New Mod, Coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thorn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
TX, USA
The atomizer supplied with the Mini VapeStack seems to be a little smaller diameter than another atomizer I got somewhere else. Makes for a very tight fit getting on drip tips (including the one that came with it). I can't just push them on (even pushing hard), I have to twist them before they'll go on. Maybe the other atomizer I have is just bigger than normal. I haven't had enough of them yet to know which one is off from normal. Aside from that, Like Yankee802, I find it needs a second or two to really get the vapor going, with both atomizers.

uzzaperez

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Perez-uzza to this day
Ok, extended tube for 5v? How is that gonna work, I mean battery wise? Wont we have to use/get 5v batteries?

I put the atty that came with the VapeStack on my SB @ 6v, works just fine. I use my VapeStack with my cartos mostly, perfect fit in the hand for on the go.

Hmmm. I haven't had any delay with my switch. I have noticed that I have to hold it all the way down with just a touch of firm pressure - but I like that because there is less chance of accidental button pressage when it is packed or pocketed. I love this thing, it is perfect with the new Premium or Turbo KR cartomizers or LR atties. Small, light, well built and simple. I love this thing.

I'm just watching this thread for any new info on a 5 volt option. I'm guessing we'll see the 6 volt option first, since that is probably just an extended battery cup. The 5 volt option will likely require another switch/top to regulate the 6 volt battery cup to 5 volts.

I'm really hoping to see the 5 volt option. 6 volts is just too much - shortens atty life a lot and IMO the vapor is too hot. Hoog! A 5 volt option will make this THE PERFECT mod. Once options are out I'll be ordering a couple back ups and saying goodbye to other mods. I'm only waiting to order more for my back up storage in case a 5 volt option does end up being a separate switch cap.

uzzaperez

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Perez-uzza to this day
Quick update on my Mini VapeStack experience. I had it in my lap when I hopped out of my car - so I accidentally launched it about four feet into a brick wall which it bounced off of and then skittered across the concrete. It still vapes like a charm, so my point is I guess these little guys are pretty sturdy too.

dionymnia

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Quick update on my Mini VapeStack experience. I had it in my lap when I hopped out of my car - so I accidentally launched it about four feet into a brick wall which it bounced off of and then skittered across the concrete. It still vapes like a charm, so my point is I guess these little guys are pretty sturdy too.

I'm glad it didn't break, but I gotta say that I laughed when I read your experience - not in a mean-spirited way, but at the awesomeness that the VS is that solid! :D

I haven't had any misfortunes (I'm shocked - usually when I get some new piece of tech, I do something to it within the first week), so it's comforting to know that it can take a beating. ;)

- D

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
I thought LR atties were the standard? Or are they "lower resistance" than standard? Never occurred to me there might be 3 kinds (without going over HR).

I think there's about a dozen or more kinds now! lol.

LR is lower resistance - usually 1.5 to 1.8 ohm depending on who you get 'em from. Joye 510s are 2.2 - 2.3 ohm.

I think most of the VapeStacks shipped with 3.3 ohm SLBs. IMO they're great at 5v, but at 3.7, not so much.

Hoog has said he's got some LR 510s coming in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread