New member saying "Hello"

Status
Not open for further replies.

xTonyTx

Verified Member
Feb 9, 2013
AZ
Hello everyone,

I've been lurking the forums trying to find all the info I can and figure out as much as I can about this wonderful new thing I've become to really enjoy.

I'd been smoking on and off for the last 15 years. Maybe a pack every couple days or just bumming smokes here and there because as much as I would have liked to quit, just about everyone I'm friends with, or work with, is a smoker.

My first experience with eCigs was with the Blu's. I am a contractor working in Kuwait so I asked my wife (we live in Arizona) to go to Walgreens and pick me up the Blue kit along with a pack of each of the flavors. While I waited I did some educating through the forums and contacted a few vendors to see what they would suggest for me.

Before my Blu eCigs arrived I got a reply from VaporKings.com and they suggested the e-smart kit.

To be honest, I really didnt mind the Blu eCigs, other than the extremely short battery life having to charge (in the pack) after each use and the silly blue light at the end. Other than that, very convenient.

I got my e-smart a few days later and I was hooked. The experience is 10 times better and the flavors much more intense and enjoyable.

Im really interested in ordering a realy nice mod, but it seems availability is often an issue and you have to jump in when one comes available.

Thanks for reading, Cya 'round!
TonyT.

jakerz_505

Jan 23, 2013
New Mexico
A nice cheep durable mod that I would suggest is the itaste mvp its got great battery life an is variable voltage to 5.0 volts I use mine daily an charge it once a week. Ivape.net is where I picked mine up from $55.25 is what I paid for mine no shipping cost and received it in about 5 days they have a discount code in the description of the product if you take a look regular price is about 65.99 or so.

wmacy1028

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
West Chester Ohio
Welcome to ECF, And congrats on quitting analogs. Now to your question. I currently use the Segelei Zmax and love it, this is variable voltage and variable wattage yet to fail me. I do hear alot of people bragging about their VAMO's here is the big difference to me with the two.. really functionally it is price. ZMAX = 100.00 VAMO = 50.00 keep in mind that when buying a mod, some are just for the tube. so you need to purchase for example 18650 IMR protected batteries, a charger and whatever you wish to put on top. IE, carto | Clearo | Atty . Oh and i dont know enough about why not to do it. but i guess i am just being a trained monkey here but never stack batteries.. i hear it is more of a chance of catastrophic failure. Oh well. i am on 2 hours sleep and have to go to work for 8 hours in another few.. so this is my pathetic ramblings.. Enjoy.. Oh.. sorry.. my favorite setup for an all day vape that is reliable, satisfying.. Ego Twist with a CE4 style stardust.. (stardust not my favorite clearo, but sturdy and they dont leak for me)

xTonyTx

Verified Member
Feb 9, 2013
AZ
Thanks everybody. Glad to be here.

I know I'm likely missing out, but I've been very happy with the e-smart so far. I just hate going through so many clearomisers, because ordering more (of the ones it come with) has been difficult. I've been very liberal trying juice after juice as they arrive.

When the time comes, I'll definitely be getting into the more advanced mods. I'm really attracted to the brass and chrome accents along with the detail and quality of the Caravela line.

Got a few juices steeping and more on the way.

So far my favorite flavors have been:
  • Vaporkings: Pina Colada, and Raspberry
  • Heather's Heavenly Vapes: Legend, Heavenly Tobacco, watermelon w/ menthol, and Atomic Grasshopper

On the way:
  • High Desert Vapes: Black & Mild, Caramelnut Mocha, Irish Creme, Monster Energy, and Peanut Butter Cup
  • RAWR: Truth Serum, Hawaii Sunset

I like the nicotine levels in the 15-18mg range. It just so happened one of the vendors reversed the vg/pg on two of my flavors, but I'm really glad they did cause I don't mind finding out what I like, and don't like, for future orders. The 30/70 pg/vg range goes down smooth, but I like the 70/30 pg/vg much better.

I've been a Marlboro Menthol Light smoker for years. However, I've also found I like just a touch of menthol in some of the flavors it compliments.

xTonyTx

Verified Member
Feb 9, 2013
AZ
Got on the phone with a very nice rep for VapeRev.com and next thing you know...

VapeRevOrder_zps3d491b3a.jpg

The mod on the left is the GUS Telescopic in Stainless Steel.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Welcome Tony! Yep, you have the works there. Spend some time in the main forums once you get your 15 posts in and you will get an education in vaping pretty quickly. BTW, don't fret about the Blu purchase. We all need backup and that's as good as any. You don't want to be caught without a way to vape. It leads back to the tobacco habit.

xTonyTx

Verified Member
Feb 9, 2013
AZ
I'm really liking the new setup so far. Been about a week now since I started using the GUS mod and the atomizer. It's been great and as of now I prefer it's simplicity to the evic. The evic looks great though and when I have time to sit down and see what it's all about, im sure I'll use it more.

Looking into rebuildable atomizers with a Genisis type tank setup. Though I prefer the atomizers I have now to the clearomizers on the e-smart, the constant dripping is bothersome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread