Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Sadly, there are problems with Vivi Novas. There is a picture on my blog of what happened to mine. It took a while for it to succumb, but I was using harsh juice the entire time I had it. If you change flavors often and/or frequently rinse it out, you may be okay. Factors such as extra flavor shots and a vendor's recipe have an effect too.

RIP.gif

EEEKKK! What happened to my tank?

If glass is out of your budget at the moment, there are inexpensive polypro tanks. They may not be the coolest looking in the world, but they work. I've been using one from VVV daily for months with no issues. And I have two from Vapor Phoenix that I haven't had very long, but they haven't leaked.

Economy Tanks

510 SCT-V2 3.5ml Tank

Last edited:

Fenris4024

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Lubbock, TX
very good info Ocelot.... hopefully some of the other new members see this and read about it as well. I know I'd ordered some Green Apple from MBV (which according to MBV themselves can be a tank-cracker). If I didn't have some blank cartos to use it in (not sure about risking one of my ce3's since I'm just starting out and have only a few options for delivery), I'd be pretty sad if it ate my T3. Ordered some from non crackers from VVV, hopefully they'll be as awesome as they sound. (been looking for a SCT/DCT to add to my collection ANYHOW, and at that price, its almost a no brainer.)

Do we have a thread on tank cracking juices stickied somewhere new folks can see it? If we do, I probably just missed it, but if not, I think its a good idea.:2c:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
There is an on-going thread that lists liquids people have had problems with, I linked to it in my blog, but there isn't a sticky.

I read an article a while ago about why polycarbonate degrades, but I can't find it. I did find this one though, which I may edit down to just the most relevant info: » Why Do Some E-liquids Crack Plastic Tanks?

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
That link appeals to my inner nerd :blush: Rather informative, and not written by as to make your head explode trying to digest it.

Thanks for sharing that one Ocelot!

I guess that means you didn't see my post earlier on another thread when someone asked why polycarb cracked...

I am not a rocket surgeon by any stretch of the imagination. I read a fairly long explanation about it, which of course I didn't really understand and can't remember most of (I must try and find that again for my files). I think is has something to do with the way molecules (which I think should be called multicules 'cuz there's always lots of them) that make up the plastic-whatever-thingys are held together - I seem to recall there was something about some configurations being "tight" while others were "loose" and would come apart easier...

Obviously, I have no freaking clue what I'm talking about. I must Google.

123776276.jpg

Last edited:

MaDeuce

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
Auburn, OH
I guess that means you didn't see my post earlier on another thread when someone asked why polycarb cracked...

I am not a rocket surgeon by any stretch of the imagination. I read a fairly long explanation about it, which of course I didn't really understand and can't remember most of (I must try and find that again for my files). I think is has something to do with the way molecules (which I think should be called multicules 'cuz there's always lot of them) that make up the plastic-whatever-thingys are held together - I seem to recall there was something about some configurations being "tight" while others were "loose" and would come apart easier...

Obviously, I have no freaking clue what I'm talking about. I must Google.

123776276.jpg

So then this is NOT a picture of you?

rocket-science.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread