New Pipe Design (picture inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darchand

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2009
I have been surfing the modders forum for some time now looking at what it out there. Finally I made my own mod. Nothing grand just a couple of batteries and an altoids box but by making it I proved to myself I can make a PV.

My next step was to envision what a stylish PV should look like. There are so many mods out there now and let me just say wow to the majority. I am no machinist but I am a 3d artist and I want a pipe so what should some one like myself do?

Of course design and make my own.

This design you see here will be real in a few short weeks. It will be made from a 3d print and all the scales of it have been made to fit my specific design.

Now who wants to see what this thing will look like if all goes well?

Ah heck I was going to do a teaser but lets go ahead and throw in the pic :)

Attachments

• finisheddesign.jpg
    finisheddesign.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 627
Last edited:

Darchand

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2009
Thanks for the feed back guys. My 3d Print parts should be here in about 10 days and I will take pictures as I do the build. Maybe if all goes well I will put the print up for sale. What I mean there is the place I am using to make the print lets you open a store front and if people want to buy your prints they buy directly from that company.

I will put up some more details as I go. I hate to over post.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Personally, and i don't want to really be discouraging here...I wouldn't be interested...I was a pipe smoker as well as a cig smoker..and though I think the 2 models that are currently on the market are really classics in design..
The lines and shape of the bowls on your designs just look weird to me and disrupts from that classic elegance of a pipe.

Darchand

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2009
Personally, and i don't want to really be discouraging here...I wouldn't be interested...I was a pipe smoker as well as a cig smoker..and though I think the 2 models that are currently on the market are really classics in design..
The lines and shape of the bowls on your designs just look weird to me and disrupts from that classic elegance of a pipe.

To each his own on what looks good. Of course I designed this to look unique from the other pipes and of course it certainly does have that look and I am happy with it. As far as a more classic or standard design I could easily create one and may very well create several designs.

If any one is interested I will gladly create some other styles and I have a plan on making another type of pipe later with a bowl that holds liquid with a stem that holds batteries.

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
I like that very much, and I can't stand the two pipes that are on the market. They seem - on a purely subjective level of course - do demean the great art of tobacco pipe smoking. (Which I most unfortunately never mastered.)

This one, though, looks cool. Bent stem is a must for a vaping pipe, I think, simply because of the weight.

Darchand

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2009
How would you get the liquid from the bowl to the atomizer?

Sadly in this design it won't have any delivery to the atty so instead I will be using a 510 battery connector with an 808 adapter for cartomizers so I don't have to drip but have the option of using a 510 atty if I want to.

With my other design that I will make some time in the future the pump is also in the bowl with a container of liquid. At hobby lobby I found some great little containers about an inch wide and an inch tall. I can fix a spray or lotion pump on it easily as well.

Of course the whole thing is in the bowl and I do want it to look as good as possible and you don't want to have to look down and see all that in there. So for pressing the pump I will be making a jewel cap that press down onto the pump delivering the liquid straight to the atty.

Again thank you guys for your comments and any criticism is also welcome.

P.S.

All my parts are order so all it comes down to now is about a 10 day wait then fun :D

Darchand

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2009
I'm watching too.... my DSE-610 is giving me fits.
I would love to have a pipe that would not flood or starve for juice. :)

I know what you mean. I don't have one but was thinking of getting one but the more I heard the less I like and if the atty does die it is 40 dollars for the replacement. Also I looked into the mini pipe (aka the lady pipe) but really wasn't wild about it.

Still a long wait though for the parts. One week is all but it will seem like a very very long week.

Darchand

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2009
Well a little bad news :(

The 3d printer wasn't able to print my model.

Good news is they will be able to after I thicken up some of the walls and change a couple of things that I wanted to change anyways.

petercro I have those containers out in my car and it would be easy enough to go look at the tag on the package and look them up. Problem is my car doors are pretty much frozen shut. I will try to look it up and if I can find it I will post a link for you.

Darchand

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2009
Found Them!

Screw On Top Bottle Set | Hobby Lobby

They are about the right size for a pipe bowl and with the cap you can easily mount a lotion pump or spray pump on top of. Hope this helps.

And I hate a thread going on for too long with out pictures so here is an untextured version of the updated design. Note the mouth piece is a little larger and inside of it there is an area where an extremely large cart could go if I decided to make one.

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

Darchand

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2009
Great link petercrow found the 5ml bottle would be great to fit into one of my pipe designs later on. Although I think I will stick with what I have for now.

I also found this link thought it was interesting and should post it just in case I can't find it later. my-latest-e-pipe-mod

I might be doing a cut away illustration later to show what I have planned for the current mod I am working on then later on I will post a cut away of the mod with a pump.

P.S.

My parts have been reorder and should be printed soon the company I am using is called shapeways.

Shapeways | passionate about creating

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread