I run out of heads. Currently, with a little maintenance, my head is 3 weeks old and still going strong.

I guess the replaceable drip tip is nice, but if they had made the tank glass, would have been the only thing that would have moved me to try it now. Probably by the time my 5 pack of replacement heads for the 'old' style are gone they will have a pyrex version. Lol

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
That's strange. Mine with my VTR and the one I got at my local B&M both have the swivel tip that Innokin always has on their iclears. Also came in a nice box like most Innokin stuff does. Also here.....Joyetech eMode Kanger Protank 3 it shows swivel tip, but with the new one you can change out drip tips as in my avatar pic

Your link is for a Kanger Protank, entirely different tank and manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread