Status
Not open for further replies.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
the deal is: you're never going to completely break away from cigs until you give vaping a full & fair chance at stomping-out that cig habit alll together. just STOP smoking. that's my genuine & true advice, to you. just STOP SMOKING CIGARETTES. Rather, ONLY vape... Throw OUT those ciggys and ONLY VAPE... & if your vaporizer isn't satisfying your nicotine cravings within 1-2 days of doing this, well-then something is wrong with your brain, and you MAY have a deeper, more emotional issue. ;)

In my experience, as-long as you're still smoking 1 a day, or 1 a week, you'll keep that taste, throat hit, smell, and feeling, on your brain, in a fresh state. if you ONLY vape, you allow that memory to fade, and you no-longer crave, or NEED, cigarette nostalgia. it's simple, really.... If you follow these directions, i can promise you, you will no-longer give a crap about cigarettes.... also, focus on finding your favorite e-liquid, also known as your ADV, or, your "All-Day-Vape" bcuz once you've found this, you wont WANT the ashy, organic taste of cigarettes on your breath, you'll be craving snickerdoodle cookies, gummy-bears, or RY4 (which is a caramel-vanilla-tobacco flavored e-liquid that quickly becomes a LOT of new-vapers ADV's... give it a shot, sometime) ENJOY ur vape journey, bro!

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
Thanks BrotherBob. Actually I like the setup I have now. I use a VaporFi "pen" I think it's called. The closest VaporFi store is 50+ miles away though, and the only vape stores close to us are dingy hole-in-the-wall type places. But a support group or get-together might be good, as you suggested. I'll check again to see if there's something like that relatively close.
You are at the support group now..

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Oh gee, this is great information, and explains a lot about past failures. I hear you though about trying it without the WTA to start with. That makes sense.

One question - do these other additives have any harmful properties, other than their addictive nature?

Thanks so much Andria, for this awesome information, and taking the time to post it. :)

All I can say *for sure* is that vaping WTA is FAR safer than smoking. There is an article here in the same ECF Library that Robino linked above, which goes into some of the *potential* hazards of WTA -- it's at WTA Refill Liquids

A quote from that article:

Is the use of WTAs safer than smoking?

The use of WTAs added to e-liquid seems on the face of it to be far safer than continuing to smoke, since it is the smoke that causes 100% of diseases associated with smoking (+ or - 0.001%), not the active tobacco compounds. However, it is possible that some carcinogens present in tobacco may accompany the WTAs into the e-liquid. Therefore, without further research, it would be unwise to state it is as risk-free as the use of pharmaceutical grade nicotine alone, which we know has little in the way of carcinogens.

For me, it came down to, if I didn't find some way to alleviate the cravings, I was going to return yet again to smoking, and perhaps never be able to get free of it -- I seem to be far more addicted to the minor alkaloids and MAOIs than to nicotine, perhaps because of my lifelong struggle with depression and anxiety. So I chose to use WTA as my only means of relieving those cravings, short of smoking. Others must examine their own needs, to judge if the cravings are severe enough to warrant using WTA as the means of avoiding smoking. I've spent the entire year of 2015 going from 10% addition, to my current .7%, so it would seem that soon I will be free of my addiction to those alkaloids; I'm certain that this was my only means of achieving that freedom, the slow and steady weaning which was never possible with cigarettes.

Andria

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
the deal is: you're never going to completely break away from cigs until you give vaping a full & fair chance at stomping-out that cig habit alll together. just STOP smoking. that's my genuine & true advice, to you. just STOP SMOKING CIGARETTES. Rather, ONLY vape... Throw OUT those ciggys and ONLY VAPE... & if your vaporizer isn't satisfying your nicotine cravings within 1-2 days of doing this, well-then something is wrong with your brain, and you MAY have a deeper, more emotional issue. ;)

In my experience, as-long as you're still smoking 1 a day, or 1 a week, you'll keep that taste, throat hit, smell, and feeling, on your brain, in a fresh state. if you ONLY vape, you allow that memory to fade, and you no-longer crave, or NEED, cigarette nostalgia. it's simple, really.... If you follow these directions, i can promise you, you will no-longer give a crap about cigarettes.... also, focus on finding your favorite e-liquid, also known as your ADV, or, your "All-Day-Vape" bcuz once you've found this, you wont WANT the ashy, organic taste of cigarettes on your breath, you'll be craving snickerdoodle cookies, gummy-bears, or RY4 (which is a caramel-vanilla-tobacco flavored e-liquid that quickly becomes a LOT of new-vapers ADV's... give it a shot, sometime) ENJOY ur vape journey, bro!

I wouldn't necessarily advise throwing them out -- to me, just the absence of cigarettes is enough to induce a panic attack -- but stick 'em in the freezer or something, so you don't constantly see them -- I've had the last 12 in an open pk in my freezer for 17 months now, turning into tobaccocicles. The fact of their presence means it's MY CHOICE to vape, but I do have the option to choose to smoke, if I really, really, REALLY want it bad enough to smoke old freezer-burnt cigarettes. The simple fact of having a choice makes all the difference to me; I choose to vape.

But there does come a point where you just have to say ENOUGH! NO MORE! and *just stop*. For me, crossing that line was a huge relief; the 2 yr old that lives in my brain finally shut the hell up and quit bothering me. There is no cheating; as long as you continue to have "just one more," then there will always be "just one more." Because "just one more" keeps the addiction alive in your brain.

Andria

Krazylegz

Jan 3, 2016
Hi there! I'm new here, but it looks like this is where I need to be. :) Let me tell you a bit about myself, and also ask some advice.

I'm a 30-year, 2-pack-a-day smoker, and I've just recently been told by my doctor that I'm in the early stages of COPD. This means that it's still possible to reverse a lot of the damage to my lungs. This has forced me to confront the fact that I need to quit.

I've been dabbling a bit with vaping on and off for a couple of years, but it took me a while to find something that I can live with. With the new e-cig system, and the COPD news, I've cut back to 8 cigarettes per day from 40+, and have done it without too much pain.

But I'm having a problem cutting back further, let alone quitting altogether. I'm sure it's psychological - I just wish I could get to a stage where my first reaction is to reach for the e-cig instead of the tobacco, without even thinking about it. Has anyone had a problem with those last few cigarettes? What did you do about it?

Logically, I know that from a nicotine perspective, the e-cig is providing what I need, so why do I still look forward to my next real cigarette? You know, the one that's killing me. Argh, I just can't figure out the problem, and would love some advice or insight.

Thanks for reading! :)
I need help too

Krazylegz

Jan 3, 2016
Hi there! I'm new here, but it looks like this is where I need to be. :) Let me tell you a bit about myself, and also ask some advice.

I'm a 30-year, 2-pack-a-day smoker, and I've just recently been told by my doctor that I'm in the early stages of COPD. This means that it's still possible to reverse a lot of the damage to my lungs. This has forced me to confront the fact that I need to quit.

I've been dabbling a bit with vaping on and off for a couple of years, but it took me a while to find something that I can live with. With the new e-cig system, and the COPD news, I've cut back to 8 cigarettes per day from 40+, and have done it without too much pain.

But I'm having a problem cutting back further, let alone quitting altogether. I'm sure it's psychological - I just wish I could get to a stage where my first reaction is to reach for the e-cig instead of the tobacco, without even thinking about it. Has anyone had a problem with those last few cigarettes? What did you do about it?

Logically, I know that from a nicotine perspective, the e-cig is providing what I need, so why do I still look forward to my next real cigarette? You know, the one that's killing me. Argh, I just can't figure out the problem, and would love some advice or insight.

Try uping your nicotine. I also was a 2 pack a day smoker. I'm 34. I have cerebral palsy. I haven't had a stinky stick in 11 months it took me a month once I found a setup that worked for me. I recommend an x cube 2 or an rx200 but I run drippers only.

Reactions: RoseJ

Krazylegz

Jan 3, 2016

I was told if you can go 3 days without a cigarette you won't win again. It worked for me.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thanks for this information. I'm using the VaporFi e-cigarette.

View attachment 519990

I did find that it was making me cough a lot, so I get the 60-40 VG/PG mix, which helps a bit. I wish I could get a higher VG level. I might have to look into mixing my own. :) You're right - it sure would help in the mornings.

For me, 40% PG is about the Highest I can go without getting the "Piece of Popcorn in the Throat" Cough. You might contact your e-Liquid vendor and Double Check to see if they offer anything in a Lower PG / Higher VG level.

Yeah... Having a 2nd Atomizer with Higher Nicotine in it Really Helped in the Mourning and after Dinner. I Didn't need it All Day. Just at those two main times.

Krazylegz

Jan 3, 2016
For me, 40% PG is about the Highest I can go without getting the "Piece of Popcorn in the Throat" Cough. You might contact your e-Liquid vendor and Double Check to see if they offer anything in a Lower PG / Higher VG level.

Yeah... Having a 2nd Atomizer with Higher Nicotine in it Really Helped in the Mourning and after Dinner. I Didn't need it All Day. Just at those two main times.
Those didn't cut it for me. I blow major clouds. I'm down to 1mg/ml of nicotine

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
You haven't found the right setup and or flavor, without that it's not easy, go flavor testing at a vape shop if you can, It was easy for me to quit because I liked my flavor more than I did my cig.. After your taste comes back you'll wonder why you ever liked cigs, tastes like burning tar to me :X

Krazylegz

Jan 3, 2016
You haven't found the right setup and or flavor, without that it's not easy, go flavor testing at a vape shop if you can, It was easy for me to quit because I liked my flavor more than I did my cig.. After your taste comes back you'll wonder why you ever liked cigs, tastes like burning tar to me :X
anyone got any good single flavor recipe.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
A lot of people have Quit on Mods like that. And if you have a Start Date like mine, you Probably Quit on something that was even Smaller.

;)

I quit with a cigalike, using 6mg nic. :D Because no one had told me it was impossible. :D

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador

It took 24 mg nicotine to get me off 40 years of smokes...I quit the same day I began vaping with a cheap Spinner II (battery) and an Aspire clearo tank....the whole setup cost about 20 bucks.

Now I have thousands of dollars worth of mods, tanks, drippers, etc, etc....but none of them are necessary to STOP smoking. High nicotine was the solution for me....after one day of vaping just the smell of a cigarette was nauseating.

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
I quit with a cigalike, using 6mg nic. :D Because no one had told me it was impossible. :D

Andria
As much as I bad mouth cigalikes, they've worked for quite a few people, but the quitting experience is different for everyone out there, some people quit with patches and gum, cigalikes didn't work for me at all, it actually turned me off of vaping for a year, then I tried a ego-t, tested some flavors and only then did I feel vaping would work for me.

jumphour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2014
CT, USA
I somehow quit using cigalikes. That tight draw made me nuts, but I did it! I smoked a pack a day for the better part of 30 years, and got myself down to 9 a day while using the cigalikes, then 5 a day, then none, in a pretty short amount of time (maybe a couple of weeks?). When I got my first eGo kit and a tank is when it really became enjoyable to me until I graduated to bigger tanks and replaceable battery devices with a little more power. I still have my last pack of cigarettes, with one lonely cigarette sitting in it, covered in dust on my desk. I told myself "If you want it, have it...no biggie." And I don't at ALL. Clothes don't smell, car doesn't smell, juice tastes so good, and I don't have to go outside anymore! I can breathe better. And any time I cough now, I'm like "What was that for?", because it's so rare....just swallowing funny or something.

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
OK, so I've never used a VaporFi product, but, from the picture you posted, it looks very similar to my Kanger Evod. Somebody please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

My daughter and I have successfully used 70vg/30pg eliquids in our Kanger Evod setups, with no problems other than having to change the coil a bit more frequently when using some flavors. We have used the 70vg/30pg ratio both with the Kanger single and dual coils, with Kanger Evod 650 mah batteries, and had absolutely no problems. At the moment, I am using 2 different eliquids, from 2 different companies, in my Evod Glass tanks with Kanger single coils at 2.20 ohms, at 70vg/30pg, on my brand spanking new CoolFire IV, and loving every minute of it. My daughter got an Innokin VV v3 for Christmas and is using it with either the iClear 16 tanks or her Evod Glass tanks with dual coils, and is not having any problems, either.

Don't be afraid to play with your vape. Only you can say what works for you to keep you away from cigarettes. My daughter and I had quit smoking, cold turkey, around 6 years before we discovered ecigs. We started using cigalikes, and experimented with nicotine levels, pg/vg ratios, and flavors before hitting on the combination that worked to keep us smoke free. When we graduated to Kanger Evods, we again had to try a couple of combinations before we hit on what worked for us. For Christmas 2015, we upgraded our hardware, and are again experimenting with our vape to find the right combination for us.

Buy smaller bottles of eliquid until you find the combination of nicotine, pg and vg that works for you with the equipment that you have. Experiment with different ohm levels on your coils. Read reviews. Ask questions. You will find something that works for you.

Most important, have fun with your vape. When you find a combination that you really enjoy, it will be much easier to quit smoking for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread