New, need reccomendations for kit and liquid :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiktion

Jul 13, 2010
vancouver
Hello, I am new so i thought i would give some background info that may help first:

-Been smoking regular cigs for 10 years
-About a pack a day habit
-Want to kick tobacco to the curb and see vaping as the best way

I will keep it short and sweet, I am a noob and with my research I have picked the Volcano Magma as the kit i will most likely be buying (although i may change that.) Is this a good kit? I have read and watched reviews for a few different kits and the Magma although not amazing seems to be pretty well liked.

Secondly, I need some reccomendations on tobacco flavored liquid. I enjoy Parliament Lights and Marb Lights as far as flavor goes and would like to know if there is anyone who has found a good liquid that is close to that kind of flavor. Also i am Canadian so I am very used to smoking 100% Virginia tobacco (almost 100% of smokes in Canada are 100% Virginia) so some recommendations about some good Virgina tobacco liquid would also be nice.

Thanks in advance!!!

jwquantrell

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2010
Auburn, WA
In my humble opinion I would just skip the whole first step that most have taken and go right to a Tornado/Ego kit. I had never heard of the Volcano, but to me it looks like it is a 510 kit, and a little overpriced if you ask me.
There are a couple new upgrades to the Tornado/Ego that may even be better for you, but the point is I wouldn't bother with the small battery models.
Do just a tad bit of research here on the boards. I am sure most of your research wasn't done here as I haven't seen anyone raving about the Volcano.
Hope this helps you and welcome to vaping.

Regards
Jim

fiktion

Jul 13, 2010
vancouver
In my humble opinion I would just skip the whole first step that most have taken and go right to a Tornado/Ego kit. I had never heard of the Volcano, but to me it looks like it is a 510 kit, and a little overpriced if you ask me.

Thanks for the info, the tornado looks pretty nice. As far as price goes i think they are the same (79.99)

fiktion

Jul 13, 2010
vancouver
Right. but what jw is saying is that the Volcano for $79.99 is a 510 kit that can be had most places for much less, and the eGo has a 5-7 hr battery life while the 510 lasts an hour on the battery if you are lucky.

Ahh I see what you mean. I guess the hardest thing for me (and i am sure most noobs) is that this is all so new to me. I guess i will continue to read and watch reviews and hopefully then i will learn which companies are known for quality products (i don't mind paying more IF it means better quality)

Also if anyone has any suggestions for good tobacco liquid i would love to hear what you have to say as well, thanks again.

oettinger

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
Tampa, Fl.
Just be sure to read and watch reviews here. The reviews you see on youtube, or so called review sites are ALL paid advertisements.

There are many here that have hundreds of PV's, ans we are not allowed to give "paid advertisements" The opinions and reviews here are just what they sat they are, a way for people to tell what they think. AND, even if the reviewer was given the PV to review, they have to disclose the fact in the review.

oettinger

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
Tampa, Fl.

mphsjeep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I wish I would have found a forum and asked when I first started.............everyone is getting you in the right direction!!!!
IMO the Tornado/Ego is a must....I got the Tornado because it came with 2 atomizers. You can use my Totally Wicked discount code if you want the Tornado, it is 31386 and will give you basically free shipping.
As far as the Volcano....well it is OK for a starter 510 kit BUT i use a Revolver Gemini as a back up, this kit comes with a manual battery(you want this), auto battery and two kinds of atomizers and the charger case(PCC) charges manual batteries...the Magma from volcano does not. Link below:
Revolvercig.com

Also there is a less expensive version of the Tornado/eGo out there called the Riva.
http://www.vaporjunction.com/store/...ath=42&zenid=6cb237d74d87eca843f122f1b288fd17
Looks like it is sold out and Im not sure who else has it.
Good luck!!!!

jwquantrell

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2010
Auburn, WA
Right. but what jw is saying is that the Volcano for $79.99 is a 510 kit that can be had most places for much less, and the eGo has a 5-7 hr battery life while the 510 lasts an hour on the battery if you are lucky.

Cignot has REAL joye 510's for $35.00 Joye 510 NO BOX

Exactly, if you really want to do the first step that we all do just to see if you like it you can't go wrong with getting the 510 that Oettinger linked for you above. That way, if you discover that vaping isn't for you, you will only be out $35.
I figured that if you were willing to shell out $79 you could just get one of the bigger battery models and be one step ahead of most of us. Check out the Riva also. I believe that it is a little bigger battery than the Tornado.
I did a ton of research and review watching when I first got into this and I still ended up with wasted money. I am just hoping to help you avoid that.

Ahh I see what you mean. I guess the hardest thing for me (and i am sure most noobs) is that this is all so new to me. I guess i will continue to read and watch reviews and hopefully then i will learn which companies are known for quality products (i don't mind paying more IF it means better quality)

Also if anyone has any suggestions for good tobacco liquid i would love to hear what you have to say as well, thanks again.

Well, you may or may not like to vape tobacco flavored e liquid. Just have fun with trying new flavors and remember that your taste will be changing as once you stop smoking your taste buds come back to life. There are tons of threads on e liquid here on ECF so kick back and check them out.
For myself, I mix my own and am very happy with it, though I do treat myself to a bottle of Halo every once in awhile.

Regards
Jim

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
fiktion, hi, how ya doin'? There are TONS of options. Cignot is a great supplier with a great reputation around here but I find their selection a bit limited as they only seem to carry 510 equipment. They have really good prices but so do some other venders. I always suggest that newbies stay away from suppliers who "brand" the models they sell and don't tell the buyer what the model actually is. Before you order from Cignot (which is great for the 510) look around at some other options first.
Read this thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...st-electronic-cigarette-first-time-vaper.html
then go to these sites and check out their products. Welcome to MadVapes LLC and https://www.vaporkings.com/aboutus.asp
I'm not trying to overwhelm you with the choices but I'd like you to be aware that the 510, although a great unit, isn't the only good one out there.

oettinger

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
Tampa, Fl.
Wow you guys have been a HUGE help. I will be reading through all of the info you have provided. I just have one more question for the time being. Are the units you guys have mentioned here made in the USA or Europe? I would prefer not buying an e-cig from china, or is that unavoidable?

Thanks for everything!

EVERY PV is either made in China, or has China made parts in it. Some of the mods are "made in america" but they are in the hundreds of dollars typically.

rhsmitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
St. Louis
Even the mods still use China atomizers. The mods are mostly just larger battery mods for existing atomizers. To my knowledge, there is no USA made atomizer which is the heart and sole of the eCig.

You can't go wrong with the eGo/Riva for starters. The Riva does have a slightly larger battery capacity than the ego and can be found a little cheaper.

Once you get the right stuff, you will no longer need analogs. It WORKS! I quit completly as of 6/1/10 after 35 years of smoking and given up on the idea of being able to quit.

Vapor Station (E Cigarette, E-Liquid, Smoking vaporizer, Janty - Vapor Station) has some VERY good tobacco flavors and they carry Virgina. You can get a sample kit of 10 x 5ML for $25.

Good luck to you and welcome to the wonderfull world of vaping.
:toast:

flbutterfly1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2010
Interlachen, Florida
I have a Magma and it is a 510 I enjoy Volcanoes juice and accessories, but I just bought another 510 from Joye 510 | Joye 510 kit | Joye 510 atomizer | joye 510 case | catridges it comes with 2 atomizers, and 2 manual batteries, 5 carts and a charger. $49.99 They also sell cartomizers which have the atomizer built into the cartridge.My first purchase was from Volcano and the Magma is great it does seem very simple to buy the $79.99 kit but you will still want to get at least one extra atomizer and some juice to refill with. I liked that I could buy everything i needed to get started in a kit that was already put together, but you may want different options than what comes in that kit so I would suggest the options that i would rather have 2batts, 2 atty's, 1 charger, and 5-10 cartridges that you can refill . So decide what you would rather have for your money an extra charger and cartridges or an extra atty and some flavors of juice.

fordch

Moved On
Jul 1, 2010
Ohio
  • Deleted by Elendil
  • Reason: Services no longer required.

radicaljd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
Wow you guys have been a HUGE help. I will be reading through all of the info you have provided. I just have one more question for the time being. Are the units you guys have mentioned here made in the USA or Europe? I would prefer not buying an e-cig from china, or is that unavoidable?

Thanks for everything!

The Chinese make good hardware, especiallly the Joye eGo, which is what I am using. But personally I would avoid the Chinese-made e-liquids. The US-made liquids are generally more expensive, but definitely worth it.

RadicalJD

Shaka

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Honolulu, HI
789 is right PS's price on the duel eGo is $49.99. That's a lot better than the $79.99 I've seen elsewhere. You get 2 cones and a bottle of juice too. Too bad I just got a Riva last friday. Here's a link. PureSmoker.com - USA Electronic Cigarettes & USA Made eLiquid!!!

You're right Mist, awesome deal (lowest I've seen) for genuine Joyes..2 cones, bottle of juice, and a pouch too! Even seems like you could get the set w/ 2 different colors also. But, as they say, there is no end to waiting...I think prices of e-cigswill continue to decline (like calculators did and computers) for a while.

Don't know how you like your Rivas, but I like mine better than my eGos...just mo. That 100mAH extra does make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread