Status
Not open for further replies.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Up until my last Heaven-Gift order all my 901 attys were of the same type: fairly large wick that had "wings" on either side of it. I just looked at the last batch I received and the wick is smaller, no "wings" and it comes to a sharper point at the top. Both types are marked SLB. Is this new type supposed to be an improvement? I'm vaping on one now and it does seems to have better airflow, but that might just be because it's clean. :p

Bellasin

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2009
Roscommon, MI
I have 3 new attys from a different supplier exactly as you describe. I wonder if the more pointed wick is why these attys are insanely hot after 3 pulls. In fact I was trying to figure out where to post a question about finding the attys which do not have the SLB stamped on them. It seems like I read somewhere in here that the 901 has 2 styles of attys and one burns alot hotter. I want to find the cooler attys and I think those are the ones with nothing stamped into the thread end. Because my 3 new attys are scary hot, and I am very disappointed that I cannot vape as I have been. If anybody knows where to buy those attys without SLB on them please let me know. Meanwhile I will have to puff 3 times and lay my 901 down. I cant believe how hot this is.

Bellasin

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2009
Roscommon, MI
I may be mistaken, but the old style can now only be found as the "4075" model. If you look on heaven gifts, you will see the pics. I have both models, but prefer the new ones better as they pump out vapor closer to the 510 than the 4075s.....everyones tastes differ on this tho....

I cant find 2 models on Heaven Gifts site, could you possibly tell me where to look on the site? Or send a link? I really need help trying to locate the old style attys or maybe someone can tell me how to fix these new ones that are burning so hot that its impossible to vape like I used to. TIA.

DMertz99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Maryland
So which one delivers more flavor with a higher voltage pass-thru (PT)? Some say the 4075 is burns cooler than the 901 and others have it reversed. I've only been vaping for a month. I have both the M401 (auto, manual & PT) and DSE901 (auto). Most of my vaping is on the 401PT (until my 901 arrives). I've noticed the 401 batteries deliver a lot more flavor than the PT.

I get plenty of vapor with all of my models... especially the PT.

bigozone

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2009
Kentucky
I may be mistaken, but the old style can now only be found as the "4075" model. If you look on heaven gifts, you will see the pics. I have both models, but prefer the new ones better as they pump out vapor closer to the 510 than the 4075s.....everyones tastes differ on this tho....

FYI...

best ecig sells the NON SLB attys. i like them better since i vape at 6v:evil:
but like you said everyone's taste differ ;)

thier model is the BE901, kinda like the BE112 ecig
(btw the BE112 atty seems to be one of the HV vaping favorites)

Last edited:

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I've been using the newer style for a while now and like them. They do seem to heat up quicker than the old style but so far I haven't lost a single one (knocks on wood), so they may be more robust as well...

I've noticed I get the "burnt atty taste" more often with these if I don't keep them wet, so keep your carts topped off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread