Status
Not open for further replies.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
I've looked through the forum but I don't see the answer I am looking for. I'm sure I am not searching on it right so here goes. I'm just about to try my hand at DIY. I downloaded juice Me Up and came up with the following recipe using 100ml PG Nic juice to make 60ml of Red Bull 60/40.

10.8ml Nic PG
22.2ml PG
21ml VG
6ml Red Bull Flavoring

Seems straight forward but I keep seeing "Water Soluable" on the flavoring sites. Does this mean use 6ml of straight flavoring or I do I have to dilute the flavoring with some amount of water and then use 6ml of that?

Thanks for your help!

Aurora-Oblivion

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Isle of the Wizards
What brand Red Bull flavor are you using?

Most flavorings are PG based, and some are PG/alc mix. You should "Uncheck" the "Zero flavor PG/VG" box there in the middle. The only time you would usually check that box would be if you are using a flavoring that you know for sure doesn't have PG or VG, such as a known oil/alc mix

Water Soluble simply means the flavoring is soluble in water, which usually always means also soluble in PG/VG, basically this means it's not an oil flavoring.

The Goo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
St. Paul, Minnesota
Water soluble means that is "dissolves in water" and well in PG. They are considered "safest" for vaping.

Well the good news is that juice is not made of water and it is actually mostly alcohols like PG so just because something is not water soluble does not mean it is not soluble in juice. The bad news is that some flavorings just do not like to mix with PG and some plainly hate mixing with VG, but usually some PGA mixed with that flavoring will help. - Hoosier

I personally stray away from non-soluble flavorings. I know many others do as well.

The 6ml of the red bull flavoring is correct. No need to add water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread