New Shorty Auto issue? or just me

Status
Not open for further replies.

scuzzy19

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2009
Chicago
So I got my order in today, I ordered a new shorty battery I was excited and tried it out. Not sure if something is wrong but this thing is like sucking on a straw at first I wasnt sure if I didnt screw in the carto all the way. I checked it and it was then I noticed the air holes are HUGE! not sure if they were machined wrong or if thats the way they are now. I took a pic of them and there is a major difference. I put a piece of paper behind it and colored in the area to make it more visible.

CatMommy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I think I was one of the people in another thread that mentioned because of the increased airflow, I was getting to the point of dizzy trying to produce enough vapor and TH to be satisfying...so....

I plugged up the holes....

Some suggested breaking off toothpicks in there...but I cut a piece of scotch tape super thin and wrapped it around the batt to cover the holes. It works pretty well now.

kdcaines

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
Manchester, NH
I got a auto shorty battery last week for my daughter and I don't think the air holes were that big. It works great! might have been from an earlier batch.

I just got a new "manual" shorty today, and the air holes are much bigger, but this thing is a little power house!! It just pushes the vapor in your mouth, and the vapor production is amazing! I'm lovin' it:thumbs::thumbs:

scuzzy19

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2009
Chicago
If you look at the holes closely, they don't go all the way through the batt - they are cut off about halfway before reaching the inside. At least they are on the platinum one I have, and I love it!

These do lol they do not stop at all so not sure if they went to far or something. I modified one already with some tape and was able to lower the air intake alot so they are far more usable then before(at least for my draw preferences)

mephisto69

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2009
Wisconsin
These do lol they do not stop at all so not sure if they went to far or something. I modified one already with some tape and was able to lower the air intake alot so they are far more usable then before(at least for my draw preferences)

It's kinda hard to see in the photo, but it does look to be the case with your batt. I originally thought they went all the way through on my batt also, until I looked closer at it - but my wife has the batt at work right now, so I can't recheck it just to make sure I wasn't seeing things, although with the variance in the Chinese manufacturing, it wouldn't surprise me if they were different. I will check the batt again tonight when she gets home, and maybe post some pics if I DID see correctly... ;)

scuzzy19

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2009
Chicago
Yeah if you can check for me that would be cool. I'm not worried about it im happy with my ghetto mod, It gets the job done for me :) I love the new shorties(the weight when vaping on it sitting on my lips is light and feels awesome, not to battery heavy) The draw was a little much for me but like I said I made the adjustments and I was happy with the result

It's kinda hard to see in the photo, but it does look to be the case with your batt. I originally thought they went all the way through on my batt also, until I looked closer at it - but my wife has the batt at work right now, so I can't recheck it just to make sure I wasn't seeing things, although with the variance in the Chinese manufacturing, it wouldn't surprise me if they were different. I will check the batt again tonight when she gets home, and maybe post some pics if I DID see correctly... ;)

mephisto69

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Yeah if you can check for me that would be cool. I'm not worried about it im happy with my ghetto mod, It gets the job done for me :) I love the new shorties(the weight when vaping on it sitting on my lips is light and feels awesome, not to battery heavy) The draw was a little much for me but like I said I made the adjustments and I was happy with the result

I most certainly will - it's kinda bothering me now that maybe I made a mistake...lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread