New Member and Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn Stoneburner

Oct 24, 2018
I have a Kanger Evod starter kit. My problem is the charger, I have 3 USB chargers and none of them are turning green when charged. I just bought the new kit Sept 20th. I have moved chargers and checked the charging blocks. This has just started in the last couple of days.. Are the chargers just bad or just a fluke?

Reactions: VapourFlavour

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Ego-style batteries are older technology and have become somewhat unpopular at large. I believe I read that Vision and Joytech announced recently that they will no longer make theirs anymore. It's possible that the gear you have is old stock that sat on a shelf for months and months before you purchased yours. Batteries don't last forever.

Pods and mods are the current trend. Back in the day I liked cartomizers but they disappeared years ago to newer and better technology like clearomizers. Not to be rude, but maybe its time to update your setup to 2018.

Last edited:

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Yes they are charged.
As others have stated, Evod batteries are very old tech, it's quite likely that the battery is no longer capable of accepting a FULL charge. I would consider trying a return for refund.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Thanks everyone you have been a big help. I quit smoking in June and the big reason was the money I was going to save, But I am spending money on coils, clearomizers and batteries. I did not want the big cloud of smoke is the main reason I went with the evod and I bought the original one over 2 years ago.
I understand your choice of the Evod. I'm vaping a 3 year old Evod clone right now. Still works like a champ. But it's been in and out of service for that time (not sitting in a hot warehouse) which does help to keep it 'healthy'.
Please don't give up in disgust. We're all fellow vapers and truly want to help. Hang in there.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
evod... and I bought the original one over 2 years ago.
If you are still using the original one, its well past its prime. All batteries have a life expectancy of about 500 charge cycles, and begin to lose their ability to hold a full charge around 250 charge cycles. Batteries just sitting on a shelf unused will age, too.

Reactions: Foggy Road

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I still have the 2 old ones ... I am using the new ones now... The old ones will charge... My back ups...LOL
Welcome and glad you joined.
Could contact:
Local B&M Vape Shop (Phone first then visit)/someone who knows what their doing -----Might be simple.
Vendor who sold it ---see if they will repair or replace or advise (any authorized distributor).
Manufacturer contact ---see if they will repair or replace or advise.
Definitely worth a look at:
The ECF Troubleshooting Guide - Revision 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread