New Mod -- the BombShell

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEB

Unregistered Supplier
May 19, 2010
Chicago
www.hotvapes.com
We at HotVapes are stoked to have our exclusive new mod in time for the holidays. Its somewhat spartan design is purposely minimalist. This mod may most appeal to those looking for a vape that is big yet simple. The BombShell is solid aluminum with a recessed brass button. For details, check it out on the site -- and also Spikey's review.

We hope you'll find the price point attractive and we're offering free USPS Priority shipping through Jan. 3 on all orders $49 and up.

Attachments

• customs4.jpg
    customs4.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 1,172

JEB

Unregistered Supplier
May 19, 2010
Chicago
www.hotvapes.com
Just placed an order. Great price and I have been looking for an all day device to take out with me. One question can it be activated when in your pocket? Just curious. Looking forward to getting this!!

Hey. We received your order and you should receive it soon -- you are close. To answer your question, I have not had the Shell activate in my pocket. The button seems to be recessed enough that this is not a problem. You can roll it across a flat surface as well, and it will not activate. We hope you love it. Happy vaping.

Wench

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Pensacola, Fl.
So tempted by that blue one.. eeep.
Couple of question's..
The button states it is brass-
Is that a tact switch or is it mechanical? What is the rating on it?
And if it goes kaput, is it user serviceable? ( soldiered in or drop in, wires / no wires, etc etc?)
If not user serviceable, what is the warranty period and repair options on it if needed?

Last edited:

JEB

Unregistered Supplier
May 19, 2010
Chicago
www.hotvapes.com
So tempted by that blue one.. eeep.
Couple of question's..
The button states it is brass-
Is that a tact switch or is it mechanical? What is the rating on it?
And if it goes kaput, is it user serviceable? ( soldiered in or drop in, wires / no wires, etc etc?)
If not user serviceable, what is the warranty period and repair options on it if needed?

The switch is electronic and probably not very user-serviceable. I am not actually sure the rating on it but I have vaped it at 7.4v without a problem. We do have a six-month guarantee covering mechanical failure due to manufacturing defect, which basically means that if the switch fails and you have not dropped your mod in a bucket of water, we'll have it fixed for you.

jcamacho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Corpus Christi, Texas
The switch is electronic and probably not very user-serviceable. I am not actually sure the rating on it but I have vaped it at 7.4v without a problem. We do have a six-month guarantee covering mechanical failure due to manufacturing defect, which basically means that if the switch fails and you have not dropped your mod in a bucket of water, we'll have it fixed for you.

The switch is electronic, similar to the Saber or Precious? Those are the only other mods I can think of with electronic switches.

JEB

Unregistered Supplier
May 19, 2010
Chicago
www.hotvapes.com
Electronic in the sense that when the button is pressed the circuit is connected electronically as opposed to mechanically. When I was a child we used to call this solid state.

I just took one of my prototypes apart to look inside and confirm. There is a circuit in there. I presume this to mean an electronic connection, whereas manual is when you press a button forcing two pieces of metal together such as the battery and contact.

If I am incorrect in my understanding of the two definitions, I would love it if someone more knowledgeable would enlighten us. I really do not know the details of such things as well as some other forum members. Does anyone care to ring in regarding my description above and confirm whether I am on the right track as to my thinking?

Wench

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Pensacola, Fl.
I just took one of my prototypes apart to look inside and confirm. There is a circuit in there. I presume this to mean an electronic connection, whereas manual is when you press a button forcing two pieces of metal together such as the battery and contact.

If I am incorrect in my understanding of the two definitions, I would love it if someone more knowledgeable would enlighten us. I really do not know the details of such things as well as some other forum members. Does anyone care to ring in regarding my description above and confirm whether I am on the right track as to my thinking?

Anyway to post a pic? Sounds like a standard tact switch.
Seeing it we can tell you exactly what it is as alot of us have had many mod's we've had to take apart, rebuild and mess with. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread