New reo owner with rm2 and question about flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fett701

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2012
hampton rds va
I thought i had it figured out. Got in some bobas bounty wrapped a 8 wrap parallel coil metering out at .6 ohms and had great flavor but lacked vapor and had a strong throat hit. So i wrapped the same coil with 30 guage metered at .9 ohms and lack of flavor. So than i wrapped a 10 wrap 29 guage parallel coil metered at .8 ohms and same thing no flavor. Have tried it with bobas and hype. I am going to try and get some pictures up later.

fett701

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2012
hampton rds va
image.jpg
image_1.jpg
Parallel 29 guage 10 wrap meters .8 ohm good throat hit and vapor no flavor

e30ernest

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Philippines
Bored out the air hole to 1/16" (I had the drill bits lying around anyway for building my coils) and finally got a huge improvement in flavor and vapor. It seems it was an airflow issue afterall. Thank you everyone (especially @zmails for his suggestion to increase the size of the air hole) for your help! :)

zmauls

Madman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
New Jersey
Bored out the air hole to 1/16" (I had the drill bits lying around anyway for building my coils) and finally got a huge improvement in flavor and vapor. It seems it was an airflow issue afterall. Thank you everyone (especially @zmails for his suggestion to increase the size of the air hole) for your help! :)

If you think 1/16" is that much better, go up to 5/64". If it gets worse as opposed to better, I'll replace your RM2.

zmauls

Madman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
New Jersey

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com

e30ernest

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Philippines
Sorted out some issues with my positive pin and now my Reo is firing up to it's maximum. With a 1/16" air hole, 28 gauge kanthal micro wrapped 8 times on a 1.5mm bit and wicked with cotton, I'm now getting some awesome very flavorful vapor. I think this now outperforms my Immortalizer on my Vanilla mod when it comes to flavor.

Thanks to everyone who helped! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread