Old style 901 attys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToniAnne

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Anyone know of a place that sells the old style 901 attys still? The ones WITHOUT the washer in them? I have had great luck with the one that I had that was the old style, and NO luck with the new style. I just want to be able to purchase one of the old style until I have the money to buy a larger amount, cuz I know it will last me longer than the newer style! LOL All my attys are bad. I have tried everything to clean them and they all taste nasty :( I think I am horrible at vaping! Ahhhhhhh! Killed 3 batteries and 8 attys in 2 1/2 months.. that cannot be good. :facepalm:

DemonCowboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Florida, US
Anyone know of a place that sells the old style 901 attys still? The ones WITHOUT the washer in them? I have had great luck with the one that I had that was the old style, and NO luck with the new style. I just want to be able to purchase one of the old style until I have the money to buy a larger amount, cuz I know it will last me longer than the newer style! LOL All my attys are bad. I have tried everything to clean them and they all taste nasty :( I think I am horrible at vaping! Ahhhhhhh! Killed 3 batteries and 8 attys in 2 1/2 months.. that cannot be good. :facepalm:

wow, i just today killed my first atty (a 901) if i had the tools and supplies i'd offer to fix them for you - but if u'r just going to throw them away can i have them so i'll be able to fix them when i DO manage to get my hands on the supplies?

firhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Port Huron MI./Ontario, CA.
if u'r just going to throw them away can i have them so i'll be able to fix them when i DO manage to get my hands on the supplies?

If you post in classifieds offering to send a stamped self-addressed mailer to anyone with bum attys(or any dead parts for that matter), you will likely get a ton of replies.

ToniAnne

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
wow, i just today killed my first atty (a 901) if i had the tools and supplies i'd offer to fix them for you - but if u'r just going to throw them away can i have them so i'll be able to fix them when i DO manage to get my hands on the supplies?

I am keeping them for now, hoping that I figure out a way to make them taste good again! LOL Some of them were only used for a couple days, I have to think that they can NOT be done forever! LOL If I decide I want to chuck them, I will hit you up with a PM for an address and send them your way! :D

DemonCowboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Florida, US
I am keeping them for now, hoping that I figure out a way to make them taste good again! LOL Some of them were only used for a couple days, I have to think that they can NOT be done forever! LOL If I decide I want to chuck them, I will hit you up with a PM for an address and send them your way! :D

sounds good, maybe it's just the way u'r cleaning them? because i found out if i didn't wash out the burnt stuff after washing, then firing to "dry" it left a nasty taste i had to work off - i think it was burned stuff that didn't get washed off the atty and then got burned when trying to dry it) a broken atty is 1 that doesn't do anything when u press the button...lol

DemonCowboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Florida, US
and i just said maybe it's the way u'r cleaning them, because i've been using regular tap water (hard water at that - Florida well water) and i've been getting mine clean enough to use at least - just fill and shake the hell out of it several times w/ water, let sit to dry awhile, dry burn - wrinse it out again - i just didn't do it at all this past week to the atty i killed ( i think i might vape too much running through 3 batts/day (owning 2 bats...lol)

pintail64

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
Missouri

What supplies are you looking for? I have a little bit laying around, If I have what you need, I could send you some.

DemonCowboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Florida, US
What supplies are you looking for? I have a little bit laying around, If I have what you need, I could send you some.

well i still gotta get tools obviously as i'm newly-ish back from the UK and haven't had call for them till now

but after I get tools again i'll still need the solder (lead free,) nichrome wire, perhaps extra flux as I don't know how sensitive these connections can be at 6 or fewer volts and to repair fire-wick - though i might have a couple zippo wicks lying around i can take the copper out of if i can find them and if need be.

though, eventually i have an idea for a different type of atty but i think it'd probably be best if i experimented w/ that fully on my own dime.

as far as repairs go though, if i can manage to get set up, i'd have no complaints about repairing the groups atties and possibly batteries (or making mods if ppl don't want their battery connectors etc.)

essentially i'll be just getting started, but i could be wrong but i believe repairing/modding etc will be easier than jobs like repairing those bad welds to the optical sensor on the old PS1's...lol

DemonCowboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Florida, US
i never heard mine pop, i was just using it then wasn't getting anything took my cart off to check it thinking it might b flooded - pressed the button and nada - but i cleaned it the 1st 2 weekends i had it then got lazy and didn't even bother to take it apart and stand the atty up at night - so i deserve what i got...lol

DemonCowboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Florida, US
I am trying to figure out if there is enough room in an atty to put 2 nicrome coils inside instead of just one. It would run the batts down faster, but imagine the vapor you would get...LOL

lol, the atty design change i have is more for longevity, strength and an idea for a change in the airflow (which will mean i'll get to create a cart mod for it)

but as far as 2 coils, i'm really not sure there is room - the best u could hope for would be to take a long atty (like a 901) and make it an extra-long 801 atty w/ a coil behind for cleanup to make sure nothing is missed that gets past the front coil plus to heat up the area in the first coil in general, but i'm really not sure that'd be effective enough to be worth it. because what I've seen of atties in vids and stuff there's not much room for those coils at all - that's y 1 of the tools i plan on acquiring is a fly fishing arm (u know the 1 w/ the magnifying glass attached so my blind ... can see what i'm doing...lol)

firhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Port Huron MI./Ontario, CA.
I am trying to figure out if there is enough room in an atty to put 2 nicrome coils inside instead of just one. It would run the batts down faster, but imagine the vapor you would get...LOL

About 9 months/1 year ago Cisco started a thread detailing (with pictures)how he transplanted two 510 coils into a single 801 atty shell.

If ya search the modders form it should be in there somewhere.

Blaze

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Kentucky
Killed 3 batteries and 8 attys in 2 1/2 months.. that cannot be good.

Don't feel bad, I officially "popped" my 11th (I think, I've about lost count :facepalm:) atty last night, couple that with 4 burnt out cartos in the past month.....there's got to be a better option for 5-6v vaping, 3.7 doesn't even come close to cutting it for me anymore :(

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
Thanks, doll! :D

My pleasure :)

Don't feel bad, I officially "popped" my 11th (I think, I've about lost count :facepalm:) atty last night, couple that with 4 burnt out cartos in the past month.....there's got to be a better option for 5-6v vaping, 3.7 doesn't even come close to cutting it for me anymore :(

Hmmm.. I must be doing something wrong with my 5vs then. I find that my plain old PV's or my 3.7's give me just as much (if not more) satisfaction as the 5's. I think it's the juice.

It's my (hmm.. can't think of the word today.. hunch? idea?) that it's just as much the 'juice' as it is the equipment. I can put the same juice in different PV's with various attys or cartos and receive better results on the lower voltage units as the higher (depending on what I put in them).

In my regular PV's I use my homemade Vanilla concoction. In my 3.7's I use a friend's homemade recipe.

Have you tried fiddling with the ingredients in your juice? To adjust the TH and viscosity and flavor?

My closest 'match' to a real cigarette feeling; is a homemade juice I've made with homemade vanilla. The vanilla is made with beans from Madagascar and vodka. Then it's strained several times (have not killed an atty yet *knockonwood*) and then mixed with some other drops, a bit of menthol, PG nic, and a fair amount of VG. It takes a lot more of the vanilla (as to drop ratio) so I need to either harvest my own beans :D or start importing some in, because my vanilla bottle is getting low and it takes about six months to 'mature' the vanilla extract. I could try the store bought version, but then it would be lacking the vodka, and may loose some of the great homemade taste. Hmmm.

Anyway.. just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread