Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
So...who buys a P3 now? Maybe they'll be hitting the blems page soon also. Maybe Provape is trying to get all the 2.5s out the door so they can start clearing out P3s?
I think the P3 is still a very viable product...

Let's not forget about the Stealthy 18350 battery mode.

Jim

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
So...who buys a P3 now? Maybe they'll be hitting the blems page soon also. Maybe Provape is trying to get all the 2.5s out the door so they can start clearing out P3s?
Another way to see this is, the Classic takes the 2.5's place, the P3 and Radius each have their place, and the Procyon answers the demands of those who said they really wished the P3 was an 18650 only mod with more power. There's probably another mod coming down the road as well, so I think they are just expanding and diversifying their product line to accommodate a range of customers needs and wants.

vaping has grown exponentially since the ProVari came out, and the landscape has dramatically changed in just the last year to year and a half. I think ProVape has been playing catch up, and are back on their game in providing viable products for what's on the market atomizer wise. Sub ohm vaping isn't going away, they are now producing products that will fire the newer generation coils.

As far as power goes, I can vape my 40 watt Radius at 6-7 watts and it is the same as my V2 and 2.5 ProVari's. I won't recommend a 15 watt device to a new vaper, why? There is a very good chance that they will encounter a tank that they like that the device just won't power. That is a very real scenario with todays atomizer landscape.

StealthyTX

Hates brass
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Austin, TX
Another way to see this is, the Classic takes the 2.5's place, the P3 and Radius each have their place, and the Procyon answers the demands of those who said they really wished the P3 was an 18650 only mod with more power. There's probably another mod coming down the road as well, so I think they are just expanding and diversifying their product line to accommodate a range of customers needs and wants.

Vaping has grown exponentially since the ProVari came out, and the landscape has dramatically changed in just the last year to year and a half. I think ProVape has been playing catch up, and are back on their game in providing viable products for what's on the market atomizer wise. Sub ohm vaping isn't going away, they are now producing products that will fire the newer generation coils.

As far as power goes, I can vape my 40 watt Radius at 6-7 watts and it is the same as my V2 and 2.5 ProVari's. I won't recommend a 15 watt device to a new vaper, why? There is a very good chance that they will encounter a tank that they like that the device just won't power. That is a very real scenario with todays atomizer landscape.

I mostly agree with you there, but I pity a new vapor that tries out an Aspire Cleito running at 40-50 watts with an 18mg liquid that people recommend for new vapors. Too bad vape shops that these newbies will go to for advice are all about the 200w box mods and subohming (clouds). Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't MTL more analogous to smoking than direct-lung?

StealthyTX

Hates brass
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Austin, TX
Why not a small,thin 19mm mod? 14500 or other small battery?

Worried about the lack of mods (aside form the KM3/Nautilus mini) that would fit? Build a tank/atty, and package it with.

Give us something new! I-N-N-O-V-A-T-E

The Procyon is just an 18650-only Provari Classic running at 50 watts.

Last edited:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I mostly agree with you there, but I pity a new vapor that tries out an Aspire Cleito running at 40-50 watts with an 18mg liquid that people recommend for new vapors. Too bad vape shops that these newbies will go to for advice are all about the 200w box mods and subohming (clouds). Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't MTL more analogous to smoking than direct-lung?
If I had tried vaping today, and had been offered a low ohm setup with huge vapor production, I never would have made the switch. I remember coughing pretty bad from 12 mg/ml juice on and Evod type battery with a T3 clearo. My lungs were a mess from smoking 2.5 PAD for many years. I personally feel that the sub-ohm crowd is doing a disservice to the long time heavy smokers like I was, if that is what they offer as a first impression to vaping. I still cannot handle high volume vapor now after 2-3/4 years of vaping, if I tried that when I was still smoking I would have coughed up a storm.

I am so glad that I found vaping and quit when I did...

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Well... This makes the "why can't the p3 have more power" crowd happy... But I think it's actually longer than the p3 in 18650 mode? (4.8" long without atty). I've used 18650 once in a Provape tube. Lol. Waaaay too long for this guy! :)

Weird knowing this is a Provape product that I know I will not be purchasing. But I do hope it sells well for them!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

nebulis

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
Vienna, Europe
I personally feel that the sub-ohm crowd is doing a disservice to the long time heavy smokers like I was, if that is what they offer as a first impression to vaping. ...
I am so glad that I found vaping and quit when I did...
This is exactly how I feel and think (we seem to have given up smoking about the same time, second half of 2013). I don't know where this demand for more-watt-less-ohm comes from but somehow I suspect that it is an artificial one, created and nourished by manufacturers. And now that they try to make beginner- and regulation-friendly devices - they are simple and somewhat smaller devices but way too strong for many beginners - and for many non-beginners too.

A simple and small and safe new device with no apocalyptic power - but equipped with a width-adaptable top cap to cater for different atomizer sizes ... nobody has ever made something like this, have they?

StealthyTX

Hates brass
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Austin, TX
I just don't get why they are trying to play catch-up like this instead of either coming out with something more innovative than a 50W Classic with a new battery cap. Something smaller, thinner, lighter maybe? New form factor? More features? Better menu?

The 2.0/2.5 was amazing when it was introduced and worth the premium price. Nothing they have released since is, though. :(

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
I just don't get why they are trying to play catch-up like this instead of either coming out with something more innovative than a 50W Classic with a new battery cap. Something smaller, thinner, lighter maybe? New form factor? More features? Better menu?

The 2.0/2.5 was amazing when it was introduced and worth the premium price. Nothing they have released since is, though. :(
It's more than a Classic though. Kinda like a more powerful and better p3, but just too long for me. It has boost and all. Its like a p3 on steroids. Why are we comparing to Classic?

Frankly it's it's own device. Hence them shedding off all their 2.5 inventory. Keep the portfolio more simple. This is it's own little high powered device of its own.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014

DisAgree...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread