New on vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepepecas

Jan 21, 2010
El Paso, TX
Hello everyone!,

I just bought my 510 at cignot.com, and I'm very excited to start vaping as soon as I get it :thumbs:. I've been smoking the real thing for about 15 years now, and I can tell you that my health is not good at all:(. I have tried to quit several times with patches, gum, cold turkey with no success, so please help me out guys and give me some advises here on how to use my new 510.

Thanks!!!

Skully7780

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
hartford, ct
so please help me out guys and give me some advises here on how to use my new 510.

My suggestion is to use the 510 as a complete replacment for ciggerettes, however I guess you could do a mod and put a pen on it so it could be used as a pen, but, why not just go to staples. :)

lol jk jk

Good luck with your new 510, I just got mine 3 days ago from the same supplier and I have had zero analogs since then.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Once you get it...stay with it!! With me. it was all about the juice. The flavors I ordered with my 510 I couldn't stand. Was really worried that vaping was not for me. Then I received my juices from TastyVapors...wow, huge difference. I can see myself really never smoking analogs again.

This. Exactly this.
Exact same advice from me - but with a different avatar :cool:

Shortstuff116

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Bellingham, MA
Welcome Aboard pepepecas!

Unless you cleaned your new atty before using your 510 for the first time you may have noticed that your vape tastes like crap, but that's because of the oil-like preservative they put on the new attys for storage and shipment to prevent oxidation. But once you've vaped it for a while the taste will eventually improve and you'll be all set.

There's no doubt that you can quit smoking immediately. If you feel like a smoke, just vape as much as you need to and the urge will go away every time. There definitely is a learning curve to vaping, you've got to "train your brain" to accept vaping as your new way of smoking, a lot of it is mental and your 510 will do the rest.

If you have any doubts or questions, that's what we're all here for to help you any way we can. So enjoy your new hobby (that's what I call it) and be prepared to quit smoking those nasty analogs FOREVER with no withdrawal symptoms (at least I didn't have any).

Good Luck!

:thumb:

kalekona

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2010
Washington State
You'll love it and be vaping like a pro in no time--or at least you will feel like a pro-
I got mine yesterday and have been analog free (even in the face of no paycheck today on payday!) and it was totally painless and stress free.

The flavors really do matter I can't even stand the smell of the preloaded Tobacco flavor and I smoked for more years than I care to admit.

freekyjason

Jan 21, 2010
Perth, W.A
i ordered a joye 510 from heaven-gifts couple of days ago, seems to be a popular pick. hopefully can help me throw my smoking habit out the window as patches and the like have been rather useless so far (read little willpower :p)

have spent quite a bit of time reading on here, decent forums for information. now when this thing arrives im a bit more aware of care and maintenance, over usage, battery life etc.

great find this place :)

andyclifford

Jan 18, 2010
Haworth, UK
Personally, I think its all about preparing yourself and accepting that you might actually be able to quit!

I got my e-cig on 20th December in time for my yearly "this time I am going to stop" new year resolution. I have tried every year for at least the past 5 years and always given in to the cravings before the end of the first week! (no will power!)

On the day it arrived I tried the e-cig with the thought that it would just be like trying a different brand of cigs. I was absolutely amazed by the end of the day and didn't want a normal cig.

I did resort to a pack of normal cigs over Christmas, but that was purely down to my own stupidity when I left the charger for my e-cig on my desk at work on Christmas Eve and couldn't get back into the office for 2 days! So I count my quitting date as 27th December and haven't touched a normal cig since.

Considering I smoked for 15 years at least 20 a day and have failed to quit using traditional methods a number of times, this has been a walk in the park. I just wish I had found this forum before I attempted to quit and was armed with all the information herein.

Good luck with your attempts and to everyone else that's considering jumping into the boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread