New iclear30-s w/ removable tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
Quick summary of my initial impression of the new iclear30-s that I received today from DiscountVapers.com

I already own an iclear30 which was included when I bought my iTaste MVP2. The draw, taste and vapor production is spot on, except the drip tip wasn’t comfortable for my preference since I’m not a fan of the mini-trumpet style mouthpieces.

Unfortunately, the iclear30 mouthpiece isn’t removable in the sense you can use a drip tip of your choice. (There are people who have shortened the neck from an icear16 mouthpiece and used that instead, but to get it to work just right without leaking, it seems you need a precise cut which would probably require a lathe)

When I spotted the new S line that was advertised as having a removable tip, I made my order, and 2 days later here it is.

At first glance, I was VERY disappointed to see that the tip is proprietary as you have to unscrew it to get it off, with the threading and neck length exactly the same as the original iclear30.

2cmmd8x.jpg

nwgg06.jpg

10mis5u.jpg

2hdxqns.jpg

zo95cy.jpg

1194etl.jpg

However… after you remove the drip tip off the new iclear30-S, you will see that the tank well is designed to allow for your choice of drip tip. Also to note, the new iclear30-S tip can be screwed onto the original iclear30, so for those of you out there who also disliked the trumpet cone drip tip, problem solved, and you will now have 2 iclear30’s you can use!

Some pics:

2aewbq8.jpg

2m5bg2f.jpg

9sro7o.jpg

9te5c5.jpg

Performance wise, I find that the new iclear30-S seems to have a much lighter draw than the original. (this is when using on my MVP2 with the original beauty-ring) Once I swapped out the original drip tip with my own, the draw became slightly tighter, but still a bit on the airy side. I would say it’s pretty close to the original Kanger Protank. After fiddling with different plinth covers, I found one that provided the tightest air-seal, and now would say that the draw now is like the Kanger Protank2.

2lcwiog.jpg

The reason for the lighter draw is due to the vent on the stem threading, its twice as large as the original:

j8pqja.jpg

Initial verdict:

I was hoping that this would replace my Protank2 as the tank of choice for my MVP2, but having the same, perhaps slightly lighter draw than on the PT2 means I will still be using the Kanger Protank2 as my primary tank.

However, now that I have the iclear30-s drip tip on my original iclear30, it remedies my initial gripe about the uncomfortable drip-tip. With that said, it now looks like the tank of choice for me on my MVP2 is the iclear30 with iclear30-S drip tip!

So now I have the iclear30 on my MVP, the Kanger tank on my ego-c battery which leaves me with the iclear30-s looking for a new home on another PV…
Just when I thought I had the perfect setup (which I actually do for now with the MVP2) I’m surely going to be looking for another PV that would be a good match for my new iclear30-s. I can see how this trend just never seems to end with my new vaping hobby, so for those of you wondering why people buy so much vape gear, I guess this is one example ;)

I’ll try to update this post once I get a few days off of the iclear30-s, maybe I’ll be able to figure out another way to tighten up the draw some more. Aloha!!

Last edited:

Jayvaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
South Florida
Looks like I will be sticking with the 'old style' since I doubt I will like the more airy draw and the fact you won't be able to dry burn the coils easily.

I like the fact that you can change the drip tip now, but that is the only gripe I have with the old tank that they fixed, but they broke more stuff in the process IMO(at least for me).

Glass tank may have made me try it though, but doubtful I will now ever.

Thanks for the review. :)

How would you compare flavor for this version vs the old version btw?

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
How would you compare flavor for this version vs the old version btw?

Its hard to say b/c they draw different for me, the original has a very tight draw so naturally, I'm getting much more vapor and taste. Compared to the PT2, I would say the flavor is more pronounced because I can crank up the wattage much higher and not have a burnt taste. I'll update again once I get some more use out of it and see if there is any change. Thanks!

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
Think I found my ideal setting/setup with the iclear30-S which basically replaces my protank2 as my favorite for my MVP2 for the time being.

The thread collar, either the original beauty ring or a cone plinth cover works fine, doesn’t make much of a difference anymore. I just had to alter my drawing technique a bit and I set the power to the device to 9W. Basically, instead of pulling a short and stronger draw as I do with the Protank2, I just do the opposite.

With a slow and light draw, or with a nice primer puff before inhale, as your mouth nears about half capacity of vapor, you’ll feel the vapor warm up and the taste intensifies. Vapor production is very impressive upon exhale along with another nice bump in flavor. Very “clean” taste is how I would describe my experience assuming you are using your favorite e-juice.

With the PT2, ideal power for me is 7W, going higher seems to increases the likelihood of a burnt taste unless you take a moment between draws, or don’t take big primer puffs before your actual intake. Main difference to me is the temperature. If you like warm vapor, the iclear30-s may be a good option for you. For a cooler taste, you can’t go wrong with the Protank2.

I do notice that the iclear30-S eats up juice much faster, but then again, I am running it at a higher wattage.

The airy draw I was griping about earlier has become a non-issue for me now because the vapor production and flavor is quite intense. Even with back to back vapes, and long draws, and primer puffs, I don’t get any hints of burnt flavor as I would definitely get with the PT2.

Also one more thing, I would assume that innoken, or perhaps some aftermarket company would release, sooner than later, different drip tip options, so if you are happy with the original iclear30 performance, I think that remedy should be right around the corner.

Bottom line, I'm very glad to have made this purchase; will put my initial reaction to buy another PV for the extra tank on hold as I'm very much enjoying my vaping experience right now ;)

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
I only wish it was glass... Guess I'll stay with my PT 2.... It's my favorite anyway.

True, glass would definitely be nicer, hands down. However, I never had an issue with my juices fogging/cracking/melting any of my plastic tanks, so for me, its not really a deal-breaker. I still like my PT2 though, clean flavor, good vapor and I think looks much nicer.

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
Ya mate, what you described seems to be pretty common with people that get 30s. They are not liked initially and then loved, once the juice really gets into the wicks. You agree?

Yes, I do agree, 100%. Its my primary tank on my at-home mod, the vapor production is very impressive with plenty of taste to go along with it. Friends of mine who like to do the lung inhales mentioned that this is the ideal tank to do it with since the vapor intake is so incredibly smooth, you actually think the device isn't on until you exhale.

For myself, I like the warmer vapor, and being able to draw with little to no effort with a great payoff is just right for my preference.

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
Great review!

With me, having a device that wicks a bit better for chain vaping is always a positive. I don't really chain vape, but my comfortable vape is 3 puffs over a span of 45-seconds/1-minute, then putting the device down, and doing it again a few minutes later. It's a much different process for me than I smoke cigarettes. However, with the PTII, I had a lot of bad luck with burning and dry hits - it could have been something just on the wicks that slowed down the process (I always noticed that when I dripped juice on the wicks, it soaked up very slowly and strangely, even with thin juice...). My big thing is a nice, clean vape that holds up to a moderate vaper - I'm not someone who just takes one big inhale of nicotine and then sits it down for 20 minutes, but I'm not a chain vaper either unless I'm testing. My tests with the Aspire give a truly tremendous amount of vapor, and a very smooth vapor at that, but a downright horrible taste with each juice I try - it gives one juice a charcoal taste, one a oil taste, one a papery taste, one a salty taste. The thing is supernatural.

I'm really hoping to try and get success with the iClear 30/30S. As it is, I don't have so much of a draw preference as much as that I'm simply concerned about which type of suction helps wicks wick the best. I do like the vapor amount of a dual coil, but I want the taste to truly hold up. Has the 30S or 30 excelled over one another in that regard?

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
I'm really hoping to try and get success with the iClear 30/30S. As it is, I don't have so much of a draw preference as much as that I'm simply concerned about which type of suction helps wicks wick the best. I do like the vapor amount of a dual coil, but I want the taste to truly hold up. Has the 30S or 30 excelled over one another in that regard?

Both will wick up well from my experience, my blend is 100% VG. I like both products, but the only common similarity between the 2 versions would be the exterior tank and drip tip threading. I can see someone that is used to the 30 may not like the 30-s simply due to initial reaction on the draw resistance. I think the experience will also vary greatly depending on the device you are using.

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
That is something I want to look into - the possibility that eGo style VV's just aren't real great and somehow cause some issues. My local vendor always uses a slightly more "durable" looking VV battery (not far off from an eGo, but better looking) and I never get many issues out of their store samples. Maybe 2 out of 40 of their clearomizer samples have tasted burnt. Compared to my 7 out of 8.... :glare:

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
my input on the iclear30S...when I first tried it I was very disappointed as the flavor was VERY muted. After sitting overnight I thought it had leaked as 1/2 the tank was empty but after checking there was no leakage that 1/2 tank was absorbed by the wicks. Refilled and started vapeing and the flavor and vapor production was amazing. I was using my new VTR at 9watts. This is a good tank for those who have a ADV they like and for those who like carto tanks. For me it will get less use because I like to change flavor so often and my juice is too $$$ to have it used up so quickly. Protank will remain my first choice

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
It sounds like the 30s could be just what I am looking for. I like the original iclear30 but don't like how tight the draw is. I actually prefer a lighter draw like the evods and my ismoka bcc mega, so I think the 30s might fit the bill well. I have one on my Christmas list so hopefully I'll be able to try it out in a couple of weeks. How tough is it to change flavor with these? Do you just empty the old juice out and fill with new and have some transition time in between? It seems like it would be tough to change flavors with because of the big center wicks.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
It sounds like the 30s could be just what I am looking for. I like the original iclear30 but don't like how tight the draw is. I actually prefer a lighter draw like the evods and my ismoka bcc mega, so I think the 30s might fit the bill well. I have one on my Christmas list so hopefully I'll be able to try it out in a couple of weeks. How tough is it to change flavor with these? Do you just empty the old juice out and fill with new and have some transition time in between? It seems like it would be tough to change flavors with because of the big center wicks.

Best bet is to rinse and dry burn the coil, then you can switch up your juice flavor. Don't forget to remove the plastic cap (slowly, make sure you don't pull out the flavor wick that sits on top, I found it hard to put back in)

I only wish it was glass... Guess I'll stay with my PT 2.... It's my favorite anyway.

True, glass would definitely be nicer, hands down. However, I never had an issue with my juices fogging/cracking/melting any of my plastic tanks, so for me, its not really a deal-breaker. I still like my PT2 though, clean flavor, good vapor and I think looks much nicer.

Ya mate, what you described seems to be pretty common with people that get 30s. They are not liked initially and then loved, once the juice really gets into the wicks. You agree?

Yes, I do agree, 100%. Its my primary tank on my at-home mod, the vapor production is very impressive with plenty of taste to go along with it. Friends of mine who like to do the lung inhales mentioned that this is the ideal tank to do it with since the vapor intake is so incredibly smooth, you actually think the device isn't on until you exhale.

For myself, I like the warmer vapor, and being able to draw with little to no effort with a great payoff is just right for my preference.

Ok, reading this thread had made a lot of sense.

I have a ego Twist with a pro-tank II mini which I lvoe.

I went out to get a second setup, so I bought an iTaste MVP. It came with a 30. I so far have hated the 30. I even replaced a wick quickly as all I got was a plastic taste. the second wick is a little bit better, but still am really dis-satisfied with it. I am using a juice that I have used in my pro-tank II mini and it just isn't right. I have constantly tried differnt power/voltage setups but just not getting that good taste.

I may just buy a pro-tank II (not a mini) for my iTaste MVP as I would like a larger tank.

I will keep trying the 30 to see if it gets better like other people have suggested, but so far I am highly disappointed in my 30 (the one with the big long wicks and PLASTIC top for the coil)

plastic......?!! Its one thing for the tank, but the coil? seems to be a ....ty design if you ask me!

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
Ok, reading this thread had made a lot of sense.

I have a ego Twist with a pro-tank II mini which I lvoe.

I went out to get a second setup, so I bought an iTaste MVP. It came with a 30. I so far have hated the 30. I even replaced a wick quickly as all I got was a plastic taste. the second wick is a little bit better, but still am really dis-satisfied with it. I am using a juice that I have used in my pro-tank II mini and it just isn't right. I have constantly tried differnt power/voltage setups but just not getting that good taste.

I may just buy a pro-tank II (not a mini) for my iTaste MVP as I would like a larger tank.

I will keep trying the 30 to see if it gets better like other people have suggested, but so far I am highly disappointed in my 30 (the one with the big long wicks and PLASTIC top for the coil)

plastic......?!! Its one thing for the tank, but the coil? seems to be a ....ty design if you ask me!

I also have the MVP2/iclear30 combo. At first I didn't care much for the 30 myself. I have found though that the more I use it the more I like it and I have actually grown quite fond of it. I am getting an iclear30s for Christmas and hopefully I'll like that even more!

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
Well, almost 2 months in and this is without a doubt still my favorite tank by a very wide margin. I switch around time to time with my other tanks (ViviNova, iclear30, Protank2, DCT carto tank) but for me, the iclear30-s has my ideal combination of vapor output, taste and ease of use.

I also use a mechanical mod, a V2 Magneto with a igo-w dripping RBA which definitely tops everything I have in vapor/flavor, but sometimes I just prefer not having to fiddle around with anything and just vape ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread