Status
Not open for further replies.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Did you know...

When browsing ECF and you come across a post containing a video you can detach the video from the post and watch it while you continue browsing that page.

To the lower right of an embedded video you will see a greyed out icon.
Screen shot 2022-11-10 at 4.32.23 PM.png

Screen shot 2022-11-10 at 4.26.03 PM.png

When you hover over the icon it turns black.

Click on the icon and it detaches the video from the post and places it in the lower right-hand corner of your browser (on a PC or tablet). On a smartphone the video moves to the bottom of the display.
Screen shot 2022-11-10 at 4.26.36 PM.png

You can then watch the video while you continue browsing the same ECF page. If you navigate to another page the video closes automatically. There is also an 'X' in the upper left-hand corner of the video for closing the window.

:greengrin:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Is there a way to get rid of the "favorite achievement" thing on my banner? I clicked a button to see what it was, and now I can't get rid of this thing on the far right of my banner.

View attachment 985444

Yeah... That one is a Mystery I pondered Myself for a couple of weeks.

Drumstick.jpg

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
So...
I am a wee bit (REALLY) excited at the moment...all of my organizing has been done and the descriptions are gone from the front page (hover to see them)
Go to the front page and refresh...
Look how beautiful and organized the front page looks now !!

(all that's left is just a little bit of straggler clean up inside subs)

:thumbs::thumbs::banana::banana::rickroll::rickroll::banana::banana::thumbs::thumbs:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
37 folks became new members over the last 8 days. :thumb:

12/4 - 5
12/5 - 4
12/6 - 7
12/7 - 2
12/8 - 7
12/9 - 5
12/10 - 4
12/11 - 3
:eek: That's fine, but hasn't told to whole story . . . . Now tell us how many people only lurk or after being a member for years have now left in the past year or even since the "Changes" to the interface of ECF to be more like another ad infused social media platform- maybe ECF can be sold to Jeff or Musk . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: DavidOck

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
That's fine, but hasn't told to whole story . . . . Now tell us how many people

Each week tells a different story...

The week of December 5 saw 166 members post at least one message.
265 members logged in. Of those 99 either logged in to check messages or to browse.

The week of November 28 saw 182 members post at least one message.
1095 members logged in. Of those 913 either logged in to check messages or to browse.

Those numbers do not reflect Guests. At any given time ECF has over 150+ guests. Currently there are 225.

ECF to be more like another ad infused social media platform

Becoming a Supporting Member eliminates the ads.
$24 for one year = 15 cents per day. $40 for two years = 9 cents per day.

maybe ECF can be sold to Jeff or Musk . . .

Don't know what Jeff Bezos or Elon Musk has to do with anything related to ECF.

As to people who choose to leave ECF... as you know, there can be any number of possible reasons as to why.

You know full well, some leave after obtaining the information they needed. For some that's days and for others it's longer. Some who signup ask one question and are never heard from again. Some have been Moved On and others are Resting In Peace. Some signup and never post.

Might there be some who chose to leave because they may not like the new version of Xenforo? That's possible but IMO that's a pretty lame excuse.

Last edited:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Each week tells a different story...

The week of December 5 saw 166 members post at least one message.
265 members logged in. Of those 99 either logged in to check messages or to browse.

The week of November 28 saw 182 members post at least one message.
1095 members logged in. Of those 913 either logged in to check messages or to browse.

Those numbers do not reflect Guests. At any given time ECF has over 150+ guests. Currently there are 225.

Becoming a Supporting Member eliminates the ads.
$24 for one year = 15 cents per day. $40 for two years = 9 cents per day.

Don't know what Jeff Bezos or Elon Musk has to do with anything related to ECF.

As to people who choose to leave ECF... as you know, there can be any number of possible reasons as to why.

You know full well, some leave after obtaining the information they needed. For some that's days and for others it's longer. Some who signup ask one question and are never heard from again. Some have been Moved On and others are Resting In Peace. Some signup and never post.

Might there be some who chose to leave because they may not like the new version of Xenforo? That's possible but IMO that's a pretty lame excuse.

I think it would be fun to follow if you started a thread here in Site Feedback with that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread