New Riva 510 Arrived-Having Problems Already

Status
Not open for further replies.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Well dripping is not safe while driving etc. I know my instructions seem hard but just do it once and you will realize how easy it is. BTW if you want, instead of holding your finger (with tissue) on the end hole when doing he first fill, some just use the spikey silicone ".... plug" as its called that comes in many of the threaded end silicon "carto condoms" (I can tell guys made this stuff up). You can plug the threaded end hole of the carto with one of those while filling.

Believe me - I know. I was afraid to try cartos because I didn't know how to use them. I avoided them for the first 2 months. Instead I fought with stupid atomizers and cartridges and the occassional mouthfull or lapfull of juice that entails. Then I finally got cartomizers and got that first one working and it was so much less hassle than any other method (dripping or cartridges) - nice consistent vape, didn't need juice as often, I could pick my ecig up in the morning and it would just work. What I also like is every flavor is totally separate (no shared atty) and every carto is a has its own fresh atty coil. Once your atomizer gets gunked up you will appreciate the freshness of a carto better.

Last edited:

HeadLikeOrange

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2011
Massachusetts, USA
Well dripping is not safe while driving etc. I know my instructions seem hard but just do it once and you will realize how easy it is. BTW if you want, instead of holding your finger (with tissue) on the end hole when doing he first fill, some just use the spikeysilicone ".... plug" as its called that comes in many of the theaded end silicon "carto condoms" (I can tell guys made this stuff up). You can plug the threaded end hold with one of those while filling.

Believe me - I know. I was afraid to try cartos because I didn't know how to use them. I avoided them for the first 2 months. Instead I fought with stupid atomizers and cartridges and the occassional mouthfull or lapfull of juice that entails. Then I finally got cartomizers and got that first one working and it was so much less hassle than any other method (dripping or cartridges) - nice consistent vape, didn't need juice as often, I could pick my ecig up in the morning and it would just work. What I also like is every flavor is totally separate (no shared atty) and every carto is a has its own fresh atty coil. Once your atomizer gets gunked up you will appreciate the freshness of a carto better.

I am scandalized.

Honestly, though, I agree about the superiority of cartos. I'll take the vape of a fresh carto over the best hit an atomizer can give any day of the week. Cartos just seem to taste and vape fuller. I don't know if it has something to do with the coil in a carto being much larger and therefore having more surface contact with the juice, or if maybe passing the vapor through the juice-filled packing gives it more volume, but it is much better in my mind.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I think there is something about dripping on a new atty that is newly broken in that cannot be surpassed. The problem is, it doesn't stay like that. With every atty I have used, eventually the vapor and flavor degrade to the point where juices hardly taste different from each other. So while a brand new carto for me does not quite match that initial new atomizer experience, at least with cartos every time I put a new one on it's like my ecig is brand new.

mooreted

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2011
California
Well dripping is not safe while driving etc. I know my instructions seem hard but just do it once and you will realize how easy it is. BTW if you want, instead of holding your finger (with tissue) on the end hole when doing he first fill, some just use the spikey silicone ".... plug" as its called that comes in many of the threaded end silicon "carto condoms" (I can tell guys made this stuff up). You can plug the threaded end hole of the carto with one of those while filling.

Yup, that's what I do. I just put the cap on the end so it doesn't leak if I over do it.

tippyclubb

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2011
Michigan
Wow, thanks everyone for the great information. Silly me was trying to fill the carto without putting tissue over the threaded end hole. Well that explains the juice all over my hands, table, paper towel. Duhhhhh, lol !

I really REALLY LOVE dripping, the cartridges are good too and hope to get this darn carto thing going good tomorrow. Tired of fussing with them tonight.

I called Liberty Flights today and they will send my new battery Monday -- no questions asked and found them very pleasant to deal with, so far.

Gotta go drip now, going to open up the double chocolate juice.

Again, thanks to all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread