New member here, and already have a urgent question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The BDC (bottom dual coil) is an older technology whose two heating coils are located horizontally at the bottom of the tank. I think it used silica string as the wicking medium.

The BVC (bottom vertical coil) is the latest technology whose heating coil is positioned vertically in the tank. It uses organic cotton as the wick.

The BVC was hailed to be a significant improvement over the BDC for Aspire.

Last edited:

SunshinePete

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire, England
Help! Who knows difference between Aspire BDC and BVC coils?
Welcome to the forum. There was a time when Aspire BVC coils were absolutely raved about on this forum, they were said to produce joyous rapture with the stupendous flavours they produced. That wasn't my experience and they soon became TIB (thrown in bin) but that's the thing about vaping, it's all about what works for you. Happy vaping.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have some BVD coils that I bought by accident early on that coincidentally like, fit an odd tank I bought early on to match a really weird mod I bought. It's like a 7 ml tank, I do not use it all that often any more and I am a MTL vaper but honestly I didn't think they were terrible at ALL and it was kind of a "heavenly accidental match" for a while.

I should dig that tank out for a whirl, come to think. LOL.

Anna

Reactions: ExtremeDooty

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I have some BVD coils that I bought by accident early on that coincidentally like, fit an odd tank I bought early on to match a really weird mod I bought. It's like a 7 ml tank, I do not use it all that often any more and I am a MTL vaper but honestly I didn't think they were terrible at ALL and it was kind of a "heavenly accidental match" for a while.

Anna
I think BVD is something else Anna, best not discussed on here.
Unless you have found an interesting product we don't know about.
7 ml mind you.... that is an EPIC tank! :)

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX

Anna
And I was beginning to think I was the only one one on the planet who actually liked the BDC.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
well they probably beat the heck out of those early top coils with the wicks hanging all out, lol
I have 3 aspire clearos in rotation. One 1.8 BDC and two 1.6 BVC. The BDC has a touch of sting to the TH compared to the BVCs. But I like that.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well whatever I called it, consider it retracted. LOL. I don't even want to know, but I have spent too much time today talking to my kid, my brother and tending to the monthly Food Poisoning of the Husband.

I'm going to start an app to track it because I SWEAR it's like once a month. I'm going to call it the Indigestible Regurgutated Rabbit. (The app I mean.)

I'm also wondering if the husband's fear of poisoning is less about his choice of women, and more about like, the amount of food poisoning he gets.

Same pizza, and yes, I thought it was probably some of the worse pizza I've ever had, tasted like a cross between a pizza, a quesadilla and an old boot, but I am totally FINE. I did think, as I was eating it, "Yeah, that's not going to work out well for the husband," and yes, I like that coil.

I like the tank, too, but I have learned (it is very MTL) to fill it up halfway or the eliquid in it goes bad like, before I can vape it all. LOL.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It is probably some "Mr. Grey" type activity and I am AMOST tempted to POST the tank so you can laugh more. IN FACT I HAVE IT RIGHT HERE. LOL The BVD tank the drip tip is cut off in the picture it's about 5 inches long.

There you go @djsvapour. LOL.

Anna

Attachments

• BVD tank.jpg
    BVD tank.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread