New, New XL Manuals Are Perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamvector

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Wisconsin
Thanks, Jam. You cinched it for me. :thumb:

No prob; have you tried any of the new shorty mans yet? They work great, same as the new XL's, just don't last very long (as expected). I'm finding it's nice to have a couple for stealth vaping though, or to keep my wife from asking "do you always have to have those things sticking out of your pocket all the time?" :)

lizziebith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Austin, TX
Just got my first XL an hour ago...and I LOVE it! I loved my pass-through, but got annoyed after a time with the wire. This new batt is the perfect replacement!

And I love the bronze color -- to me it looked more like the old copper 510 I used to own (I felt the actual VK copper looked a little orangey in the pictures) -- and I was right! This bronze is a gorgeous coppery color. Now the final feature needed (and the last thing I miss from my old 510) would be a purple LED... ;)

Anyway, great job on the batts -- now I'm off to order a few more!

dEEzPuffs

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
Southern Cal
Better switches...nice! Can't wait. I thought they were already Li-Ion tho :oops:

What type of battery are the old ones? I thought they were all li-ion...no?
The battery life on my old ones are excellent as they are. One lasts me 1.5-2 cartos...

...I guess I'll have to find out how long my old XLs last before I order some new ones.

I was wondering and thought the same. Anyone have an answer?

Another comment implying that the old ones are not lithium...jmoney second post....http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vapor4life/90239-new-new-xl-manuals-perfect.html#post1344242

Last edited:

geeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Neither here nor there
The previous batteries were def Li Ion, and I believe the new ones are as well - anything other than Li Ion would be going backwards, and that's not the V4L style. I think Leaford's comment only implied a "better" Li Ion battery, which translates to me as more capacity, but I defer to their response of course.

I think you're right, Jam.

jamvector

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Wisconsin
i got some shorty manuals and autos a couple weeks ago. How can I confirm they are the NEW ones? are the new ones the ones that dont work with the push in type chargers?

You can tell the new manuals because the button switch protrudes more from the battery than the old ones which were nearly flush; not sure on the autos, don't use em.

toad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2010
Colorado
Thanks for the heads up, guys. Listen, could anyone describe the shades of the 'gun metal' and 'bronze'? Dark, light, nice, ugly...? They're on my radar.

Here is the short copper and XL bronze side by side..

imag0022as.jpg

Last edited:

jamvector

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Wisconsin
I can't say enough about the new XL Batts!

I was addicted to my USB PT for that extra kick......but the other day I happened to go from it to the new Manual XL battery and it gave me a bigger better hit than the PT!! Now my PT just lays there on the desk in a sad coiled up heap.......

I'm with ya on this one Wader; I hardly ever use my PT anymore.

sideburn

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
cardiff, ca
www.sideburn.com
The airholes in new shorties are smaller; about the same size as regular manuals. The draw is much tighter and the switch is more responsive. And they have a crown on the opposite side of the V4L logo.

Ah thats the info i needed. I never had any v4l batteries before so nothing to compare to.. mine are all shortys.. 2 autos and one manual. and they all have the crown logo on them. they work great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread