Status
Not open for further replies.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
The whistle tip should fit, if it's too long for the tube, cut a little bit off the bottom of the cartridge. I was a whistle tip user for 18 months! I know how he feels!

He holds them in his mouth, hands free, much of the time especially when working on his book, on computer. He vapes like a cigar or pipe smoker; lots of short puffs and clouds of vapor around his face. No wonder his eye was dry and bothering him after his cataract surgery.

I've gotten in several cartos for him to try so he doesn't have to top up the carts but haven't gotten round to loading one for him. Actually, over two months I've tested several cartos that didn't pass my tests so I knew not to give them to him. He doesn't like too much TH, but extreme vapor, not too warm, not too airy, and juice has to be 100% VG. I think we really lucked out starting him on 801 before we knew much about vaping. It's easier to get all the above mentioned things with the 801.

If only the batteries lasted longer.

I'm a dedicated mod girl now, most of the time. The Reos have really spoiled me.

While I'm here I have to put in a plug for Bruce's juices. DH has a problem, sometimes severe, with PG. I think I'm developing some issues too. Bruce sent me a complimentary bottle of Blueberry Pancake, last week, and it is the first Blueberry anything I've been able to vape, not even steeped yet, and I LOVE IT.

I haven't been turned off in any way by any of Bruces Juices. DH only knows the name of two juices. He usually takes the bottle and loaded attys that I hand him. I just opened up COV Taboo, the other night, after letting it steep for a while.. Oh my doG!!!!! What a great surprise. Gave DH a toke from drip device, he asked the name of it and few minutes later he asked for a bottle of Taboo, by name. He usually doesn't want to be bothered by "small stuff". Evidently TABOO is not "small stuff".

Alice

Last edited:

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
I was an LR atty junkie! Top feeder only until the CE2's came along. I tried several cartos but hated them. I finally sold all my atties because I haven't touched them in a few months. I would have never believed it before these things. The tube mod is my heaven for now!

The tube mod is going to be the closest thing to a good bottom feeder, as anything, while still retaining the pen or cig style. I prefer my bottom feeders to anything, but I don't dare carry them out working in the woods. The tube mod, on my Roughstak is going to be ideal.

I only use cartos occasionally. They have their place but can't compare to dripping, if one wants the hassle, or E2s or bottom feeders, for no hassle, consistent vaping.

Alice

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
I take mine in the woods but use a homemade lanyard! I'd die if I ever lost my Binky! LOL

If I wore a lanyard I'd either hang myself or one of the bouncy young dogs would get something hung in it.

I know what you mean. I needed a button tweak on GrandE and Rob had to convince me to let go of it for a short time. I dragged my feet for a month. My puppies have carried several mods towards the doggie door. Luckily caught them before they made it outside. Not so lucky with hundreds of other things. I'm learning to protect my Reos a lot better. Shoot they hardly ever leave my hands unless a task needs two hands. Main problem is that Rose, Australian Cattle Monster, steals things when I'm right there but not looking. So far she hasn't destroyed anything but lets the others do it.

She carries in a lot of things, too. In past month she has brought me a whole case of mason jars from the greenhouse. One never knows what they will take out or bring in. Granted the doggie door to the courtyard and front fenced yard is Mastiff sized but we wonder how they've been able to fit some things through it. I'm talking logs here and long bushy tree limbs. Just never know.

One thing, it's never dull here.

Alice

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
The whistle tip should fit, if it's too long for the tube, cut a little bit off the bottom of the cartridge. I was a whistle tip user for 18 months! I know how he feels!

Hey storminyte, I took your suggestion and ordered a couple of these....can't wait to get them :).

Thanks for the tip!

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
how do you remove the tube and put it back on?

I don't have one yet, but four on the way, yea!!

I woud imagine they are not removable without cutting off just like the steel E2s but I'd be very happy to learn differently. That would make cleaning them, by boiling, a possibility. And refurbing the wick if it starts to fray too much.

Alice

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Yes, the tube is removable, just put the cart on a batty and gently pull it straight off. It just slips off and back on pretty easily, that's the nice thing about it. And, it doesn't leak! Makes for easy cleaning of the CE2. I'll put together a few tips for everyone and post it.

Wow, that would be super. And they do come apart. Are you by any chance the maker of these?

Here was my first experience with a supposidly E2 R4, which wasn't and one in the box was so full of primer it leaked out of the package when I opened it. These were not from Bruce. These were shipped from China at the very first introduction of the rev. 4.

I removed the wick and used it for something else. Besides it wasn't long enough.

IMG_4331-1.jpg

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
Bruce will have more in stock later today. I can't tell you exactly how long one would last, I have used a few rotating for the last few months and have not lost one yet. The resistance right now is either 2.5 or 3.0 ohms. The 2.6-2.8 will be later. It holds almost 2ml of juice. They last me almost all day.
We may be offering the replacement cut CE2's in the near future.

@westamyx- that looks pretty bad! You don't need the filler stuff! Also, the wicks don't necessarily need to go all the way to the bottom of the cart, the manufacturer says they're fixing them to be longer but I haven't seen them yet. If you just roll the cart a little the juice sticks to the wick. I've vaped mine dry with short wicks, no problem.
If you are concerned about it, you can very gently pull on the loops and make it longer. Just be careful not to mess the coil up.

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
I should be getting mine tomorrow at 2.5 ohms. I'm really happy that users are stating that they are comparable to their LR attys because ever since LRs came out, I've basically stored away all my standard res. attys since the warmth and taste and throathit of the LR atties are second to none. Now that i have a journeyman, I can resurrect the standard ohm attys and vape at 6volt on the journeyman.

Also, now that i learned you can take the clear tubing off and give it a clean, that is MUCH better and now much more convenient.

For cleaning, do you guys suggest to just run hot water through it, do a couple try burns and then fill with liquid? Or do you suggest to take the tubing out clean out the tube, clean out the wick, etc...and then reassemble and do a few dry burns to dry out the water?

Also, one last question, lol - I intend to use these on a journeyman 3.7v (18650 battery), do you think the JM will be able to fill the clear cartomizer like it would feed an atty? In otherwords, I would first fill the carto with 2 mill, then when it's all out, I would then use the JM to fill the clear carto AGAIN with 2ml. I guess what i'm asking is can it feed from the bottom of the connection for bottom fed boxes, or is the only way to fill them is from the top using a syringe or dripping down the sides and around the cylindrical tube?

Thanks all for the help in advance. Can't wait to see how these compare to LR attys.

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
I can't tell you exactly how long one would last, I have used a few rotating for the last few months and have not lost one yet.

If these are regular CE2 cartoz, but with clear tube mod, but using the same wick as the ceramic cartomizers, I'm still wondering how these would last longer. It doesnt seem to have anything different on the inside (as seen in the pictures) to indicate that these would last longer, the atty coil is the same right? Or maybe has that been upgraded to last longer?

The reason i ask, is because even the new ceramic cartos only last about 10 refills if I clean them nicely and make sure not to dry burn, so i'm wondering how the technical data can compare, and how it makes them last longer. Anyway, even if i get 1 month out of it, it's worth the money, but was just wondering from a technical/geek standpoint.

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
JR- I simply rinse these under hot water for a few seconds, dry burn and fill. Others use vodka and boils but I never saw the need.
I'm not sure about the JM with the XL tubes, give it a try, Bruce says they use the short ones on the wetbox, although I can't wrap my brain around it because the tube at the bottom goes up to the ceramic cup. You'd think it would flood the cup??

The tube mods are exactly the same inside as the stock cartos, the only difference is, obviously clear but also a slight bit larger tube. I can't explain why it works better than the stock carts, maybe more airflow and the larger tube helps with the wicking.
I guarantee you I've refilled mine many more than 10 times! But I do clean it after every 1.5 refills. Maybe it keeps the gunk off the coil, I really don't know and can only speak from my experiences.
Hope this helps, I will post my tips later this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread