New Member, But Not new to vaping :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperDave68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
Spokane,WA
Hi All, New to E-cig forum, have read numerous articles from here, mostly on tips for RBA's.
i thought i would join, as there is a thread on the Joyetech Evic VV mod and i thought i would add my two cents worth, but new members must have
at least 5 posts to reply to anything other than the new members area. so if anybody has access and cares to add this to that thread be my guest, i have another 4 posts to go :laugh:.

i have had the evic for about a month now, and the review was pretty good, but the author didn't explaing the VV MWR or VV MVR feature very well.
this feature allows you to basically set voltage or wattage ramp vs. time tables, for 3 ranges of atomizer res. i found this to be a neat feature for experimental stuff, like scubabatdans SS mesh wick inside a pryrex tube idea. one of his complaints with that was it was slow to get started.
So with the Evic, you could say start on an initial high wattage, to get it up to temp faster, then taper it off over time to maintain the vape without over temping and burning the juice.
i have also found this feature nice when using the flat ribbon kanthal for for a coil, as it tends to start out slow, i suspect because of the increased surface area in contact with the wick, so i hit it with a higher voltage for the first second, then ramp it down to maintain.
oh i guess i should put some details of what i am running on top of the evic.
i have used the vivi nova tank, but numerous leaking issues, and inconsistant vaping, so i decided to switch to a completly rebuildable atty.
i am currently running the AGA T2, modified for a ceramic braid U-wick, and using a 5 turn flat ribbon kanthal coil (don't remember the spec on it at the moment, but i get a 1.5 Ohm coil with 5 turns at roughly a .125" coil dia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread