Status
Not open for further replies.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Well, I've been on the hunt for a good tank for a long time. I would've gotten an authentic when they were first coming out, but I hate pre-orders or f5-ing continuously. Now, I'm not in a position to spend that kind of money on a tank.

I am considering just getting a 510 kit for my estia, but the draw is a little tight for me. I started lung hitting practically as soon as I received that one..lol. It was upsetting to get that mod+tank combo, with the mod being much cheaper than the tank, and I suddenly changed my vaping style. Anyways, I'll keep this one less than 5 paragraphs...;)

Are there any other rebuildable tanks that I should look into, or is this the one for me?
I basically only use my stumpy drippers, but I do love my Council of Vapor mini hunter. It's surprisingly close to the flavor production of the stumpy...but with the ability to produce a lot more vapor.

I liked the maus tank.. I can't find anything solid about it, but it isn't a rebuildable tank...so that pretty much sums up that it's not going to be something I own...but I haven't seen a tank produce that kind of flavor and vapor before...but still, I don't understand why companies are keeping themselves in this bottleneck of manufacturing to a specific crowd, when they could get the whole section of that market.

Vapor production that could be in a cloud competition isn't a must for me anymore, as I've stated. I've calmed down a lot. After selling a lot of my mechs, and the atomo lock ring getting screwed up, the only mech I have now is my 4-nine...and also the kiss qe, but it needs some work....and ball bearings....... Temp control on my rx200 with ss316L is finally working consistently, so I'm just vaping at 400 degrees Fahrenheit with 66.6-88.8 Watts for heat up...not less than, but not over 5.:)

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Well, I've been on the hunt for a good tank for a long time. I would've gotten an authentic when they were first coming out, but I hate pre-orders or f5-ing continuously. Now, I'm not in a position to spend that kind of money on a tank.

I am considering just getting a 510 kit for my estia, but the draw is a little tight for me. I started lung hitting practically as soon as I received that one..lol. It was upsetting to get that mod+tank combo, with the mod being much cheaper than the tank, and I suddenly changed my vaping style. Anyways, I'll keep this one less than 5 paragraphs...;)

Are there any other rebuildable tanks that I should look into, or is this the one for me?
I basically only use my stumpy drippers, but I do love my Council of Vapor mini hunter. It's surprisingly close to the flavor production of the stumpy...but with the ability to produce a lot more vapor.

I liked the maus tank.. I can't find anything solid about it, but it isn't a rebuildable tank...so that pretty much sums up that it's not going to be something I own...but I haven't seen a tank produce that kind of flavor and vapor before...but still, I don't understand why companies are keeping themselves in this bottleneck of manufacturing to a specific crowd, when they could get the whole section of that market.

Vapor production that could be in a cloud competition isn't a must for me anymore, as I've stated. I've calmed down a lot. After selling a lot of my mechs, and the atomo lock ring getting screwed up, the only mech I have now is my 4-nine...and also the kiss qe, but it needs some work....and ball bearings....... Temp control on my rx200 with ss316L is finally working consistently, so I'm just vaping at 400 degrees Fahrenheit with 66.6-88.8 Watts for heat up...not less than, but not over 5.:)

For less than $25 grab this up and if you don't like it you haven't invested a ton. I'm obviously a huge fan but it suits my vaping style perfectly. It does have a LOT of flexibility though with multiple decks for different types of builds and great AFC for MTL to DL.

I have 4 of them so I'm obviously a fan :)

Reactions: suspectK

Dat55

Oct 28, 2014
Portugal
My clone arrived today. :)
d147ca451726def53cbf208a2589fee9.jpg

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Finally got around to putting the Ceramic B Deck in the SQRx.
gigglesmile.gif

Much easier for building/wicking IMHO and I am just loving the flavor.

I LIKE IT! :thumbs:
I've had some troubles with leaking on the B deck when I leave overnight, even when stuffing pretty heavy with cotton. I use the B deck with 100% VG juices as the W deck doesn't hang with thick juice very well (it is stellar IMO with thinner juices and oh so easy to wick).

Please let us know what you experience and if you stay leak free I would love to see your wicking technique.

Reactions: TrollDragon

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Sorry @ToolmanTexas I forgot all about this post, my bad.

I started with a little bit of KGD in the bottom of the B deck cut into two little semi circles to fit on the floor of it covering the juice holes. I use Rayon, so I draped the trimmed wick tails from the coil onto the KGD pad and filled it up. Vaped okay but the feed was not there to keep the Rayon saturated with a 50/50 juice. I used the KGD pad to make wicking easier when it needed to be changed but it didn't work out.

Now it is just a trimmed Rayon wick. I orient the coil in line with the cutouts on the top of the deck. Push the majority of the trimmed Rayon tails down in front of the first juice holes just below the cutouts. I put the remaining bit along the bottom edge covering the other holes closest to the posts. Looking down from the top take a pick or screwdriver and push the wick up against the wall and away from the air hole in the center. Juice will drain down through that hole if the wick is touching the edge.

Look in the juice holes from the outside to make sure the ones under the cutouts are in fact covered completely, sometimes they are only half covered.

Fill and Go!

I don't run MaxVG in the Rs so I don't know if this will work good for you. I was pondering taking a fine Diamond wheel point Dremel bit to the holes to enlarge them a tad.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Sorry @ToolmanTexas I forgot all about this post, my bad.

I started with a little bit of KGD in the bottom of the B deck cut into two little semi circles to fit on the floor of it covering the juice holes. I use Rayon, so I draped the trimmed wick tails from the coil onto the KGD pad and filled it up. Vaped okay but the feed was not there to keep the Rayon saturated with a 50/50 juice. I used the KGD pad to make wicking easier when it needed to be changed but it didn't work out.

Now it is just a trimmed Rayon wick. I orient the coil in line with the cutouts on the top of the deck. Push the majority of the trimmed Rayon tails down in front of the first juice holes just below the cutouts. I put the remaining bit along the bottom edge covering the other holes closest to the posts. Looking down from the top take a pick or screwdriver and push the wick up against the wall and away from the air hole in the center. Juice will drain down through that hole if the wick is touching the edge.

Look in the juice holes from the outside to make sure the ones under the cutouts are in fact covered completely, sometimes they are only half covered.

Fill and Go!

I don't run MaxVG in the Rs so I don't know if this will work good for you. I was pondering taking a fine Diamond wheel point Dremel bit to the holes to enlarge them a tad.

No worries TD, thanks for the update.

I've never wicked with rayon but would like to try it and mesh... it's on my shortterm bucket list :)

2 questions:

1. Any chance for a pic when you fill/rewick next time
  2. What % VG is the highest you have run so far successfully

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Reactions: ToolmanTexas

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
No worries TD, thanks for the update.

I've never wicked with rayon but would like to try it and mesh... it's on my shortterm bucket list :)

2 questions:

1. Any chance for a pic when you fill/rewick next time
  2. What % VG is the highest you have run so far successfully
Here is how I lay out the wick on the SQRs B Deck. Out of the coil and straight down to the first hole. Then I take it across to the other hole by the post keeping it away from the center air hole. I only run 50/50 through this tank and have never run thicker.

Make sure the wick is tight up against the deck wall and covering the holes.
4UD2VNi.jpg

LTWc7dU.jpg

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Here is how I lay out the wick on the SQRs B Deck. Out of the coil and straight down to the first hole. Then I take it across to the other hole by the post keeping it away from the center air hole. I only run 50/50 through this tank and have never run thicker.

Make sure the wick is tight up against the deck wall and covering the holes.
4UD2VNi.jpg

LTWc7dU.jpg

Beautiful demo TD, thanks! I'll give this a try next go round and make sure I cover all these bases.

What I'm really trying to do though is run 100% VG in the SQ R(s), as the W deck is absolutely perfect with my lower VG juices.

So far, only issue I've run into with the B deck is leaking. I haven't had a single dry hit so its wicking good I believe, it's just overnight it springs a leak :)

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Beautiful demo TD, thanks! I'll give this a try next go round and make sure I cover all these bases.

What I'm really trying to do though is run 100% VG in the SQ R(s), as the W deck is absolutely perfect with my lower VG juices.

So far, only issue I've run into with the B deck is leaking. I haven't had a single dry hit so its wicking good I believe, it's just overnight it springs a leak :)
You are most welcome and I hope it helps.

I have never had the B deck leak at all. I was worried when it first arrived as the post holes are on the bottom so it would be logical for juice to seep down the gap. I have had the B deck out to look at it when I changed the coil, it was wet under there but not to excess. As long as you keep the wick away from the air hole it shouldn't drain down it either, unless the feed holes are not covered fully.

I have had a few tanks that emptied out over night. I usually leave them unmounted with the drip tip down until I can sort out the problem. PiTA, but no mess to clean up. ;)

Good luck and keep us posted on how it works out.
:toast:

Reactions: ToolmanTexas

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I've had a load of leaks with the B deck but I also don't know another tank that gives as good a vape for me as this one.

I'm in two minds about getting the Dream as I don't know what it's like for mtl vaping.
I run it dual coil wide open, you might want to wait till they release the single coil deck as you have to block off the other two juice feed holes for a single coil.

You can put the coil between the posts but the airflow will not be directly on the coil, more on the wicks.

There is a new Rose coming as well that might be killer for flavor like the V2 is.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I've had a load of leaks with the B deck but I also don't know another tank that gives as good a vape for me as this one.

I'm in two minds about getting the Dream as I don't know what it's like for mtl vaping.
What I've heard is they have a deck coming out that is more suited for mtl

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I run it dual coil wide open, you might want to wait till they release the single coil deck as you have to block off the other two juice feed holes for a single coil.

You can put the coil between the posts but the airflow will not be directly on the coil, more on the wicks.

There is a new Rose coming as well that might be killer for flavor like the V2 is.

I never could get the rose v2s to perform right for me... I really wanted to love it as it's a beautiful Atty..only got dry hits and meh flavor when not..sure it was my build/wick but it was a pain to work with so I let it go :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread