New member intro and questions on juice going to fast and nicotine satisfaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheldear

Jul 15, 2016
Texas
Hello all.

I'm a new member. I just started vaping a few days ago. I've quit and restarted smoking several times, restarting a few weeks ago after quitting for over six months. Anyway, I hadn't been able to give it up, and doing the patch is impossible for me. They won't stick to me!

So I decided to try vaping. Went to the local store, got outfitted with the Aspire K4 Quick Start Kit and some juice. Got a lot of instructions. The nicotine levels they had were 1, 3 and 6. He started me on a 3--I went back and he added more to make it a 6.

The first and second day were fine--I could get what I needed nicotine-wise. Last night (day 2) and this morning (beginning of day 3) my liquid is going like crazy! This morning, I canNOT get any nicotine satisfaction, and now my liquid has gone by half in the chamber thingy.

I've tried many things--closing the air thingy, opening it up, closing it midway--inhaling more at one time with fewer in between, doing smaller puffs, but nothing seems to be giving me any nicotine. I feel like I'm still sitting around nic'ing out, or as if I've had one puff of a cigarette.

The liquid I am using is one that they create themselves. It's very good. They do make it in advance, and he said nothing about steeping it. He did tell me that as a newbie, I'd probably use it a lot. The first day though, the juice barely moved, and I didn't have to replace it until late on the second night before bed. Now, it's the morning after, and the tank is less than half full.

Please help with ideas. I'd greatly appreciate it!

Reactions: David Wolf

NightSky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
California
I think you're a little light on nicotine. 6mg/ml is generally considered 'Light'

Generally smokers start out at 12-18-24+ mg/ml

I'd imagine that's why you're not feeling entirely satisfied.

I can't say much about your juice disappearing, maybe it's leaking? If not, the coil may just be burning through it quickly. Buying from a local B&M can be a little pricey juice wise.

cheldear

Jul 15, 2016
Texas
I think you're a little light on nicotine. 6mg/ml is generally considered 'Light'

Generally smokers start out at 12-18-24+ mg/ml

I'd imagine that's why you're not feeling entirely satisfied.

I can't say much about your juice disappearing, maybe it's leaking? If not, the coil may just be burning through it quickly. Buying from a local B&M can be a little pricey juice wise.

That's what I was thinking too. He only has 1,3 and 6. I was reading on Reddit before coming here (found link to here from there). I was looking for other places to buy juice from that wasn't so expensive because I was burning through it so fast. I figure I might also pop over to the search and look for posts on best places to buy juice as well. I have an extra coil. Would you recommend buying coils from elsewhere too?

Here's a dumb newbie question. Where would I look to see if my juice is leaking?

And thank you for the quick reply!

NightSky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
California
That's what I was thinking too. He only has 1,3 and 6. I was reading on Reddit before coming here (found link to here from there). I was looking for other places to buy juice from that wasn't so expensive because I was burning through it so fast. I figure I might also pop over to the search and look for posts on best places to buy juice as well. I have an extra coil. Would you recommend buying coils from elsewhere too?

Here's a dumb newbie question. Where would I look to see if my juice is leaking?

And thank you for the quick reply!

There are hundreds of places to pick out juice from, if you want PM me and I'll share some of my personal favorites. Lots of places probably have better rates and more nic options than your B&M is offering you.

You'd notice juice leaking for the most part, coming out of airflow holes and getting on your hands. Although its just as likely that you're just going through it fast, since 6mg doesn't seem to do it for you.

Buying coils from your local shop should be fine, the prices shouldn't be too different than online. At least that's what I've experienced.

cheldear

Jul 15, 2016
Texas
Thanks so much for the reply. Yes, the coils at my local guy are $4.95. Apparently, I can't message until I have 5 posts... I think that's what the welcome information said when I joined. In the message area and on your profile, there's no way for me to message, and I'm almost certain of the latter. I apologize for that. As soon as I have fulfilled the obligatory 5 messages I will message you. Thank you so much for the offer of information!

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Hello all.

I'm a new member. I just started vaping a few days ago. I've quit and restarted smoking several times, restarting a few weeks ago after quitting for over six months. Anyway, I hadn't been able to give it up, and doing the patch is impossible for me. They won't stick to me!

So I decided to try vaping. Went to the local store, got outfitted with the Aspire K4 Quick Start Kit and some juice. Got a lot of instructions. The nicotine levels they had were 1, 3 and 6. He started me on a 3--I went back and he added more to make it a 6.

The first and second day were fine--I could get what I needed nicotine-wise. Last night (day 2) and this morning (beginning of day 3) my liquid is going like crazy! This morning, I canNOT get any nicotine satisfaction, and now my liquid has gone by half in the chamber thingy.

I've tried many things--closing the air thingy, opening it up, closing it midway--inhaling more at one time with fewer in between, doing smaller puffs, but nothing seems to be giving me any nicotine. I feel like I'm still sitting around nic'ing out, or as if I've had one puff of a cigarette.

The liquid I am using is one that they create themselves. It's very good. They do make it in advance, and he said nothing about steeping it. He did tell me that as a newbie, I'd probably use it a lot. The first day though, the juice barely moved, and I didn't have to replace it until late on the second night before bed. Now, it's the morning after, and the tank is less than half full.

Please help with ideas. I'd greatly appreciate it!
You need a higher level of nic.

6 mg us ok if yoy are vaping at .5 ohms.

If you are vaping at 1.2 ohms try vaping 12 mg or higher i started at 18 Mg nic on the old Kanger coil heads.

Reactions: cheldear

TunaMang

Jun 28, 2016
I agree that you probably need a higher nic content. As for coils, are you referring to a full coil of wire like a spool or just the coil itself.
Also I find it helps to use a e-liquid with menthol. Because cigarettes have very addictive components other than the nicotine and the fact that a part of it is psychological (such as the hand-to-mouth action, the visual of you blowing out smoke and the deep breaths) make it important for you to use something that gives you a throat hit similar to that of cigarettes when you start out. Using an e-liquid with menthol in it gives a similar feeling to that throat hit.
Take care dude. Let us know how it goes

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
If they are simply dripping drops into a bottle to add nicotine to it, they might have weak nicotine, mistaken a 48mg instead of 100mg bottle, not shaken the bottle well enough, giving you "hot spots" of nicotine in the liquid. Such mix as you go stores are not something I'd recommend unless it is certain that they are doing it right. If they didn't tell you about steeping is another tell-tale sign. (and don't forget that if you are going through lots of liquids and money is an issue, you can look into getting some DIY kits that would be a fraction in price, and just requires patience, time to read up on how to do it correctly, and being hands-on)

You should get just a bottle or two of manufactured liquids with 6mg (that unless extreme bad luck and getting a bad batch, would be certified as the proper levels), just to see if you'd find a difference, and give you a precedent to base yourself for what it should be.

With a sub-ohm device, going higher than 6mg might end up being quite harsh, everyone I know that switched to sub-ohm and used to be 12 and up, have almost all switched to 3mg (some 6mg but no higher). Sub-ohm vaping delivers the nicotine at a much higher capacity.

Last edited:

gingertalk196

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
New Jersey
I agree, I think your nicotine level is too low. I'm not high tech when it comes to vaping and probably am what you might call a Tootle Puffer but if you do a search for BrotherBob, he offers a lot of useful help to newbie's, nicotine level, devices, etc.
Mount Baker Vapor has a pretty responsible staff and they also have devices and lots of inexpensive juices to choose from. Hope this helps.

cheldear

Jul 15, 2016
Texas
Thank you to everyone for your advice. I don't understand all of it, but I'm researching all of the links that BrotherBob put out.

BrotherBob, thank you for letting me know it's an advanced device. The Vapor Shop that sold it to me sold it as a starter kit. Thank you so much for the links.

Went to another local shop just to get me through the weekend before I can get some online per your recommendations, and they were very helpful. They put me at a 10, and made sure that it worked for me before I left (actually we increased it to a 10.) I did ask about steeping, and the woman had never heard of it, which made me a bit leery. However, I had planned to buy my juice online from that point forward, so it was moot.

Both my vape shops do add the nicotine with drops so they can adjust the levels.

Thank you djsvapor for the coil recommendation. I am assuming by your recommendation that I can use a different coil than the one that was provided in my starter kit--meaning, one that is supposed to go with an Aspire?

I will learn what a sub-ohm is. Hopefully it is in one of BrotherBob's links. Again, thank you for those.

TunaMang, I was referring to the coil itself. Just buying the regular coil that I replace the regular coil with. I don't know much, except that I'm supposed to buy coils to replace the one I have when I get a burning taste.

Thanks again everyone. If I missed anyone's recommendations or questions, I apologize.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Thank you to everyone for your advice. I don't understand all of it, but I'm researching all of the links that BrotherBob put out.

BrotherBob, thank you for letting me know it's an advanced device. The Vapor Shop that sold it to me sold it as a starter kit. Thank you so much for the links.

Went to another local shop just to get me through the weekend before I can get some online per your recommendations, and they were very helpful. They put me at a 10, and made sure that it worked for me before I left (actually we increased it to a 10.) I did ask about steeping, and the woman had never heard of it, which made me a bit leery. However, I had planned to buy my juice online from that point forward, so it was moot.

Both my vape shops do add the nicotine with drops so they can adjust the levels.

Thank you djsvapor for the coil recommendation. I am assuming by your recommendation that I can use a different coil than the one that was provided in my starter kit--meaning, one that is supposed to go with an Aspire?

I will learn what a sub-ohm is. Hopefully it is in one of BrotherBob's links. Again, thank you for those.

TunaMang, I was referring to the coil itself. Just buying the regular coil that I replace the regular coil with. I don't know much, except that I'm supposed to buy coils to replace the one I have when I get a burning taste.

Thanks again everyone. If I missed anyone's recommendations or questions, I apologize.
Technically sub ohming is using coil or coils less than 1 ohm. I prefer the coil in my attys to be .8 ohm. So i am a sub ohmer. Other coils are built much lower .2-.5ohms.

Lower resistance means hotter coils and using more eJuice.

My .8 ohm coils has better flavor than 1.5 ohm and doesnt use as much Juice as a .3 ohm

cheldear

Jul 15, 2016
Texas
Technically sub ohming is using coil or coils less than 1 ohm. I prefer the coil in my attys to be .8 ohm. So i am a sub ohmer. Other coils are built much lower .2-.5ohms.

Lower resistance means hotter coils and using more eJuice.

My .8 ohm coils has better flavor than 1.5 ohm and doesnt use as much Juice as a .3 ohm
Oh okay. So it's okay then to use a coil that has a different ohm than the spec on my Aspire? Please forgive my ignorance. Electrical engineering was never my strong suit. :)

Reactions: dcfluegel

Continuity

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
NW, UK
Oh okay. So it's okay then to use a coil that has a different ohm than the spec on my Aspire? Please forgive my ignorance. Electrical engineering was never my strong suit. :)
Yes - there'll be a range that'll be in the manual, but it'll be something like 0.1-3 Ohms.

Oh. I'm an idiot. I'm sorry everyone. I am sub-ohming at 0.27. My husband is an electrical engineer. I math. Apparently not well enough today.
How many Watts are you vaping that coil at?

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Oh. I'm an idiot. I'm sorry everyone. I am sub-ohming at 0.27. My husband is an electrical engineer. I math. Apparently not well enough today.

welcome cheldear ... sub-ohming at 0.27 will go through juice.

keep at it though ... smoking is dead :smokie:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread