New pod system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic Of Light

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Englewood Ohio
Hi yall, im currently looking at pod systems. I am currently using the MyBlu, which has performed really well with the included juice, but the juice I bought from my corner store with the same mg/ml and same blend hits like air. "Could just be the flavor" But the device does have a nasty habit of throwing juice in my mouth which I hate.

Im looking at the Smoant S8 and considering buying one, but i think the MyBlu fires direct voltage of about 3.9 "decreasing over the charge" And the Smoant fires at 3.3-3.4 constant voltage.

I like to use 24mg juice in these to prevent too much refilling. And i dont use nic salts.

My question is, does anyone have experience with the Smoant and also the MyBlu? Is it a good switch to make? MyBlu pods are a pain and messy to refill. And the Smoant s8 has a nice fill port. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Magic Of Light

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Englewood Ohio
Have you looked at the Aspire Breeze 2 or is the size of those type devices not in view?
I did check it out, but I read that it is a quite airy and cool draw. I really like a warm tight vape. As close to a cig as I can get. The more throat punch the better. Thats why the MyBlu has been good for me. But the cost of their pods is quite high unless you refill them yourself, which is messy.

Reactions: stols001

Magic Of Light

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Englewood Ohio
The breeze 2 has adjustable air flow and the .5 coil has been said to provide warm vape. Just a thought!
I hear you, but other sites say its a cool smooth vape even with the .6ohm coils. And those are technically made for the nic salts. Their 1.2 ohm is for freebase, and i just dont see it suiting my needs based on reviews I have watched and read. I like a hot tight vape. Every RDA or tank I ever used that supposedly did both was bad at mtl.

The RDA's I have used in the past usually had too much airflow. A 1mm airflow hole mimics the draw and gives the nice mtl throat hit that I like. I like the pod systems though because its less work making coils, charging 3000mah batteries ect. The MyBlu charges in 20 minutes, and also supports pass through. And has a nice hot vape even when the battery is almost gone. Im looking for something like that in a refillable pod system. Which the Smoant s8 seems to fit the bill about perfect.

My local vape shop gave me a Boulder Rock device for free when i bought some juice. But that thing is terrible. Super airy draw, whistles, drop off is really bad, plus it charges super slow also. And its using silica wick :\

Magic Of Light

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Englewood Ohio
I have the Smoant S8. But I have never used the MyBlu for a comparison for you. To me it is a tight draw on the Smoant. Hot? Not really. I use Nic Salts, so not much of a throat hit, unless I draw on it for like 7 or 8 seconds.
Thanks man. Im also looking at some others. The Suorin Vagon, and Suorin Air both look pretty nice. The Vagon especially since its design is way better than an weird rectangle shape, and it has a seal like the Vladdin to prevent juice on the contacts. But I just watched a review on it and it requires a primer puff to get it started, which that is pretty awful.

So many choices, so little time.

Magic Of Light

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Englewood Ohio
I revisited the Boulder Rock. The hits im getting from it are way better clouds, with comparable flavor and hit with the same juice in the MyBlu pod. So it definitely is a juice problem. The 70/30 they told me to put in the Rock device is too thick to wick properly with the silica "salesmanship" probably to blame there.

I think cost effective wise, the Boulder Rock is actually a pretty solid device. It gives alot of vapor, and if you want a tighter draw you can fix that with a little tape over the side viewports and tighten it down a ton. I might stick to it a while and see how it works out. Silica after all, does last longer than cotton. Which means longer pod life, which means less money spent.

• Useful

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
My Boulder Rock pod melted and got hot as hell with 70VG.

Melted Boulder Rock Pod.JPG

Magic Of Light

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Englewood Ohio
My Boulder Rock pod melted and got hot as hell with 70VG.

View attachment 756913
Yeah every time i hit it with the 70/30 in there every 2nd hit would be dry. Even with 50/50 you gotta make sure its getting proper flow cause silica is really made for 80 PG 20 VG, back when the protank was popular. Its the exact same style wick and coil as like a Kanger Protank 2. Dont put any higher than 50/50 in it. And you should be perfectly fine. Just if you're gonna hit it more than a couple times, give it a couple primer hits to help it wick a little better. I havent gotten a dry hit in it since doing that and switching to 50/50. And the clouds are impressive.

Magic Of Light

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Englewood Ohio
Well, looks like I wont be ordering an Innokin EQ today. Most places are sold out. And my normal store is sold out of the pods. Innokins website has both in stock. But im greeted with no way to actually continue checkout after entering my address LOL wow. Well...It is what it is.

*Edit, I ordered a starter kit from one store, and the pods from another. So instead of free shipping it ended up costing me 10 bucks more for 2 separate shippings and no free shipping. Innokins store checkout was 100% broken and not working with paypay or credit, and nearly every store is out of one, or both of these at the moment. But, they are on their way :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread